PDA

View Full Version : Big Mac Mooloolaba

randell
22-02-2012, 07:11 AM
Hi, saw this in the Sunshine Coast Daily this morning.
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2012/02/22/teacher-hauls-in-monster-mackerel-kev-visser/

There's a lot of steaks to put in the freezer...........
randell

Greg P
22-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Thats one big dog !!

Be feeding the cat some first before I went to town on it though :o:o

carnster
22-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Very nice fish for sure.

smclaren
22-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Crikey .. whats the record on Spanyairds ?

Horse
22-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Crikey .. whats the record on Spanyairds ?

I've seen pics of fish over 45kg.

I would be feeding some to the neighbours cat before inviting my mates over for a BBQ

BLOOEY
22-02-2012, 06:50 PM
What a cracking spanno, great effort landing that sucker! My mate will be spewing when i show him this,after spending most of the day trolling the area for f!@# all as he put it,haha. Ben

anythingfishy1
22-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Hi guys
My best at Lucinda was 49kg and 1.67m

carnster
22-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Hi guys
My best at Lucinda was 49kg and 1.67m
That is a very nice spanish but i reckon it would have been longer than 1.67m at that weight.

anythingfishy1
22-02-2012, 08:56 PM
No have not seen them much longer than that they just get a lot fatter around the girth especially around breeding time

carnster
23-02-2012, 09:41 AM
No have not seen them much longer than that they just get a lot fatter around the girth especially around breeding time
That fish would have to be so thick, my biggest was only 32kg at 1.66m and i thought it was pretty damn thick. Here's a pic in the big icey tek esky. I would love to see a pic of that beast of yours, not doubting you for a sec.

anythingfishy1
23-02-2012, 04:59 PM
I used to sell them to taiwan from up there This one just fitted in a 1000l fish bin My boxes were 1.8m we would average 100kg per box usually three fish used to fish all day and pack half the night lucky the season wasnt very long

fat-buoy
27-02-2012, 11:03 AM
When I saw that in the paper I thought that there is no way you eat it at that size... are they still edible when they start getting bigger? I thought that they may have ciguatera or the flesh dries out in the big ones?

Is that what the cat reference is for? if the cat doesn't eat it neither should you?

carnster
27-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Cats dont suffer form ciguetera apparently but i would def be trying only one piece first

waterbouy
27-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Went to the mackeral party on the w/e. There was no line up for the bathroom (unless it takes afew days to kick in???)! I had a couple of pces and guess what was in our lolly bags to take home. A great bloke and a nice gesture. I've never herd of fish off the Sunny coast been cig ridden, have you? Im not saying it cant happen, but i've grown up here and seems comfortably safe. He has reconstucted the jaws with wire, and look great (big). Also a scientist contacted him for the frame to determine the age. So Nothing has gone to waste. I can't wait to catch my first horse.

carnster
27-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Went to the mackeral party on the w/e. There was no line up for the bathroom (unless it takes afew days to kick in???)! I had a couple of pces and guess what was in our lolly bags to take home. A great bloke and a nice gesture. I've never herd of fish off the Sunny coast been cig ridden, have you? Im not saying it cant happen, but i've grown up here and seems comfortably safe. He has reconstucted the jaws with wire, and look great (big). Also a scientist contacted him for the frame to determine the age. So Nothing has gone to waste. I can't wait to catch my first horse.
Check out Spaniard kings past post on his nightmare experience with ciguetera on the Gold Coast. Rare but not pretty at all. I am sure the fish tasted beaut and obviously was cig free.