PDA

View Full Version : Haines cc in the classifieds.. No more effing around! 22k

simonpp82
26-02-2012, 05:54 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/classifieds.php?do=viewitem&itemid=618

Ok Guys...

I really need to sell this boat. At 22,000 this is a really good buy. It hurts me to sell it at this price but it really has to go ASAP. When I listed it on boatpoint at 27k I foolishly scoffed at offers of more than this.. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?! So its come down to the crunch and somebody is going to get an amazing fishing boat. Get the word out or buy it yourself, this is a bargain.

death_ship
26-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Put back on boat point for 25k. Around Christmas hols is the worst time to sell.

FisHard
26-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Boats: they're so easy to buy- but so hard to sell :(
Good luck mate, she looks like a nice rig

Si
26-02-2012, 08:18 PM
nice boat and looks in good nick. would make a great bay boat chasing macks and tuna. from first impressions, thats a reasonable price. hope you sell it soon.

cheers

Sheik
26-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Good luck with it, thats a lovely boat, bet she rides well with that hull

simonpp82
26-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Yes she's a nice hull, very good ride for an 18 footer. It would suit the bay tuna chaser very well, but in saying that its versatile enough to head to the shelf chasing blue marlin and bottom dropping for ooglies as I've done many a time as well. I guess the old saying rings true.. The best two days in owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. Here's hoping I can celebrate the latter very soon!

Sheik
27-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Yes, it's an ordinary feeling and it's about now you're saying "why don't I just take a feckin charter when I want to fish". That is, until you see that next one....

simonpp82
27-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Haha yeah Sheik although my problem is quite the opposite... My new (bigger) rig gets here in about a week and I don't have enough room or money for two! The pain of trying to sell this boat is kind of killing the vibe of the incoming vessel. Fingers crossed I can celebrate the farewell of the Haines followed closely by the arrival of the big rig : ) Always the optimist...

theangryangler
27-02-2012, 09:02 PM
how many hours on th etec? and whats the tow weight?

Muddy Toes
27-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Enough of the Haines......lets hear about the big rig.....

simonpp82
27-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah Muddy you've got it... I only wish I could relax enough to fully enjoy the impending arrival! Heres a link to a thread where I posted a few pics http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?181631-Looking-For-A-Glass-Centre-Cabin-Full-Walk-Around
Its called a Dusky 233 FAC, they make custom hardcore fishing boats, fairly utilitarian and built like tanks. Will be a weapon.
Angryangler I've sent a PM..

gregdeeth
03-03-2012, 05:57 PM
any luck yet simmo? is the big rig here yet?

nigelr
03-03-2012, 06:18 PM
farq that big boy is a weapon lol... congrats!

Daza27
04-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Hello Simon, have you sold this boat yet

simonpp82
04-03-2012, 03:37 PM
The Haines is still for sale Daza27...
Deethy, the boat is in the port at Brisbane right now, just needs clearence tomorrow and I can pick it up Tuesday. We'll have to christen it with a Blue next weekend!

troy
04-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Simon get a Qualified person to go over the floor and transom also look for crazy cracks on the hull.
Get a written a report and if all is good whack it up here and your boat will sell a lot quicker.
Not for one moment am i saying anything is wrong with your boat just saying if dry rot is not present then i cannot seing it lasting to long.
Troy

Si
04-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Haha yeah Sheik although my problem is quite the opposite... My new (bigger) rig gets here in about a week and I don't have enough room or money for two! The pain of trying to sell this boat is kind of killing the vibe of the incoming vessel. Fingers crossed I can celebrate the farewell of the Haines followed closely by the arrival of the big rig : ) Always the optimist...

nice mate, i just happened to sell my boat this week after a week on boatsales. I actually got more than i paid for it originally. always good to show servicing receipts. kind of curious, i sold my boat to hopefully buy a boat kind of like yours, maybe a little bigger, but an open boat to allow luring. why are you selling? you wanna fish wider and deeper?

simonpp82
04-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Troy thanks for the feedback, although the hull, floor and transom are all in good nick and solid as a rock. I don't really see the point in outlaying more money to get this done in order to sell the boat. I've already spent quite a bit in getting the trailer back up to scratch and in a good condition.
Si, If the opportunity hadn't arisen to get myself a bigger boat more suitable for overnighting etc then I would've happily held on to this boat for god knows how long. Its perfect for lure casting, and thats how I fish 80% of the time.
This boat is priced very well for a quick sale. As I stated earlier I actually had people come and look at the boat and offer me more than 22k within a week of putting the boat on boatsales for 27k, however at the time I wanted more. I'm kicking myself now cos it would've saved me alot of stress!

TREVELLY
04-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Feel for you bro.

It is a bugger when you are in a hurry and you only get casual interest and tyre kickers looking.

I can see the upgrade is impressive and a shame this one is not saying a quick enough good bye.

I have in the past sold for well under usual selling price and made a quick sale and avoided the stress - comes at a price but hey, like I said - feel for you and hope it sorts itself soon enough and you can focus on the wide deep blue hunting in the big rig.

It will be a comfortable and solid unit that's for sure.

wags on the water
04-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Simon, I've sent the details of your boat to a mate in Mackay who's looking for a similar boat at the moment.

simonpp82
04-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks Wags!

Daza27
06-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Hey Simon, what furuno sounder do you have on the boat

simonpp82
06-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Hey Daza it's a Furuno FCV 620.. Gps is a Garmin gpsmap 172c

Sheik
07-03-2012, 03:37 AM
Good luck with it Simon. I feel your pain brother. Have a car on carsales atm. But boats are bastards that's for sure. Wish I could take it off your hands. If you need someone to keep the motor turning over, let meknow...

Daza27
07-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Thanks mate

pipifin
07-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Hey Daza it's a Furuno FCV 620.. Gps is a Garmin gpsmap 172c
Does the gps have pre saved marks ????? :P