PDA

View Full Version : fri paddle

carnster
25-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Snuck out fri morn for a quickie before work. Would love to have stayed out but had to be in by 6am. Might be a couple of days before i can fish again. Big fish BBQ for Wifees bday.

frankgrimes
25-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Spotties!! Awesome work mate.....have to work hard for them?

Mick

carnster
25-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Not at all Mick. Hardest part was paddling out thru the surf in the dark. Then i simply paddled to the reef, then turned around and paddled back in, stopping to wind in the fish. Sure makes up for missing a few thu morn. Was pretty windy, choppy and rainy.

TREVELLY
25-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Love your work Carnster.

Happy birthday to the missus - happy wife = happy life

Good result for an uncomfortable but always welcome outing.

Thanks for posting mate

Oh and by the way - most people don't believe I caught the fish when I bring it in newspaper ;D

carnster
25-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Love your work Carnster.

Happy birthday to the missus - happy wife = happy life

Good result for an uncomfortable but always welcome outing.

Thanks for posting mate

Oh and by the way - most people don't believe I caught the fish when I bring it in newspaper ;D

Thanks Trev, I haven't posted the typical kitchen shot for a while so thought i would mix it up a bit.

seanwinter
26-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Hey Chris I was out there on frid morn as well I only got 1 spanish from 5 bites luck has not been on my side lately have got myself a yak as well so am looking forward to giving it a paddle across the reef for a fish/ spear regards sean

carnster
26-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Nice work on the spanish Sean. I saw you out there before i paddled in and was hoping you had some luck. I have been missing a lot also, especially on the bigger baits, sometimes they just don't stay on. Look forward to seeing you on the yak,what sort you got?

seanwinter
26-02-2012, 06:58 PM
got a double alona from grays online, nice and stable but a little heavy still it goes ok and has plenty of rod holders. I was fishing livies and dont know how they kept missing the hooks ,3 of the livies came back in pieces badly mauled i wonder if they sence the hook or the wire and spit them out?? any how that is why they call it fishing and not catching, I just want some clean water so i can go for a dive!!

deepfried
26-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Nice work chris. Hopefully they turn up down here very soon. Yeh what you said about big baits is spot on. Big baits = more missed hookups but also more hits. If you could get chopper tailor every day it would be nice. We had five today and every one was hit.

carnster
26-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Nice work chris. Hopefully they turn up down here very soon. Yeh what you said about big baits is spot on. Big baits = more missed hookups but also more hits. If you could get chopper tailor every day it would be nice. We had five today and every one was hit.

I have 4 tailor in the freezer ready to go; i have been saving them.
chris

capt
04-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Well it ceases to amaze me that with the amount of times me and the mates have been sharked in that area recently, and for that matter in years gone by, that none of you lot have copped a bang from the grey buggers.
Ski numbers have quadrupled in recent times, which adds to the amazement .
Good luck Boys !
cheers Jimmy