PDA

View Full Version : great day with a couple pf pb's

rosco1974
12-02-2012, 03:39 PM
took my youngfella my workmate paul and his son joel for a snapp (squire) fish this morning,we left manly around 4.40 ad headed out to a pretty ordinary spb on the last of the going out tide,we hit my usual haunts and started to put a few in the esky ,now joel is a shocker for seasickness and i gave him a travelcalm b4 we left and this trip was his lucky day he got his pb snapp going 62 cm and didnt get seasick and his oldman got his pd as well going 56cm,was a bit of banter going on between these 2 all day but in the end we scraped together a great feed, total was 12 squiry snapps,i pearlie as usual and a nice moses perch,all caught on the humble pilly floatlining.joels snapp fell to half a pilly on a 1 ounce jighead.on the way home i pulled my pots out for 4 good muddies,give a couple away 1 to joel an another to my boss
got to love great weather.
cheers rosco

madmackrel
12-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Good work Rosco , nice day and a good feed.
Cheers Perry

braders83
12-02-2012, 03:45 PM
great report - nice feed all round.

Axl
12-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Well done mate you've got a nice feed there.

rosco1974
12-02-2012, 03:52 PM
must be getting old 2 days on the water and i am buggered.but i enjoyed every minute i was out there

Lucky_Phill
12-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Good work......... love those Moses.....

cheers LP

Captain Seaweed
12-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Great work Rosco looks like you had another great day out there!!! I took my 4 yr old for brekky at the ramnp as my mrs is about to have a kid any day now!!!! Nice feed love those muddies!!!

justinsmith
12-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Those Snapper have certainly hung around in numbers through summer - thats a good sign for winter..... nice work Ross!

netmaker
12-02-2012, 05:20 PM
well done mate, thats a top feed and those muddies look tasty as.
cheers

rosco1974
12-02-2012, 05:49 PM
yep got to love snapp fishing,great fun on light gear.but the muddies are a great way to boost the feed,cannot wait till winter,going to be great if the snapps are still here in numbers

TREVELLY
12-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Good to see you did well and gave the humble floating pillie the recognition it deserves - often forgotten with new methods - but ever reliable.

Also nice to hear everyone did well both with seasickness and fishing results.

Thanks for the report.

cobiaman
12-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Well done rosco, certainly did better than us today

Bull
12-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Well done again Rosco you keep producing the goods. It sure was a nice day out on the water today. it was the busiest I've seen Manly Ramps when we got back in this arvo.
I don't think I will need to do a report we didn't have the best day :-[ Cobiaman got his first Spanish Mac today though.
But it was good to get out on the water and give the boat a good run.
Man there were some Ausfishers out there today:)
Cheers bull

rosco1974
12-02-2012, 06:11 PM
come on bull give us a report even if you didn't get plenty,will give me something to read.lol....think u might need a trip on propulsion charters to get your mojo back
cheers rosco

NAGG
12-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Nothing like a day that goes well ........ well done

Chris

Bull
12-02-2012, 06:16 PM
I need something mate lol I would love a trip out on the big cat

rosco1974
12-02-2012, 06:30 PM
will tee it up soon brett.next few weeks if the weather is good

TimD
12-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Good to see you into the Squire again rosco and crew :thumbsup:

The biggest squire that took half a pilly on the jighead must of mistaken it for a plastic :P

cheers tim :)

Horse
12-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Another nice feed there Rossco. We stayed in closer looking for Macks but didn't boat one. We had our chances with around 1/2 dozen yakkas cropped but they atll missed the stinger. The Lump did well though on the Macks with a 3 species onboard
We ended up with a handfull of Mac Tuna and a lone YFT

rosco1974
12-02-2012, 06:52 PM
least you got a few fish neil.was that you i past just after the last red bouy in the rous this morning u where heading to the sandbank

rosco1974
12-02-2012, 06:55 PM
nah tim he had a plastic on b4 he changed to the half pilly,didn't even get a touch on the plastic....how was the glass of pink shine with the nuc chicken sambos for dinner last nite lol .u sure know how to jinx a boat mate
cheers rosco

Muddy Toes
12-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Looks like another good day there Rosco.....but lets face it we expect nothing less from you!!!
I was a late starter today and found it pretty hard going....can't complain about the weather though.

thelump
12-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Another nice feed there Rossco. We stayed in closer looking for Macks but didn't boat one. We had our chances with around 1/2 dozen yakkas cropped but they atll missed the stinger. The Lump did well though on the Macks with a 3 species onboard
We ended up with a handfull of Mac Tuna and a lone YFT

Yeah we ended up with 2 x Spanish 2 x Schoolies 1 x Spottie and a lone squire. Saw Rosco shooting past me at about Warp Factor 4 on the shingles just before the bar. Which was very ordinary. Nice day out though once you were across the bar. Good to see you get a nice feed Rosco.

rosco1974
12-02-2012, 07:57 PM
this coming weekend could be a bit different,never fished the barwon banks or the hards.might be out of my comfort zone...hope the weather gods play there part again and we get out and get onto afew...the snapps went of the chew around 9.30 we really struggled after that.
cheers rosco

Horse
12-02-2012, 09:27 PM
least you got a few fish neil.was that you i past just after the last red bouy in the rous this morning u where heading to the sandbank
Yes mate

I had to clear weed out of the live bait pump pickup. Easier to do there rather than offshore.

dayoo
13-02-2012, 05:11 PM
this coming weekend could be a bit different,never fished the barwon banks or the hards.might be out of my comfort zone...hope the weather gods play there part again and we get out and get onto afew...the snapps went of the chew around 9.30 we really struggled after that.
cheers rosco

Rosco,
Looks like I'll have to increase the price of my glow egg sinkers as they are attracting too many snapper;D
The boys cleaned up at the Hards last Saturday. Going over tonight for a feed of 4kg snapper::)

Cheers
Barry

rosco1974
13-02-2012, 06:04 PM
yeah barry they deffinatly work well...nice feed for dinner tonite then barry, tell ya what if i keep loosing your sinkers like we done yesterday i will be over again in a few weeks.think the youngfella lost 3. 1 bite off and the plug a couple of times.
cheers rosco

timddo
13-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Gees looks like I nay need to buy some egg sinkers too.

rosco1974
13-02-2012, 06:51 PM
yeah do it tim they work well....
macca,didn't think i was going that fast through the shingles on the way out think maybe 29 knots.....on the way in i opened it up to show joel how the cat rides in the slop of the shingles...if i was doing warp 4 on the way out i must of hit warp 7 on the way in 38knts .
cheers rosco

thelump
13-02-2012, 07:05 PM
yeah do it tim they work well....
macca,didn't think i was going that fast through the shingles on the way out think maybe 29 knots.....on the way in i opened it up to show joel how the cat rides in the slop of the shingles...if i was doing warp 4 on the way out i must of hit warp 7 on the way in 38knts .
cheers rosco

Yeah mate I am a bit of a snail at times just trying different speeds to find the sweet spot in the new motor. Think I was crawling at around 20knots when you went past but still faster than the Stabi behind me ;) There were a few good pressure waves for us on the way back in. Wish i could do 29knts let alone 38.:o

rosco1974
13-02-2012, 07:34 PM
i know what you mean mate in finding the sweet spot. the new motors i have seem to run really wellaround the 4500 rpm which gives approx 29 knts.the old motors sat well on 4000-4200 revs at the same speed...going to try another set of props to get a bit better mid range but might loose a bit of whole shot..