PDA

View Full Version : This RAIN!!!!!!!

fat-buoy
23-02-2012, 08:57 AM
OK so I sold my alloy cuddy cab back in the start of September due to the ride being a bit harsh on my dodgy back and the hunt was on for a suitable fibreglass job in my price range... about a month ago now I find a nice Signature 520C with a Suzuki 4 st 90 on the back for the right price...

Being on the Sunshine Coast I took the boat out in the Maroochy River a couple of times to make sure everything was working correctly and to make a few adjustments to the motor etc to make sure I was happy before going offshore...

But the bloody rain has not stopped!! last weekend I could have gone out and the conditions were all but perfect but I was watching Seabreeze and it looked like yesterday would be perfect also so I didn't go on the weekend.. Mistake #1

Since the perfect Sunday arvo the weather has steadily declined into constant rain squalls and now the entire next week looks to be rubbish also..

I just want to take my boat out and go fishing :-[ hahaha

Mother Nature ... what can I say? :-?

timddo
23-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Well Look at it this way. Everytime i have booked an RDO it's 20 knot winds and raining.
Xmas was the perfect example then the week of Australia day.

My solution for rainy days. A boat camper Cover. I will be attempting to make it myself. Cost is aroudn $360,

Coodgee
23-02-2012, 10:36 AM
I feel your pain. I got half way to the sunshine coast yesterday morning before getting the call at 4am not to bother coming any further as it was windy and squally. not much you can do but be patient I suppose.

GES
23-02-2012, 12:49 PM
This is the time of the year when we get most of our rain in Queensland. I haven't had my boat out for a while either for just that same reason. Guess we just have to accept it if we want to live in this part of the country.

GES

astro66
23-02-2012, 05:14 PM
lol i feel your pain...3 1/2 weeks away home for 4 days and its rained every day so far...staerday im heading out rain hail or shine

Humdinger
23-02-2012, 07:41 PM
when its raining the fish get under the boat to get out of it . ha ha .

Stik-ugly
23-02-2012, 09:49 PM
I went for a fish on Tuesday down at the Pin and was surprised at the amount of fresh that is still in the area. The fishing was very quite we only managed 4 Flatties the biggest a 55

fat-buoy
24-02-2012, 08:34 AM
lol i feel your pain...3 1/2 weeks away home for 4 days and its rained every day so far...staerday im heading out rain hail or shine
Don't know about the shine part of it but you might be spot on with the rain and hail haha... will be plenty of wind around on Saturday too :(

I used to have a friend who's motto was that "you catch more fish in adverse conditions" ... I think this was just his way of convincing himself to go fishing regardless of the conditions :)

If the fish are hiding from the rain under the boat the deckie could get ready with a cast net while you give the motor a quick blast and then drop the net right where you were sitting (aka right at the prop) ... guaranteed to get a feed every time!! ;)

astro66
24-02-2012, 10:14 AM
wish it was that easy

astro66
24-02-2012, 02:45 PM
looks like saterdays out now...called back early ....hope its not raining in moranbah o_O

PinHead
24-02-2012, 02:53 PM
just a typical Qld summer.

Lucky_Phill
24-02-2012, 04:45 PM
La Nina...............

She was predicted to rule our summer in about August last year. Not as severe as 2011, but none the less, a normal Queensland summer.

Enjoy the fact that when the good weather comes back, fishing will be red hot :)

LP

nigelr
24-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Yeah Phill, last of the three years I hope.
Where's Timiboy when we need him?

pescados
25-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Well you can always send some my way.
It's bone dry here in Adelaide.

Back In Black
25-02-2012, 04:20 PM
772987729977300Pescados,
You can have what we got last night in Noosa. 250mm & floods everywhere. Not great when you own a nursery. About 2000 plants are missing, a besser block retainer got taken out & I had road base delivered today as my entry into the business was washed away.
Tony

nigelr
25-02-2012, 04:42 PM
That sucks mate.
Hope you can recover quickly.

Back In Black
25-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Nothing a few grand & a few days labour can't fix. Its Qld & its summer, so you've got to expect it. Its annoying as we have spent many thousands over the years ( I've been on the same site for 30 years) & council let Energex put a pole in the middle of a major drain, & they backfilled around it, so it now floods over the road & straight into my flood defences, putting them under more pressure, & 250mm in 4 hours just pushed it over the edge.
Tony

Scalem
26-02-2012, 06:41 AM
You could go out and suffer the conditions like I seem to always get lately. And when i come back without a scale is it because I have lost my Mojo? I hope not! I think I'll save the fuel now, I have had a gut full of boating excursions, might get it dirty chasing prawns in the next few weeks.

Scalem

ThePinkPanther
26-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Mate, I reckon that since mid November last year, the general weather has been for none but the brave!

Damn winds almost every day without a break, blood# rain, storms never ending.

I haven't seriously put a line in the water since well before Xmas.

Missed the summer fishing so have to hope it is a good winter instead!

fat-buoy
26-02-2012, 09:15 PM
I decided not to brave the conditions and put a new sounder in the boat instead :)

here fishy fishy fishy haha

Pero
27-02-2012, 02:21 PM
love that Rain!. We are all cursing it now. In a months time we will all rejoice. Some great fishing coming!!!!!!!!!!

Scalem
27-02-2012, 03:33 PM
I decided not to brave the conditions and put a new sounder in the boat instead :)

here fishy fishy fishy haha

I could do that and put the sounder in demonstration mode. Might get us excited without even leaving the driveway!!

Scalem