PDA

View Full Version : DT's PB's Charters

Mossy247
03-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Was heading out with Netmaker & Dicktracey for a fish on the wednesday 29/2/2012 wasn't to sure where we were off to but was down the ramp at 4am and plan was to just look around and see what we could see. Left cabbage tree creek in hope of catching a few fish had a handful of marks Richard had loaded into his gps. Tried the M8 marker for a flick and some other spots and the call was made to poke our nose out around the cape, the swells were pretty big compared to mud LoL but netmaker was saying how good of a weather it was. I wouldn't have a clue as I don't get out of the bay much.
The only other boat in sight was a group of divers who seemed to be heading towards flinders. Got to a spot and thought we would pull up and have a drift around and see what was on the chew. Threw out the plastics and not too long into the drift the little stradic starts screaming off I was only fishing 10bl/12lb leader and just held on, did manage to pull the fish around and after a nice fight in comes my first rainbow runner. Yeah... ;D;D;D
Plenty of action going on under the boat as the water was magical and you could see so far down, maybe that is why I started feeling green and hadn't felt like this in a while.... over to the side and up she comes.... Spew after spew.. I think the spew and the large amounts of shit I was getting from the boys started to bring in the fish old sea dog davo and richard were fine and having a good laugh. Plenty of fish going off Netmaker managed to hook a few good sized snapps but was unlucky as they were spitting his hook. I got my sh!t together and threw out the line and not long after it starts, my favourite sound....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz nice one. Had a few good runs but played it out nice and steady and up it comes a nice flash of my favourite fish, snapper! In the net and there it is 73 my new PB snapper. ;D Over to the side of the boat I go and have a spew, after spew after spew... Arrgghh its getting stuck in my beard ::)
Pulled another few lines and drifts and not long into a drift Richard gets a nice hit and off it goes zzzzzzzzzz our the noise of joy. Bit of a struggle and tussle and up comes a nice rainbow runner, not long after that I get another hit and a little lines is taken up comes a smaller rainbow around 50. Few more drifts and over the same patch I scored my PB, I get a good hit and off it goes... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bit more weight on this one plenty of good runs with some nice tail thumps I thought yeah.... Some good net work from the boys and over the side up comes another snapper on the mat and yes, a newer PB 77 ;D;D;D.
Plenty more drifts and a few fish biting hooks, snags, few more spat hooks and by this time I was pretty much the resident down the corner with my mate ralph. :-X:-X:-X
Tried a few different spots, trolling around for about an hour but not much else, by this time I was rubbish and Richard felt sorry for me so we came back to the bay. It's amazing how chipper I felt after we got around the cape LoL not much action around mud the winds had got up along with the chop and we decided to call it a day and punch our way home to cabbage tree. Richard said keep friday free so I was thinking better grab some kwells mossy.
Caught up with Richard on the thursday and went for a drive around to pick up more of the plastics we lost yesterday and to try a few new ones. Also popped in to Northside Marine were Richard picked up a sea anchor with a voucher he had.
Called Davo to see if he was in but wasn't too sure as we all copped a fair bit of sun also I think he thought I would be sick and have to come home early :P
Davo was out so it was me and Richard at this stage so Richard made the call to a mate from the sunny coast Big Al. So plan was to do the same as wednesday and see what shakes. Any ways out to the same areas and alot less swell this time but a little more chops in go the lines and on came the bites zzzzzzzzzzz goes the reel think I had a little too miuch drag as this one snapped my leader into the fight and this one was nice. Few more bites few more runs and plenty of bust off's. Grrrr....
Back to repeat the drifts and zzzzzz not as large as the others but managed to come tight on a small snapper 63. Old mate Big Al poor dude had a fish on and his bloody reel handle snapped managed to bring the fish in and was a squire around 43. I handed him my second outfit and said give this one a go. Not long after the reel starts going mental.... zzzzzzzzzzz not mine but Al, a good fight and plenty of line going Al just stayed cool and let it do it's thing. Up come a very nice spangled at 67. Few more drifts and Richard gets a nice hit and runs a nice tussle and he lands another spangled at about 56. Meanwhile Al was plugging away in the corner ripping up some very nice snapper, he was on fire with the plastics and braining them. Was he converted???
I still don't know the most hopeful response was "I'm still not full convinced" hahaha;D
Richard was hoping for the big one and not long after he is bent over the side of the boat holding on as the rod buckled over and gave the tell tail thumps of a snapper zzzzzzz it goes... Abit of a fight and plenty of good runs Richard manages a PB snapper. abit larger than his previous 40cm squire, always good to see mates land some good fish even if he does beat your own PB. :P Well done DT. Not long after that I was casting out and on the drop of it goes..... screaming line like mad... not as many defined thumps but a good sized fish, the fight was on, it had me around the whole of the boat out the front of the boat for about 5 mins running around, this was awesome, was taking line and was able to turn the fish with time to come back to the boat a good fight and up comes my new PB rainbow. Wasn't going to measure this one as it was going back int he drink though second thoughts I prob should of though I don't think Richards 80cm brag mat would of helped was over 80 for sure.
Well only one snapper this trip for me so Richard was come on mossy we'll go over to another spot and you can get another snapper, right-o skipper you've done pretty well so lets make it happen. Over to the sport second cast and zzzzzzzzzzz holy crap bit of a fight and up comes a nice snapper at 71cm. So we unloaded the esky to ensure we don't get caught out and we managed to have 3 over 70 with a few in the mid to high 60's.
Was starting to get a bit late so made the call to head home to the ramp stopped off at a few schools of fish busting up but just couldn't get them in close enough so we gave up and headed home I don't know where we could of even put the thing if we caught it.
All in all it was some of the most exciting fishing I have done and as long as I take my kwells I am A- OK.

