PDA

View Full Version : Nearest public pontoon to powerhouse museum Brisbane river?

Triple
14-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Just asking if anyone can tell me where is the nearest public pontoon to drop people off at near the powerhouse? They are going to james st. Won't be tying up just drop n run.
Cheers.

Blackened
14-02-2012, 01:08 PM
G'day

Could you use the riverwalk? (no idea about it's fencing/barrier style but at least it'd be low enough)

Dave

Richo1
14-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Newstead house, is the closest on that side of the river, unfortunately it isn't walking distance. Best option is drop off at Mowbray park and they can get a city cat to Newfarm park.
Hope that helps.

Triple
14-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Cheers guys. Also found this - http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/facilities-recreation/sports-and-leisure/boating-canoeing/index.htm so they can cab it :) looks like being the "river city" means they want you to stay on the river.. I really thought they would have at least a few more drop off points along it for tourists and visitors to explore.The missus and friend needed a ride to james st and I want to take the boat for a run.. thought I could combine the two :'(

fisher28
14-02-2012, 03:48 PM
as you say ,for the river city its pretty poor.i guess maybe its insurance issues or something like that to blame for poor availability of pickup/propoff points.

Gon Fishun
14-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Why hasn't Can Do fixed this problem hmmmmmm.:-?

rando
20-02-2012, 12:42 PM
They don't want private commuter traffic on the river.It would have to be policed,and might create an impediment to city cat operations.... $$$ for the bcc.