PDA

View Full Version : Boat Decision Made

troy
22-02-2012, 01:22 PM
I have decided i will wait for a 5.1 Noble to come up.
If anyone knows of one could you please let me know.
My budget is $36000.
Maybe i am not in the hunt with that figure but at my age that is all i want to spend.
Thanks
Troy

Apollo
22-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Think that is a good choice Troy based on what i have seen of Marty's (Capt Seaweed) bigger noble. Best of luck with the hunt.

Steve

troy
22-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Not many replies so i guess i am not in a very good position.
Troy

Si
22-02-2012, 07:44 PM
try cunningham marine, redcliffe. not too sure if they have exactly what you are after but i saw a few noble boats for sale.

jeep
22-02-2012, 07:48 PM
looking to sell my 5.5 formosa centre cab,115 opti merc,great condition for quite a few thousand less if interested.

Smithy
23-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Troy,

your PMs are full. Clean a few up!

troy
23-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Troy,

your PMs are full. Clean a few up!
Smithy,
Cleaned up .
Thanks
Troy

troy
23-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Smithy,
Cleaned up .
Thanks
Troy
Having trouble emptying my pms any advise or what i am doing wrong or which way do you start.
I hit on messages then delete then click on procede and still does not empty,
Troy

Blackened
23-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Having trouble emptying my pms any advise or what i am doing wrong or which way do you start.
I hit on messages then delete then click on procede and still does not empty,
Troy

Troy, you'll have to select which messages you'd like to delete, click on the little box on the far right next to each message so that it's selected, then press delete

Dave

troy
23-02-2012, 02:21 PM
try cunningham marine, redcliffe. not too sure if they have exactly what you are after but i saw a few noble boats for sale.
Si, they have one for $35699 but bare boat no seats just basic BMT then add on freight to Nth QLD and it goes well over what i want to spend.
Troy

troy
25-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Anyone have a rough idea of freight cost from WA to Nth Qld.
Thanks
Troy

krazyfisher
25-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Between 4000 & 8000 depending on size

troy
25-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Between 4000 & 8000 depending on size
Just received a quote from a dealer $3500 to Brisbane then add cost to Nth Qld at a guess $1500.
So $5000 for a 5 mtr boat so you were pretty close not knowing the size of the boat.
Troy

Jarrah Jack
25-02-2012, 08:20 AM
You could look at WA to Melb then onto QLD. I got a quote of 1k from Melb to Warana then pick it up from there yourself. I have the guys details, was recommended on another forum. He may know someone to do the WA Melb leg.

fisho8
25-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Troy you have more than likely checked out the classifieds but there is a 5.1 in there for 39 second hand with a 130hp yami send him a message the add says it is as new and it is up in townsville might be worth a closer look.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/classifieds.php?do=viewitem&itemid=593

FishHunter
25-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Troy Ocean Marine here in Mackay have some Nobles I will try and pop in on my home from work. Freight will be a tad cheaper from here if they have what you are looking for

troy
25-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Troy you have more than likely checked out the classifieds but there is a 5.1 in there for 39 second hand with a 130hp yami send him a message the add says it is as new and it is up in townsville might be worth a closer look.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/classifieds.php?do=viewitem&itemid=593
Mate,
I had a look at this one but after getting advice from 2 highly qualified members of Ausfish he has it over priced.
I would pay him $36000 which is higher then i was advised but he would not go that low and fair enough.
Troy

FishHunter
25-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Theres lots of boats in Mackay and lots of cashed up miners selling and upgrading all the time. It may be worthwhile getting the Mackay Pocket Trader if you can and keep an eye on whats for sale

troy
25-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Theres lots of boats in Mackay and lots of cashed up miners selling and upgrading all the time. It may be worthwhile getting the Mackay Pocket Trader if you can and keep an eye on whats for sale
There was a Noble in last Saturdays paper that Upstart tipped me off but i was to late.
Good buy with everything on it and tabs and had a 4 stroke and went for under $35000.
Not many come up so i missed out there.
Thanks FishHunter.
Troy

