PDA

View Full Version : Mobile bearing replacement

danryan75
26-02-2012, 04:50 PM
G day fellas,

Can anybody recommend somebody who can perform mobile bearing replacement on my trailer?
located on Brisbane north side.
also a rough indication on price.

Cheers,

Daniel

wags on the water
26-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Daniel if you'd like to wait a couple of weeks until I get home, I could come around and do it for you and show you how to do it. No charge as I don't mind doing this sort of thing. How many wheels?

Cheers,
Wags

Bull
26-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi Dan,
I'm doing mine atm and I don't mind giving you a hand if you choose to do them yourself. I live at Albany Creek.
Cheers Bull

danryan75
26-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Appreciate the offer fellas. Are either of you available mid week during the day? I am on night shift and working weekend days at the moment so might be a hassle to get it around to either of your places. how long does it take to do roughly? Its a single axle trailer. Once again thanks alot for the offer.

Cheers

Bull
26-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Sorry Dan I wouldn't be able to help through the day mid week.
It could just be a couple hour job if its only the bearings. Speaking from present experience once you start looking you tend to find other stuff that needs repair.
Cheers Bull

Muddy Toes
26-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Whoever out of you two top blokes gets rejected from helping Dan out can come over to my joint and feel the love and do mine.

Serious now, your a pretty lucky guy Dan for these two guys to offer to help you

danryan75
26-02-2012, 10:11 PM
no worries. thanks for the offer tho. theres a bit i need to do to the trailer just not enough time. need to redo the brakes aswell but not urgent. they are a mechanical over ride setup. but thats a whole nother kettle of fish!. just want to get the bearings done before i make the venture to 1770 in 8 weeks.

danryan75
26-02-2012, 10:12 PM
i have offered them a wheel each, will be timing to see who is quickest. sorry mate no love to share here! all jokes aside i do feel very lucky to have this help offered!

Muddy Toes
26-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Just don't take it around to Wags's shed/building.....once you see it you'll want a set up like it too.

wags on the water
27-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Daniel, I'm home on the 14th for 6 days. No problem with coming around midweek though it will depend on the weather/swell forecast. Send me an email closer to the 14th and we'll get it sorted - brakes too.

Cheers,
Wags

wags on the water
27-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Whoever out of you two top blokes gets rejected from helping Dan out can come over to my joint and feel the love and do mine.

Serious now, your a pretty lucky guy Dan for these two guys to offer to help you

For you buddy it'll cost you a fishing trip - need to run in that 300 a little more...;D;D;);) plus you have got more wheels than Daniel.....

ShaneC
27-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Resent post as Pm as it was more appropriate......