PDA

View Full Version : interstate bag limits

Ryan the slayer
22-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Hi everyone currently siting around a fire at lake king william in tasmania only 1 34cm brown today hopfuly better luck tomorow does anyone knowe what the rules are for bringing fish from interstate can i take my tas bag limit of 20 trout home to nsw in my freezer leagaly or am i limited to nsw 5 trout it wouldnt be a problem but i want to spend a bit of time getting home and probly camp beside a few dams and creeks and want to take a few home to smoke up

timddo
22-02-2012, 08:02 PM
It's where the fish was caught. So yes

Blythy
22-02-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm not overly familar with NSW regs, but, the way I see it the possesion limit is 20 for trout from waters othere than spawning streams, general trout streams, or lure dams.

Lucky_Phill
22-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi everyone currently siting around a fire at lake king william in tasmania only 1 34cm brown today hopfuly better luck tomorow does anyone knowe what the rules are for bringing fish from interstate can i take my tas bag limit of 20 trout home to nsw in my freezer leagaly or am i limited to nsw 5 trout it wouldnt be a problem but i want to spend a bit of time getting home and probly camp beside a few dams and creeks and want to take a few home to smoke up

You posted this in the General Chat forum. If you check the thread at the top of this page you will see a thread entitled.

Australia's Recreational Fishing regulations. The link to Tassies rules are in there.

LP

Charlie
22-02-2012, 10:34 PM
The possession limit in NSW varies between two and twenty depending on the water and time of year, if you "adjacent" to a particular water then that waters limit applies, I'd imagine similar laws apply in Victoria as well. The only area regularly patrolled is Snowy mountains regions and you'd be definitely asking for trouble having twenty fish in your esky.