PinHead
25-02-2012, 05:13 PM
good stuff troy..now you just have to play the waiting game.

troy
26-02-2012, 10:05 AM
What would the cost be off buying and fitting Trim Tabs to this Boat as i have been told they are a must on a Noble.
Thanks
Troy

troy
26-02-2012, 02:58 PM
I Did a search on trim tabs but not knowing the size and could only find a price for the tabs only and not the switch.
A question on Noble Boats Warranty and it reads [ 3 years warranty from our Dealer sold for the first time.]
Does this mean the Warranty is not transferable.
Thanks
Troy

Matt76
26-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Yep as far as I am aware they will only warrant to the original buyer. I am not sure why that is.

Trim tabs arent a massive issue, they simply fix onto the transom and wire through to power and switch at console. Have never actually fitted a set myself though so don't quote me on how hard they are or aren't. I will probably put a set on my next boat but havent found the need on my current one. Occasionally in a following sea I have trimmed the motor right in to keep the nose down, if it needed anything more I just put an esky up the front. I think bigger boats tend to need them more though.

troy
26-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Yep as far as I am aware they will only warrant to the original buyer. I am not sure why that is.

Trim tabs arent a massive issue, they simply fix onto the transom and wire through to power and switch at console. Have never actually fitted a set myself though so don't quote me on how hard they are or aren't. I will probably put a set on my next boat but havent found the need on my current one. Occasionally in a following sea I have trimmed the motor right in to keep the nose down, if it needed anything more I just put an esky up the front. I think bigger boats tend to need them more though.
Matt that is the way i read it and a bit of a turn off on a year old boat.
Troy

Axl
26-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Matt that is the way i read it and a bit of a turn off on a year old boat.
Troy

Then buy a new one, no one would warranty a hull on its second sale.

Jarrah Jack
26-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Then buy a new one, no one would warranty a hull on its second sale.

Why.. I thought they did. HH's 7 years.

FishHunter
26-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Why does it have to be a Noble, why cant it be another manufacturer in the same price range? It would definitely make your life easier if you broadened your search.
I just had a quick look in the pocket trader and there are 8 boats in that size range both CC and Half cabs Ally and glass from 19k to 37k all well known manufacturers EG Haines, Cruise Craft, Mustang and Trailcraft

Send me a pm if you are interested and I will give you my phone number.

Axl
27-02-2012, 05:28 AM
Why.. I thought they did. HH's 7 years.

I am not sure why but it is my understanding they they dont. If you buy second hand boat and the motor is still under warranty that will carry over but as far as the hull goes I dont think it transfers.

Makes no sense of course if you buy a second hand car the warranty transfers!!!

troy
27-02-2012, 07:25 PM
I am not sure why but it is my understanding they they dont. If you buy second hand boat and the motor is still under warranty that will carry over but as far as the hull goes I dont think it transfers.

Makes no sense of course if you buy a second hand car the warranty transfers!!!
You have raised a interesting point on warranty on boats and will not dispute you but my last boat had a 10 year structual warranty and i cannot find whether it is passed on to the next buyer.
So maybe a Dealer can awnser this.
Troy

troy
06-03-2012, 07:07 PM
After searching all the sites i have found that it is near impossibale to find a Noble with the old shape and the new ones out i do not like.
So i had a good look at the Formosa Tomahawk centre console but am concerned that the console is a fair bit forward and seen posts commenting on this.
Any ideas on this as i cannot get a chance to get a test run as dealers are to far apart from where i live.
I cannot go glass as the boat will be exposed to being not under cover and close to the sea.
One member posted why i wanted a Noble well all i can say is during my search i have found out that they come out to be one of the best riding plate boat.
But now it is not a option so to the above question how will the formosa ride with the console being further forward.
If someone was asking me the same question my reply would be that the ride would be not as good.
I stand to be corrected and welcome any ones thoughts whether good or bad.
Troy