PDA

View Full Version : Quick day trip of di

Redhunter
19-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi ausfishos headed out yesterday for a solo trip it was 400am in the morning and i was just about to leave when my phone rang it was me mate reedy i told him he would have to be quick
and meet me at tincan ,got down there launch the boat and headed out to the bar condition were crap with a 20 knot southerly blowing and the bar was playing up a bit. Headed out to the tiepanstar wreck caught some cod and moved on seas were sloppy and reedy started spewing out the back he then climbed in the cabin and had a sleep i headed out nne slowly and came up to a mark were i had been getting some grassys bagged two nice ones around the 4.5 kilo mark and moved on hit many spots but things were slow.Moved another 30k north to some ground i had not fished before and sounded around for four hours but did not find anything that looked good.Moved back west to a very small ledge that i had found last trip this spot has good growth on it and plenty of bait seas were sloppy and we could not drift so i shot the pick out and came up on the mark first drop and bang up came a nice red around 7 to 8 kilo,next reedy was on to a big red that had him buckheld over the side about half way up the hooks pulled and that shut the reds down.We still caught some good reefies and filled up a 140l esky we ended up getting red,snapps, parrot ,perlys,golden spot wrasse, sweet lip, grassies,spangeld emperor, hussar,coronation trout,mosses perch ,mangrove jack,cobia and cod.
steve
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx113/bigreds1/red%20fish/060.jpg?t=1318030753 (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

rosco1974
19-02-2012, 04:20 PM
great day out mate and a good feed well done
cheers rosco

Bull
19-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the report and pics you got a very nice mixed bag there.
Cheers Bull

Lucky_Phill
19-02-2012, 04:43 PM
AS Bull says... a great mixed bag. Always good to see different coloured fish filling the esky. Nice size Moses and Hussar there too.,

Cheers

smclaren
19-02-2012, 05:18 PM
You'll be mowing that patch of grass for weeks now mate !

Great catch !

Spot82
19-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the report Steve, good effort in tough conditions!!! That coro trout is a good size as are the grassies! Pity about the big red, they certainly are good at finding a way of making it back home and not into the esky!

Thanks for the report :)

Anthony

outwide1
19-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Good feed you have there Steve.Greg was out there on the weekend,did you hear or see him?
I've still got the marlin bug at the moment but will be up there soon.
Cheers Mick.

XtremeBoony
19-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the report, toP effort with a quality haul of mixed Reefies.

Cheers from boony

Redhunter
19-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the report Steve, good effort in tough conditions!!! That coro trout is a good size as are the grassies! Pity about the big red, they certainly are good at finding a way of making it back home and not into the esky!

Thanks for the report :)

Anthony

Yeah anthony slop conditons on saterday was planned to do an overnighter but my mate was so crook he was even
sick on land for a hour after we got in ,not once did he complain,tough as nails.
steve

Redhunter
19-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Good feed you have there Steve.Greg was out there on the weekend,did you hear or see him?
I've still got the marlin bug at the moment but will be up there soon.
Cheers Mick.

Hi mick did not see or hear greg on the radio am sure he would have smashed some reds.
steve

Badone
19-02-2012, 10:01 PM
4.5kg Grassies?? Do they grow that big?

kock81
20-02-2012, 07:34 AM
heaps of meat there steve
being sick for an hour on shore is getting pretty crook not like some blokes who nearly skip up the boat ramp after you bring them back in cause you felt sorry for them.not being a smart kock but are you finnng some of you rq species red throat hussar look clipped might just be the photo though
question what pulls harder 4.5 kg red or 4.5kg grassy? is there much in it?
got some 2-3kg on sunday around 50cm they went off.
can't wait to get 4.5kg
better luck with the weather next time
KOCK

Redhunter
20-02-2012, 09:15 AM
4.5kg Grassies?? Do they grow that big?

Hi badone
mate got one not long back at 6kg seen one droped close to the boat that was huge.
steve

Redhunter
20-02-2012, 09:23 AM
heaps of meat there steve
being sick for an hour on shore is getting pretty crook not like some blokes who nearly skip up the boat ramp after you bring them back in cause you felt sorry for them.not being a smart kock but are you finnng some of you rq species red throat hussar look clipped might just be the photo though
question what pulls harder 4.5 kg red or 4.5kg grassy? is there much in it?
got some 2-3kg on sunday around 50cm they went off.
can't wait to get 4.5kg
better luck with the weather next time
KOCK

Hi knock81
me mate reedy started finning some at sea but i told him there was no need to rq them after he did a couple.
As for reds or grassys reds by a long shot best reef fish in the sea
steve

feral cat
21-02-2012, 07:20 PM
nice report and good catch again steve.good to see someones getting out....cheers justin.

Reefmaster
24-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Hi Steve,

Great mixed bag there mate. The weather certainly was ordinary. We stayed in close to DI sat and half a day sunday before heading wide as the weather was forecasted to come good. The wider we went and the more north we went the worse the wind and seas got. Sunday afternoon and night was a shocker and the current made the boat sit side on to the wind/sea all night which wasnt much fun. Oh the things we do to catch fish.

We found the fish biting well inclose to DI and pulled some trophy fish but the sharks are in plaque proportions at the moment. Outwide the fishing was slow but the conditions didn't help.

Regards,
Greg

Redhunter
27-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Hi Steve,

Great mixed bag there mate. The weather certainly was ordinary. We stayed in close to DI sat and half a day sunday before heading wide as the weather was forecasted to come good. The wider we went and the more north we went the worse the wind and seas got. Sunday afternoon and night was a shocker and the current made the boat sit side on to the wind/sea all night which wasnt much fun. Oh the things we do to catch fish.

We found the fish biting well inclose to DI and pulled some trophy fish but the sharks are in plaque proportions at the moment. Outwide the fishing was slow but the conditions didn't help.

Regards,
Greg

Hi greg
sounds like ya had a ruff, trip to.If you have time be great to hear a report.
Good to hear you got some trophy fish,be good footage for your dvd.
Give me a pm when you have finished making your dvd ,keen to buy one of you.
Ya can never stop learning.
steve

Reefmaster
02-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi greg
sounds like ya had a ruff, trip to.If you have time be great to hear a report.
Good to hear you got some trophy fish,be good footage for your dvd.
Give me a pm when you have finished making your dvd ,keen to buy one of you.
Ya can never stop learning.
steve

Hi Steve,

I will see how I go for time this weekend and try put a small report up from the last couple trips.

I have been lucky with the quality fish we have caught for the DVD in such a short period of time.

Filming is pretty much complete but now for the massive task of editing it all. Hopefully the first DVD will be available in a few months time.

Regards,
Greg