I would like to thank Richard aka (DickTracey) for the time out of the bay was an awesome time and had the pleasure to meet some new people with a good sense of humour and maybe just maybe Big Al might grab a plastic instead of bait.

All good sized fish were taken on plastics. Big thanks to Barry "Dayoo" for the quality tackle gear the hotlips and big eye jigs stood up to some very nice sized snapper, spangles and rainbows.

Was going to head out to mud today but was tired, so got up and cleaned my fish and dropped a fish of to a mate and ordered more jig heads.;D

cobiaman
03-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Great weather and some great fish, well done mate

Mossy247
03-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Great weather and some great fish, well done mate

Skipper did a bloody good job putting us on the fish it was up to us to do the rest.
Cheers mate - tight lines

Dicktracey
03-03-2012, 10:53 AM
No problems Mossy had a ball,out on water now playing Deckie for Tracey & daughter :)
Mud doesn't really cut it after a PB snapper of 78 :) :)
Thanks for the starting points Rosco :) :)
Mossy I reckon Davo was the only one spewing yesterday ;)
Was impressive to see a man that dedicated to pull in snapper between dry reaching, you deserved another shit at the title :) Sorry I couldn't put you on a 82 like Al's but I reckon those little chicken wings of yours would of snapped ;)

netmaker
03-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Called Davo to see if he was in but wasn't too sure as we all copped a fair bit of sun also I think he thought I would be sick and have to come home early :P

read me like a book mate;). lot of travelling involved going offshore - 4.5 hours of it including the return drive, not to mention the expense (but the missus does lol). thought it better to let you sort out your tummy problems before trying again. dont get me wrong tho - that trip was worth it just to meet your mates ralph, chuck and bert;D. but now i have, i dont need to anymore oh soft and green one:P. way to go on keeping your brekky down on the second attempt and congrats to all of you on a great catch. well done on the pb doubling dick8-). lot harder to do that again now lol. and keep me on you short list - so long as mossy takes his meds first::).

cheers
davo

Dicktracey
03-03-2012, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=netmaker; - that trip was worth it just to meet your mates ralph, chuck and bert;D. but now i have, i dont need to anymore oh soft and green one:P. way to go on keeping your brekky down on the second attempt and congrats to all of you on a great catch. well done on the pb doubling dick8-). lot harder to do that again now lol. and keep me on you short list - so long as mossy takes his meds first::).
cheers
davo[/QUOTE]
No worries Davo I was impressed by his effort for round 2 ;) I think after meeting Big Al he wasn't game to spew :)
Reckon Al would have dropped him on the back of a marker and we would of grabbed him later :)
It's a shame Mossy couldn't pull anything over 77 :) :) but hey thats fishing.
2 from 2 & 6 PB's in 2 trips back to back I should retire from fishing out wide now and go back to Bait "Sorry Rosco" at least i will have an excuse then lol

Ran an economy check on the Suzuki 16L/hr average over 5hrs of big seas and hard slogging rather impressed.
cheers
Dick

fisho8
03-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Well done on the new PB Mossy and a great lot of fish there I am the same offshore mate I am hit and miss really some days I have been out with no meds and been fine but others I have been sick as a dog I take the Kwells now before I go as a precaution. Got some really good weather to. Well done to all of you.:)

Dicktracey
03-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Well done on the new PB Mossy and a great lot of fish there I am the same offshore mate I am hit and miss really some days I have been out with no meds and been fine but others I have been sick as a dog I take the Kwells now before I go as a precaution. Got some really good weather to. Well done to all of you.:)

Fisho the sky looked great but i think the rolling 2-3m swell did it ;)
Hey Ralph have you seen Herb & Chuck ? lmao

Tickleish
03-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Great effort guys, the fish and the boat went well. I love the look of the evo - might have a think about a trade in. I would be interseted to have a chat with you Dick on your likes and dislikes if any.

We headed out 5am friday only to break down shortly after crossing SPB, managed to get going again and headed home.

Anyone know a good Merc mechanic?

netmaker
03-03-2012, 05:55 PM
hey dt. have you checked out the bait v artificials m&g mate? what will you do? only bait or plastics per vessel. tracey may not approve;). another convert down the track maybe? welcome to the dark side:LOL:. great fuel economy for the conditions too mate. was a great day out and many thanks.

cheers

BillyT2382
03-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Nice work on the fish boys...Awesome on the PB's looks like ya all had some fun out there, Well done on doubling your PB Dick great stuff..The pics are awesome too.

