PDA

View Full Version : Powerpole ... who has one? Like it?

Linedropper
21-02-2012, 07:41 PM
This http://www.power-pole.com/

I am considering one for my 4.5 plate tinny to stop quickly in the current when drifting. I cast soft plastics for flatties regularly.

Anyone got one? Worth the money?

Tangles
21-02-2012, 07:42 PM
pm scott mitchell, i think he has one

cheers
Mike

TimD
21-02-2012, 07:57 PM
What Mike said :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

gaz066
21-02-2012, 08:28 PM
A good mate of mine has one on his Ranger ( Big_Ren ) and we have used it extensively , mostly flats fishing windy points at Mondy. They are quick , quiet and a dream if you are the deckie !! Only good to around 8' though.

If I fished there or similar locations often (8' or less) I would put one on my topender.

Parksy

Apollo
21-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Yeah, scott mitchell has one and seems to rate it well. A PM to him would be worth it. I have been on Ren's ranger with his powerpole. certainly makes shallow water fishing easy

burleygu
21-02-2012, 08:59 PM
would also be interested to hear more

Nathan Tuskes
21-02-2012, 09:22 PM
yeah like the guys have said only good for 8ft and only sand and mud, theshallow rocky reef like reddy and some of the bay islands it doesn't reallywork all to good and makes a bit of noise under water dragging on rocks theguys reckon...now minn kotas spot lock is what you want if chasing flattiesbecause they aren't so sensitive to noise under water like bream and Barra the turbulencecaused by the leccy’s prop doesn't worry them unless you’re about to makeflathead sashimi, and about the same price 1800+ for the power pole for a fullfit up..

TheSaint
22-02-2012, 03:45 PM
I thought it would be good have one until i got my minn kota ipilot & found i can spot lock hold & fish flats the same..