PDA

View Full Version : Nice fillet gone to waste

braders83
26-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Sunday night, fish for tea. Been painting all day so I get out 2 packs of fillets of mahi mahi which we caught a few weeks ago onboard Blane11's refurbished boat off Evans Head. Was a great day and what a great skip.

The Mrs doesn't really eat much fish, so 3 fillets for me (i don't eat the small meal at McDonald's) and 1 for the young son who is about 7 months old - the Mrs was going to mash it up and put it in his food trying to get him onto meat, fair enough i thought, happy to spare a fillet for him :).

So i cook his first, then pick it apart just to make sure there's no bones and leave it on the bench to cool. All good. I cook my feed up then sit in the lounge to eat it watching the cricket. I go back to the kitchen and the fish is gone. THE F*^kING CAT has jumped up on the bench, eaten the fish, and was sitting hapily licking her chops (not in my view obviously - let's just say we don't see eye to eye at the best of times ;)).

There's a saying called 'power of the pussy' - my wife brought this cat home 5 yrs ago, say no more.

FREE CAT TO GOOD (OR NOT SO GOOD) HOME. :P

jtpython
26-02-2012, 07:27 PM
I have a crab pot screaming out for ya Moggie :P
Recycle him

PinHead
26-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Sunday night, fish for tea. Been painting all day so I get out 2 packs of fillets of mahi mahi which we caught a few weeks ago onboard Blane11's refurbished boat off Evans Head. Was a great day and what a great skip.

The Mrs doesn't really eat much fish, so 3 fillets for me (i don't eat the small meal at McDonald's) and 1 for the young son who is about 7 months old - the Mrs was going to mash it up and put it in his food trying to get him onto meat, fair enough i thought, happy to spare a fillet for him :).

So i cook his first, then pick it apart just to make sure there's no bones and leave it on the bench to cool. All good. I cook my feed up then sit in the lounge to eat it watching the cricket. I go back to the kitchen and the fish is gone. THE F*^kING CAT has jumped up on the bench, eaten the fish, and was sitting hapily licking her chops (not in my view obviously - let's just say we don't see eye to eye at the best of times ;)).

There's a saying called 'power of the pussy' - my wife brought this cat home 5 yrs ago, say no more.

FREE CAT TO GOOD (OR NOT SO GOOD) HOME. :P

I hate to say it BUT..you live in NSW..full of pussies..just look at the state of origin team.

I hope the young bloke got a feed of something.

TREVELLY
26-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Sorry but no sympathy for cat owners.

Get a dog. ;)

My 7yo son read a school book tonight called "the cat came back" - wouldn't come back if it was a story with me in it :-X

fat-buoy
26-02-2012, 09:12 PM
I don't think the fillet went to waste, the cat got a good feed :) haha

Dicktracey
26-02-2012, 09:23 PM
a cats head will go 2 & 1/2 times around before it comes off "allegedly" ;)

Lucky_Phill
26-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Dogs have owners...........

Cats have servants................

end of story..................... :) :)

LP

trymyluck
27-02-2012, 05:07 AM

LP

But dogs tend to run around here whereas the cat seems to fly from time to time...........

braders83
27-02-2012, 05:15 AM

Get a dog. ;)

My 7yo son read a school book tonight called "the cat came back" - wouldn't come back if it was a story with me in it :-X

Trev, I've actually got 2 dogs aswell which came after the cat. This place is like a zoo! The wife is on notice that this is the first and last cat.

Greg001
27-02-2012, 05:33 AM
That is why i renamed the IN-Laws cat Sharkbait

TREVELLY
27-02-2012, 05:57 AM
Trev, I've actually got 2 dogs aswell which came after the cat. This place is like a zoo! The wife is on notice that this is the first and last cat.

When i was growing up we lived on a farm - three dogs and near 20 cats - not my choice - the cats.

Sure we had horses, cows, sheep, goats, guinea pigs, ducks, chickens - yes I know zoo :)

BUT no cat ever came in the house.

And yes we were fresh city dwellers to the country and I reckon the locals knew we were a soft touch to dump the cats on.

As for me - never a cat and NEVER in the house.

Good luck ;)

deckie
28-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Next time allow that tempting cooked fillet to cool down in the microwave... with the door left open.

Giffo65
28-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Cats belong in cages ! (Crab pots)

netmaker
28-02-2012, 06:58 PM

LP

but at least cats bury their crap. remember a seinfeld skit where he said if aliens came down to earth they would pick dogs for being the masters. sure those humans are talented enough but the dogs must be the bosses as the humans run around after them picking up their crap in little baggies lol.

fat-buoy
29-02-2012, 09:45 AM
By the replies in this thread I am assuming this is not the cat lovers association website? hahahaha

mattooty
29-02-2012, 09:46 AM
I was firing the bbq up about a fortnight ago and went to get the 3 big t-bones and the kilo of rissoles off the bench when to my surprise theyw ere gone....I had 2 very satisfied big dogs sitting out the back though....wonder what happened????.....

choppa
29-02-2012, 10:16 AM
anyone watch the Today show this morning,,,, the video of a cat and a Pug Dog was better than this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE4JbrwXp6w

snapperdan
29-02-2012, 01:44 PM

Get a dog. ;)

I was a cat hater until 6 weeks ago. My neighbor found a feral kitten at their hobby farm and brought it home. This cat is a weapon (we think it has bengal in it) its only about 12 weeks old and its tail is longer than its body. It kills so many magpies n pigeons. No dog who values his eyes will go with in 10 feet of it. It bashed my neighbors german shepherd (jumped out of a tree straight on its back claws out and swinging) it has displaced all the other tom cats on the street, it walks on a leash and comes to a whistle. The thing is straight out of the jungle book. It climbs trees so quick and so high (think straight up a 60 foot spotted gum) , but it is also very friendly you can pat it however you do get bitten and scratched sometimes. Any way this but ugly white and leopard spotted cat is my new best friend. I want to take it fishing.

XtremeBoony
02-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Geez I am still laughing about the fillet sorry. I feel your pain though all that hard work for the turd to take it away at the last mOment. Could have been worse at least it was only dolPhin fish and not red emp, now that would be a different story ;D
Thanks for sharing

Cheers from boony

rabbi
02-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Stonecold has a spoilt moggie that apparently has a taste for Australian Salmon.Probly going to get fat again this winter;D

One of my previous occupations was helping eradicate feral moggies out in the Gwydir Valley down Bingara way. Gr8 therapy.8-)

lethal
02-03-2012, 10:17 PM
you could always eat the cat!!!

Giffo65
03-03-2012, 08:03 PM
"you could always eat the cat!!! "

Eating the Pussy ! :)