Cheers
Billy

Tangles
03-03-2012, 07:07 PM

Gold:D

Mossy was that chuck a PB as well?

Mossy247
03-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Gold:D

Mossy was that chuck a PB as well?

No it was just redbulls and stomach bile. Had much worse during the reign of the bourbon monster. Still a great day out on the water, won't be hanging out with chuck anymore ;)

OODIES
03-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Great read boys and a a lot of good banter too...lol
Don't give up on me Davo...Thee comps have started again so Me & Bretto are fishin 2 out of 4 weekends, so that means the boss is putting presure on me the remainder of my free time...lol

Yellowjack
03-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Bloody great work mate!
Dick you need to take me out on your boat ! Just please dont make me walk the plank! hahaha\

Cheers,
Jack

thelump
04-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Great work fellas. And a good read Mossy. Maybe a stupid question but isn't Cabbage Tree down near the Pin??

netmaker
04-03-2012, 06:46 AM
Great work fellas. And a good read Mossy. Maybe a stupid question but isn't Cabbage Tree down near the Pin??

1 at jacobs well. 1 at shorncliffe. cabbage tree. its just like smith these days....

TimD
04-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Good fish there guy's, who needs stinky bait with results like that :thumbsup:

Mossy's chunder may have made all the difference though with the constant burley trail :P

cheers tim :)

fisho8
04-03-2012, 09:38 AM

Haha been in that position a couple of times I hate getting crook 2-3mtr swell would have tested anyone I went out on Reel Easy Charters out to Caloundra Wide and come back through Hutchies there were 14 of us and 10 got sick I was one of the luck ones becuase I had takes my Meds alot of them were drinking beer at 6.00am as we were heading out and the swell was up around the 2-2.5mtrs nothing like trying to fish and having some guys come up beside you and powerchuck into the sea haha I can tell you the beer saw the light of day again and that was it for them they spent the day spewing and we spent it fishing until we finished so basically from about 7am to about 2.30pm it was ralph city.:dizzy:

Mossy247
04-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Good fish there guy's, who needs stinky bait with results like that :thumbsup:

Mossy's chunder may have made all the difference though with the constant burley trail :P

cheers tim :) I think you might be on to something there Tim.
Cheers Mossy

Tangles
04-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Mossy,

we didnt find your lungs drifting off the Cape on Saturday mate, sorry we will keep trying:D

Funchy
04-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Well done Mosssy. Great report as usual mate. :thumbsup:

fishfeeder
05-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Mossy mate top read and photos..
Had one of my mates turn green and had a long look over the side Saturday...
I couldn't resist the opportunity to give him heaps..
I was trying to take his mind off it by asking if he was going for a holiday soon.. his reply was Europe, Europe, Europe !! :sick2: ...... I think hes really excited because he kept tell us all morning where hes going......

Poor bugger was still crook 2hrs after being on dry land, don't think he will get on the piss the night before heading out for a fish again real soon...

Cheers
Brett

Richo1
05-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Great report Mossy, good to see you getting a couple of PB's ;)

Scalem
07-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Mossy you poor buggar, that used to be me calling out the same name. In fact I remember good 'ol uncle ducking in behind Flinders on the western side for a while to help me get the sea legs again. I had nothing left in the guts to burley so fishing just shut down for both of us. But these days there is no issue going offshore, still take a qtr travelcalm the night before though. If you do get used to it, I think your mate will need to buy a bigger freezer. Well done!

Scalem

Dicktracey
10-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Well guy's to Mossy's credit I think he has his sea legs sorted, it's a bit like what came first though the chicken or the egg ;)
The Red Bulls used to counter act the packet of qwells thrown down like smarties does my head in :o
Mossy rides the highs and lows of the swell like a middle aged woman going through menopause ;)
Davo "netmaker" never let up all day every burp,sound or remark from Mossy was met with you ok mate,keep your lunch down mate, how about some burley to help the fish ;D
So out of 3 trips outside Mossy lost his guts only once 33.3% chance of burley ::)
We caught fish all 3 trips, had more laughs than at a labour politicians strategy convention.

Time to discover some more ground out wide now, wonder how he will go at the banks ?
Not sure how we will go now that we have taken 20fish from the Sea in the last 3 trips ;) Lucky there are a few more ::)

TimD
10-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Dicktracey just keep some concrete powder on board for your deckie's :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

netmaker
10-03-2012, 02:32 PM
So out of 3 trips outside Mossy lost his guts only once 33.3% chance of burley ::)

hey dick

let me clarify that:scholar:. mossy was sick 1 day from 3. he lost his guts many more times than once:wreck::dizzy::sick2::sick2:. reckon the poor buggers sphincter was sticking in his oesophagus:o. its good to see the kwells do it for him as we have a lot of fun out there. thanks again dick8-).

cheers

ps. got lost going home anyway:dunce:. used sense of direction and found myself at the gabba via aspley. home at 7.30. beers with the boys till 10. long day. decided to have a day off today lol.