PDA

View Full Version : Belco for stabi??

Out-Station
01-03-2012, 08:57 PM
G'day all, looking at replacing the trailer under the old mans 609 stabi, going from a dunbier skidded job probably to a belco multi roller. Couple of questions, hopefully

1. Stabi has very weird front end, do they work all right with a traditional swinging carriage type setup as per normal on back of most Multi rollers.

2. I have a belco under my riptide, its a good thing. Since I got mine the company has changed owners. Is the quality still as good these days. So far they have been very good to deal with.

3. As I understand belco did a heap of Multi rollers for leisure marine stabis before leisure marine went dunbier. It would be good to track a belco / stabi combo down if I could to have a yarn with thevowner?

Scott

Smithy
01-03-2012, 09:29 PM
In this day and age I would be going an open channel/I beam or alloy trailer no matter what. Fair few guys on here have got nice FMS trailers and I know of one guy with continual Belco dramas. An FMS open channel gal one would be an option. An alloy US import would be the best bet. I couldn't quite make a deal work when I had the Stabi and ended up going a cheapy gal one to sell it on. Put your name down with one of the importers and they might be looking at filling up a container for someone else.

Scott79
01-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Not a thread hijack, I promise, but how much detail about your boat would be required to give to a US trailer builder?

Scott.