PDA

View Full Version : 1.4m yak spanish

carnster
21-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Paddled out this morn in the dark and as soon was i hit spot x my reel screamed. The fish peeled off 200m and broke the surface just like the fish that i have lost recently. This time the hooks held and i gaffed him green as 10mins later. Stoked as, i paddled straight back in and even landed a school mack on the way in. The pics don't really show the true chunkiness of the fish but the brag mat shot shows its length.

frankgrimes
21-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Your a freak Carnster!!! Update time for your avatar pic?

Awesome work.....hehe green spanish on a yak?!...guessing you either used the attitude adjuster, or towed him back to shore? ;)

Mick

TREVELLY
21-02-2012, 11:40 AM
They are getting bigger.

I reckon one day you will post - "spanish ate my yak!"

200m run would have lifted the heart rate.

Thanks for posting - great fish

nigelr
21-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Yeah it's got me too wondering how you deal with those teeth, especially a 'green' fish like that!
I can see the next thread now, 1.5m yak spanish lol!

cuzzamundi
21-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Absolute ball tearer, mate. Well done calming the brute down from a yak, too.

Cuzza

carnster
21-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Your a freak Carnster!!! Update time for your avatar pic?

Awesome work.....hehe green spanish on a yak?!...guessing you either used the attitude adjuster, or towed him back to shore? ;)

Mick

My avatar pic span is heaps bigger at 1.66m and 32kg but i might change it cause it is worth a lot more from a yak. No donger but did have a small gaff and some strong hands gripping the tail. Tail wrapped him and chucked his head in the bag.

FISHAWN
21-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Done well mate, good to see them around!

netmaker
21-02-2012, 08:35 PM
sensational carnster. absolutely sensational. have you considered getting a couple of 100/0 trebles and hanging them off your yak;);D?

TimD
21-02-2012, 09:29 PM
No donger

Nice Spanish carnster but we didn't need to know about the operation you had done in Thailand :P

p.s - Whats it like without a donger

cheers tim :)

carnster
21-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Nice Spanish carnster but we didn't need to know about the operation you had done in Thailand :P

p.s - Whats it like without a donger

cheers tim :)
LOL, I am not putting my donger anywhere near those teeth even if i run out of pillies, otherwise i would need an op in thailand.

TREVELLY
22-02-2012, 05:26 AM
My avatar pic with some strong hands gripping the donger and chucked his head in the bag.

No No, surely I am not reading that right!?? Now that if made into a movie would be shot in Thailand.

Title for a future catch "MACK ate my YAK"

Then of course with your yak set up like that guy had to catch the marlin - you can have a video - starts with music from JAWS - can only get better . . . . ;D

You catch heaps of spaniards - do you find it freezes okay? Don't reckon I will get that problem this season though having to freeze them - but one day :)

It's nice to get up early and get paid to exercise - you have a great life Carnster - all the best.

carnster
22-02-2012, 09:33 AM
No No, surely I am not reading that right!?? Now that if made into a movie would be shot in Thailand.

Title for a future catch "MACK ate my YAK"

Then of course with your yak set up like that guy had to catch the marlin - you can have a video - starts with music from JAWS - can only get better . . . . ;D

You catch heaps of spaniards - do you find it freezes okay? Don't reckon I will get that problem this season though having to freeze them - but one day :)

It's nice to get up early and get paid to exercise - you have a great life Carnster - all the best.

Yeah trev i reckon they freeze really well. I would gladly eat it 6 months later from the freezer and reckon it would be still better than any fish you buy from woolies or the like.

Nelster
22-02-2012, 02:52 PM
thats it mate to bad we didn't get that on sunday .. it might have been the one that got away lol

tsea
22-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Geez Chris...awesome fish for such a quick sesh....

When did you go to Thailand? HA!
Great talking.... things are lookin good.
cheers
TC

nathank
23-02-2012, 02:26 PM
nice work Chris.. im coming down one time soon and following you out in my tinny lol...