PDA

View Full Version : BARWON murphy's reef BANKS M&G.

Muddy Toes
18-02-2012, 08:01 PM
May I start this report by saying that I experienced no mechanical failures. My trailer towed like a dream, my outboard started first time every time and I made it back to the ramp unassisted. Amazing I know!!!
Arrived at Mooloolaba late arvo and spent the night in the car park catching up with familiar faces and meeting some new ones solving the world’s problems over a few quiet ales and convincing ourselves that the weather was on the improve and by morning it would be pretty good. I think the crowd was pretty well behaved and I think most guys were tucked up in their fart sacks by about midnight for a mighty 4 hours sleep.
Woke about 4:00 to be greeted with a stiff 15 knots in the car park but after towing the boat up all that way there was no way I wasn’t going to have a look outside so after the arrival of my sister and brother in law we headed out with Cruisey 1 only to be met with an honest 20knots out past Point Cartwright and a very messy swell coming from every direction.
Met up with Robtarr and crew out past the headland and the three boat made their way towards Murphy’s as we all agreed to suss out the weather before heading out any further. Well…..we never got past Murphy’s. On the first drift Cruisey1’s deckie suffered from a case of suspected seasickness….personally I think it was altitude sickness due to the amount of air they were getting on the way out and so were forced to head in leaving Rob and I out there.
We stayed out at Murphy’s for a few hours to claim 3 Pearlies (caught about a zillion just unders) and a Moses Perch. Sure enough after a while it shut down and after a few rain periods the call was made to head back in.
So in we headed for a bit of lunch and to rest our weary bones when Bull1 pulls up along side and lets us know he’s heading in.
Not too long after, the Outsider team come along side for a bit of a chat and a feed and the decision was made to pack up and head home as Fishfeeder had somehow managed to neglect organising nice weather for the M&G.Way to go Brett!!!!
Even though the amount of time we spent fishing was very limited I had a good time none the less so until next time I see you rowdy bunch again take care and do some bloody preventative maintenance will yous and don’t become a M&G statistic!!!

Lucky_Phill
18-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Jeez, Tim doesn't look the best ?? bad nights sleep ?

Better luck next time, but as you say, no boat issues, so all is good.

cheers phill

Muddy Toes
18-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Spewed twice, transom dump, profuse sweating and a bit of nap offshore will make you look like that, felt sorry for him so let him hold up the fish.
Ancient Mariner.......funny stuff!!

2IC
19-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Muddy toes,,those seas look a mess.you guys did well just to sux it up and head out.:) it does seem that preventative maintenance is the order of the day after Bull 1 re port and pics:( will make everybody look at there trailers.....good to see you all got out and back:)...cheers bill

Tangles
19-02-2012, 08:00 AM
nice report Anthony,

how is the baitmate working out?

Muddy Toes
19-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Fanbloodytastic Mike........best BBQ holder I've ever used, really strong, nice neat welds and the powdercoating is awesome.....couldn't chip it if I tried.

four_button_arnie
19-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Hey buddy! How is that gorgeous new motor treating you? Great report as well mate

Josh

Muddy Toes
19-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks Josh.....motor is lovely mate.
Where the hell have you been........world's longest honeymoon?

Sheik
19-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Nice work, top effort to get out there and get some pearlies in that

thelump
20-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Gee those conditions look atrocious mate. Good to see you get out and have a crack but also glad I gave it a miss. Sunday morning was beautiful;D;D;D:P

robtarr
20-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Thanks for posting a report Anthony - not what we'd all looked forward to but that's fishing and any opportunity to have a few laughs over a couple of beers is always welcome anyway. I've nothing further to add from our trip which was a bit of a non event fishing wise with the weather not playing by the rules.

Looks like you may have handed the mantle for boating mechanical issues over to Bull.....reckon he might have something to contribute to a trailer maintenance thread....

cheers Rob

Muddy Toes
20-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Yeah Macca....I think the you made the right decision but I flew out Sunday morning so I was left with no other choice but to do the desperate fish on Saturday.

thelump
20-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do Anthony. I reckon you may have had more fun than me mowing my lawn!

fishfeeder
20-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Mate good report, Its amazing how a picture doesn't really show the conditions...
I think Willy Weather got it close 6knots sounds about right !! LMAO

You know most cameras have a zoom feature so your deckie doesn't need to pull a muscle holding OUT the fish..

Cheers

tropicrows
20-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Spewed twice, transom dump, profuse sweating and a bit of nap offshore will make you look like that, felt sorry for him so let him hold up the fish.

I know how Tim felt been their one or twise myself. Kinda glad I stayed home on worked on the bathroom reno, however it would have been good to be up there and catch up with you old salts. Next time guys..:)

Muddy Toes
20-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Yeah that shot of Rob's boat looks like a Willy Weather 4 knotter.......
Bruce maybe I should have taken ole chunder guts to your house before we left so he could have helped you.That trip for him probably was worse than the best day at work!!