PDA

View Full Version : Just Warming up with a prefish!

Scalem
03-03-2012, 06:31 PM
3 up was again a magic number for my boat, Tim D and I decided enough was enough with failed fishing trips, the weather looked like it was going to give us a small window of good weather today and Matt Chew joined us . We had a great morning and we nailed cobia with artificial pillies. :P No smelly stuff on board, and we stopped at 5 as yours truely was slow in getting his 2nd. The guys left that gap open for me, the esky needed serious rearranging to close the lid anyway::) I definitely assumed the role as gaf man, always busy doing that! :-?At one stage it was a tripple hookup, I lost mine and had to gaf the others. Matt returned two to the water, one measuring 1 mtr or so, but not as big as the other fish which all seemed to be 110cm.

The stats
5 fish
at least 2 bust ups each, Matt was definitely onto something much, much bigger, and we are still scratching our heads wondering what it was.
Tim D - A Table spoon of concrete was offered - something to do with moaning about the possibility of catching another cobia when he was already tired of catching his.

Thanks for coming out guys, always have a great day when we can time good weather, but today was exceptional!

Scalem

PS, Matt has more on water photos in his camera, he'll add when he can.

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp223/Scalem/webcobia5.jpg

Bull
03-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Excellent stuff guys might keep Rosco quiet for a little while lol
but he got into the macs as well.
Cheers Bull

Agrav8_and_Lulu
03-03-2012, 06:41 PM
How good is that. Top effort guys, I don't think you fellas are going hungry tonight.

Jigsrule
03-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Top effort Scalem. We had a good day also. 6 squires, 1 trag jew and 1 amberjack. Weather was glorious at first with a non-existant bar then turned crap just before midday as predicted and pulled the pin earlier than normal. Big thanks to Robtarr (Outsider) and Shige for a great day

TimD
04-03-2012, 01:43 AM
Just got out of bed as when i got home i had a debilitating headache. Couple of panadol, a few hours sleep and a midnight macca's run and im all good again.

Just wanna say thanks again Brian for taking Matt and i fishing, and thanks for gaffing our fish all day hehe. I'm glad Matt was on board today as he taught us how to work the artificial pillies and had great pleasure turning up the drag on my saltiga mid fight, thanks for the extra pain to my back and bicepts Matt. Brian its a shame you didnt get yours in the boat to complete the bag limit but i guess when you play with light leaders it's always risky. At least you had it boatside and got to see it before it powered off into the depths again never to return. I'm not even sure we could of fit another cobe in the esky as it was a struggle to close the lid with 5 in there.

Anyway its so bloody late i dunno what else to say except it was a bloody good session and hopefully future trips are as productive.

cheers tim :)

thelump
04-03-2012, 05:43 AM
Nice work fellas. Some great chewing there. But if you were to use bait you may get a decent sized one like this.

Scalem
04-03-2012, 06:28 AM
Thanks Jason, I think Matt hooked onto one that size but the fish had other ideas about wearing his artificial pillie as jewelry. MY PB was on a livie many years ago..... hours of sitting around waiting for a strike would have sent me to sleep yesterday, there was certainly no time for that, it was go go go. Sorry I didn't recognize your call sign immediately, now I know your boats name.

BTW, make a note, there is a channel forming closer to Amity through the bar, I think that's the one you use. Would have been a good choice in Yesterdays wind on the way back, but we got through OK. If you are going out through there again I'll follow you

Brian

Adam_G
04-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Very nice work guys. I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms from not fishing in so long.
Adam

Jigsrule
04-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Nice work fellas. Some great chewing there. But if you were to use bait you may get a decent sized one like this.

Wow, nice cobia. Wish i could of caught something like that. Welldone

thelump
04-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Thats an old photo Phantomboy. From last year. Just rubbing it in to the plastics guys. They out did me yesterday thats for sure>

seastorm
04-03-2012, 08:54 AM
What was the general area you guys fished yesterday?

3 up was again a magic number for my boat, Tim D and I decided enough was enough with failed fishing trips, the weather looked like it was going to give us a small window of good weather today and Matt Chew joined us . We had a great morning and we nailed cobia with artificial pillies. :P No smelly stuff on board, and we stopped at 5 as yours truely was slow in getting his 2nd. The guys left that gap open for me, the esky needed serious rearranging to close the lid anyway::) I definitely assumed the role as gaf man, always busy doing that! :-?At one stage it was a tripple hookup, I lost mine and had to gaf the others. Matt returned two to the water, one measuring 1 mtr or so, but not as big as the other fish which all seemed to be 110cm.

The stats
5 fish
at least 2 bust ups each, Matt was definitely onto something much, much bigger, and we are still scratching our heads wondering what it was.
Tim D - A Table spoon of concrete was offered - something to do with moaning about the possibility of catching another cobia when he was already tired of catching his.

Thanks for coming out guys, always have a great day when we can time good weather, but today was exceptional!

Scalem

PS, Matt has more on water photos in his camera, he'll add when he can.

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp223/Scalem/webcobia5.jpg

TimD
04-03-2012, 08:59 AM
seastorm just out from the South Passage Bar :thumbsup:

carnster
04-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Fun times guys.

webby
04-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Next time take a decent gaff Jason, can remember that trip well ???

rosco1974
04-03-2012, 12:08 PM
well done fellas,bout time u got a few fish.i tried givin tim a call to let ya know the wind was on its way but no answer..brian looks like you need 3 on your boat to catch a feed,1 fisherman and 2 wanna be fisho's..lol
cheers rosco

TimD
04-03-2012, 12:51 PM
well done fellas,bout time u got a few fish.i tried givin tim a call to let ya know the wind was on its way but no answer..brian looks like you need 3 on your boat to catch a feed,1 fisherman and 2 wanna be fisho's..lol
cheers rosco

Yeah sorry rosco couldn't answer the phone because i was too busy fighting cobia :thumbsup:

My phone is always in my bag mate so i never hear the bloody thing ringing, better off calling me on 21 ;)

seastorm
04-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Tim where you fishing out of a fiberglass white 1/2 cab with a ausfish sticker on the side just out from the SP bar on Saturday?

TimD
04-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Tim where you fishing out of a fiberglass white 1/2 cab with a ausfish sticker on the side just out from the SP bar on Saturday?

Sent you a PM mate

thelump
05-03-2012, 05:47 AM
Next time take a decent gaff Jason, can remember that trip well ???

Ahh yes Brian the Supergaff. Blacky still has it proudly displayed in his beer drinking area!

MattChew
05-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the trip out Brian. Had good fun getting a new species on the board .. shame I couldn't pull up the truck sized version but the little PE2 / Branzino outfit does have its limits.

Ta
Matt

Goldfinch
05-03-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm with Rosco. There's only one thing to say really and thats... "ABOUT TIME BOYS"!!!!!!

Scalem
06-03-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm with Rosco. There's only one thing to say really and thats... "ABOUT TIME BOYS"!!!!!!

Others might thank you for that comment Dave, not me!!:P;D;D

Scalem