PDA

View Full Version : Sea Fox 226

madmackrel
16-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Hi all has any body had anything to do with the Sea Fox 226, any info would be great.
Cheers MM

rosco1974
16-02-2012, 07:13 PM
whats doing perry u thinking bout an upgrade.seen one of these when i was looking b4 i got the cat looked like a good bit of gear

Muddy Toes
16-02-2012, 07:17 PM
I think that's where it stops though rosco I looked at them before I got my sea pro and from what I read on thehulltruth wasn't overly good.they do look good though but apparently they ride like poo.

Si
16-02-2012, 07:18 PM
old sea foxes had some issues from what i have heard. I think they improved quality since then though.

Moonlighter
16-02-2012, 07:21 PM
From what I read on THT they are regarded as bottom tier boats, hardly anyone says good things about them.

Better off looking at Seaswirl, Mako, Polar brands which are more mid tier in the USA but would be better than any Australian top tier boats iMO.

Cheers

ML

madmackrel
16-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Yeah miss fishin out of a centre console, read a bit about them on the hull truth, and as mentioned apparently they have sorted a lot of the previous issues. But will definetly go for a run in one offshore before any decisions are made , thanks fellas
Cheers Perry

Moonlighter
16-02-2012, 07:30 PM
If looking for a cnetre console add McKee craft to the list, a smaller brand but top tier. Some good ones on THT for sale section at moment.

Cheers

ML

simonpp82
16-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Also look at Dusky, well priced no nonsense fishing boats. They build them "big" for they're size with rock solid 3 piece construction. The hull on my incoming 23' is 1" thick! Gets here in 10 days can't wait! Good luck mate there's alot to choose from..

Si
16-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Yeah miss fishin out of a centre console, read a bit about them on the hull truth, and as mentioned apparently they have sorted a lot of the previous issues. But will definetly go for a run in one offshore before any decisions are made , thanks fellas
Cheers Perry

Galeforce make 5.5 and 6.0 metre console boats. They are nice and are comparatively cheaper than the yank boats.

Apollo
16-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Galeforce make 5.5 and 6.0 metre console boats. They are nice and are comparatively cheaper than the yank boats.

Seriously? I agree that the Galey are a nice boat and ride well, but cheaper than the yank boats? I have a KeyWest on its way and it is way cheaper than any galey I have seen for sale here and considerably better equiped/optioned. The difference was not even fathomable.

WRT to sea foxes, I agree with the rest regarding how they are viewed in the US. Not favourable, so I crossed them quickly off my list. I suggest you ask the question on THT. You are bound to get a few replies.

Si
17-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Seriously? I agree that the Galey are a nice boat and ride well, but cheaper than the yank boats? I have a KeyWest on its way and it is way cheaper than any galey I have seen for sale here and considerably better equiped/optioned. The difference was not even fathomable.

WRT to sea foxes, I agree with the rest regarding how they are viewed in the US. Not favourable, so I crossed them quickly off my list. I suggest you ask the question on THT. You are bound to get a few replies.

yeah ok, just thought it would cost a fortune to get imported. might check some out then. how much are you paying if you dont mind me asking? imo most of the galeys for sale second hand are over priced when you compare how much they cost new straight from the fabricator without motors. For e.g a brand new 5.5m cc for $17,470 with trailer is not bad coin

Apollo
17-02-2012, 08:07 PM
yeah ok, just thought it would cost a fortune to get imported. might check some out then. how much are you paying if you dont mind me asking? imo most of the galeys for sale second hand are over priced when you compare how much they cost new straight from the fabricator without motors. For e.g a brand new 5.5m cc for $17,470 with trailer is not bad coin

I will send you a PM

fisho8
18-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Seaswirl FTW. Good solid fishing rig great on the water and look the goods to

Apollo
18-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Si , clear you PM box.

3rd degree
18-02-2012, 11:36 AM
hey appollo if you have some tips on importing can you please pm me?

Thanks
Jim

Apollo
18-02-2012, 12:19 PM
No worries

Apollo
18-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Si and Jim, I have posted a seperate thread called 'The US boat buying experience' to explain the process I have gone through and not derail this thread.

Steve