Hahahaha geee what fish species is that one Tim?...lol

Not sure mate, but it certainly loves Nuke Chook Sangas :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

Horse
18-02-2012, 09:46 PM
What were the conditions like?

Scalem
18-02-2012, 10:51 PM
We were one of only a few boats going across the bay. With following sea going across to Tangas it was OK, but greatful we were'nt headed straight into it. One weird pot hole dropped my boat so low into the next wave we copped a spray of water up the windscreen. The Yalta has never had that happen ever before, just one of those freaky waves, right time, right place, I got sucked into a pothole and the nose of the boat got buried. Got us both wet, so the rain squal that came over the top of us 30 mins later was actually a welcome wrinse of fresh water.:D Stuffed around inside the bay till about 9 when John Palermo told us conditions were not too bad, Tim called him up on ch 21. So we went out to hutchies, not before the 2 rod curse got me. Took a swim with the sharks to try untangle braid from around the prop shaft, but all was good.

Nobody was catching fish that we could see. Not even divers on hutchies were coming up with anything on spear guns. No trolling boats, but we gave that a try too. Donuts! Fed some of Roscos pillies to the hungry kindergarden for a while.. Tap Tap Tap, gone! Reel in again, re bait .. Tap Tap. Gone! Reel in and rebait. Tap Tap, another gone. Chicken dinner for Tim!!;D You forgot the left over pillies though Tim!! Still fresh if you want them!!

Scalem

PinHead
19-02-2012, 01:17 PM
is that Curly from the Three Stooges in that pic ????

rosco1974
19-02-2012, 01:39 PM
mate i,m having pillie sambo's for lunch,had a very ordinary day offshore today,went to square patch but every fish we did hook onto smashed by the grey suits on the way up.had 1 take a 10-12kg aj bout 1 foot from the side of the boat the bastard.would of been around 3.5mtr-4mtr...called in on the 33's on the way home current to strong and opposite to the wind drift.couldn't get a 2 ounce sinker half way to the bottom not alone in the strike zone.
cheers rosco
p.s guess we didnt get a donut as we brought home the leftover livies for bait next trip...plenty livies on the bait ground

thelump
20-02-2012, 12:30 PM
We were one of only a few boats going across the bay. With following sea going across to Tangas it was OK, but greatful we were'nt headed straight into it. One weird pot hole dropped my boat so low into the next wave we copped a spray of water up the windscreen. The Yalta has never had that happen ever before, just one of those freaky waves, right time, right place, I got sucked into a pothole and the nose of the boat got buried. Got us both wet, so the rain squal that came over the top of us 30 mins later was actually a welcome wrinse of fresh water.:D Stuffed around inside the bay till about 9 when John Palermo told us conditions were not too bad, Tim called him up on ch 21. So we went out to hutchies, not before the 2 rod curse got me. Took a swim with the sharks to try untangle braid from around the prop shaft, but all was good.

Nobody was catching fish that we could see. Not even divers on hutchies were coming up with anything on spear guns. No trolling boats, but we gave that a try too. Donuts! Fed some of Roscos pillies to the hungry kindergarden for a while.. Tap Tap Tap, gone! Reel in again, re bait .. Tap Tap. Gone! Reel in and rebait. Tap Tap, another gone. Chicken dinner for Tim!!;D You forgot the left over pillies though Tim!! Still fresh if you want them!!

Scalem

Thats no good on the fishing front Brian. On the upside you must be starting to drive that Yalta a bit harder now eh? I have had that happen to me at least 20 times. Once yesterday trying to negotiate pressure waves on the SPB. Luckily there was no sandwich in my mouth at the time.

Long Shot
20-02-2012, 01:58 PM
We fished on Saturday off Hutchies as well, plus roberts, brennan and smiths. We did manage a bag of Pearlies, some quality pigfish (pain in the butt to clean), a flathead and a gummy shark. Trolling brought us nothing, but it didn't really look fishy for the most part of the day.

Got a nice feed but had to work hard in the slop to achieve it.

timddo
20-02-2012, 02:10 PM
You guys did well.

I only managed 1 shark ( which i gave to my brother in law) and 16 sandies for a good 6 hours of fishing.
Looks like it's crab sandwiches for me today and tomorrow for lunch. Bugga hey