PDA

View Full Version : Blue Marlin off Moreton today

bulldogs7
12-02-2012, 08:20 PM
out off Moreton today decided to put some lures out before heading in for a swim, seen some bait fish over near honeymoon bay so headed that way then bang,bang bang didnt believe it Marlin !!!!!!!fought it for around 40min brought in close a couple of time then when i thought it was tied snaped me off, only pictures i have are crap as my boy was too interested in watching the show!!!!next time i guess 76897

3rd degree
12-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Awesome Bulldogs, what depth was that?

cheers
Jim

Jerk n Wined
14-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Good work bulldog. Might be a small black.. hopefully.. Some may turn up yet finger crossed.

bulldogs7
14-02-2012, 09:34 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3279298264613

bulldogs7
14-02-2012, 09:39 PM
3rd degree mate no idea on depth sorry was to excited about the hook up!but i know its not that deep ,was 100m off the cape to the north heading back in so the wife and son could go for a swim at tanga's but i wanted one last trawl !!!!couldnt beleive it but i heard people have caught sailfish/marlin in this spot before

Awesome Bulldogs, what depth was that?

cheers
Jim

bulldogs7
14-02-2012, 09:42 PM
jerk

I'm sure it was blue it was 6-7ft length shame the son couldnt get a good pic stunning fish got it close to boat 3-4 times then when i thought it was worn out i got too keen to bring it in and busted off!!!
have you had any luck out there lately ???

Good work bulldog. Might be a small black.. hopefully.. Some may turn up yet finger crossed.

3rd degree
14-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Hey Bulldog,

I agree with JnW in that i think it was probably a black. Might have been a blue, but more than likely not in that depth.

I've heard of a few blacks showing up over the last week.

Cheers
Jim

Jerk n Wined
15-02-2012, 06:33 AM
Bulldog, There is alot of water between each black this season so far. Some have been lucky to be at the right place at the right time. I have only caught 1 this season and alot of hours has been put in with no result, may have to try new tactics.

bulldogs7
23-02-2012, 09:48 PM
hi Jerk

i was just lucky the wife and son had a gut full of bottom bashing and i was keen to get the lures out again ,could beleive my luck on a hard bodied lure at least i had eye witness otherwise it would have been the old yeh sure you did :)

Bulldog, There is alot of water between each black this season so far. Some have been lucky to be at the right place at the right time. I have only caught 1 this season and alot of hours has been put in with no result, may have to try new tactics.