PDA

View Full Version : Seajay Discovery Sports V Nose

Rodman
15-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Does anyone own one of these boats
Is the 465 easily handled by one person( bad back and iffy shoulders)
at the boat ramp especially loading.
I am also interested in its handling.
Is the Seajay on par with the Hornet trophy of Quintrex?

ken

NAGG
15-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi Ken

It would be a big call for anyone to say that any V Nose punt is as good as a Hornet trophy....... simply a brilliant flat water boat.
Regardless of the manufacturer - get a well set up drive on trailer and there will be no issues

Chris

Rodman
18-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks for your advice

Ken

Giveitacrack
18-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Ken, the Quinnie may be a legendary flatwater hull but they are mass produced.The Seajays overall finish is far superior IMO.Fully welded side decks not stitch welded,better paint finish,laminated ply floors etc.These are made by a family business in Bundaberg.Ask the dealers to unscrew the floors in both to check out the difference in the quality of the structure.If there keen for a sale this should not be a drama.Good luck with your choice.

spelchek
20-02-2012, 08:59 PM
As good as a Hornet trophy is - it's a v-nose punt. I think it's a big call to say any v-nose punt is a whole lot different or better to another on the outside. I'm another very satisfied sea jay owner (4.4m escape sports) and would encourag you to check out their range of v-nose punts for all the reasons Giveitacrack points out. They're also happy to customise for any special requests you may have not included in the standard range. They have stood behind their product no-questions asked with a small paint finsh concern of mine on the side console around a year after purchase. Took the whole console out and completely resprayed it without me even asking for that 'big' of a fix.

oh - my 4.4 escape is a dream to put off and on the trailer. Solo loading/unloading was a big concern of mine when I ordered my escape. It;s so easy if I was to do it again, I'd go bigger for sure. The 4.65 you're considering will be a breeze.