PDA

View Full Version : its on again

sid_fishes
10-02-2012, 07:12 AM
well gents , its that time again.... getting up early ...snag sanga,s, coffee and maybe a bargin or 3
yes thats right Victoria Point VMR are having their boaties market again..
when 25th March
where Victoria Point State School
time 5AM START

Ian

theoldlegend
10-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Sounds like I'd better start saving. There'll be something shiny there for sure. A TLD 20 or 25 would be nice.

TOL

PinHead
10-02-2012, 04:09 PM
thanks Ian..but I would have to leave home at 4am to beat that pair of tackle vultures there.

Mossy247
10-02-2012, 04:34 PM
thanks Ian..but I would have to leave home at 4am to beat that pair of tackle vultures there.
I will be going for sure, Oi pinhead shoot pm if you want a lift over. Going past your way... Cheers for the heads up

rayken1938
10-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Yes signs are up everywhere.
http://www.vmr.org.au/
Cheers
Ray

dayoo
05-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Sounds like I'd better start saving. There'll be something shiny there for sure. A TLD 20 or 25 would be nice.

TOL

I'll be there again with my jigs and sinkers as well Frank (the fishing machine) will be selling some of his collection of reels including new TLD20 AND 25's unopened in original boxes:o
He is a compulsive tackle junkie and I have convinced him that he does not need three each of his favourite reels.

The boys in the Power Boat Anglers club cleaned me out of all of my hotlips jigs last month and I am busy restocking so that I will have a good collection for the boaties market;D

Cheers
Barry

Tangles
06-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Barry,

Im ready for another assault,, keep some of those 12 balls aside for me and also a good strong bag, on the way out last time i had sinkers and hotlips going everywhere....is Frankie going to be there?

and if TOL offers to buy a reel, give me a ring first!

TOL what time are getting there?

theoldlegend
07-03-2012, 05:54 AM
Barry,

Im ready for another assault,, keep some of those 12 balls aside for me and also a good strong bag, on the way out last time i had sinkers and hotlips going [/B[B]]everywhere....is Frankie going to be there?

Mike, those shopping bags aren't designed to carry 40+ kilos of lead.

I'll probably get there between 6 and 6.30.

TOL

PinHead
07-03-2012, 06:03 AM
Mike..12 balls are a tad too big for bream fishing.

A general warning should be issued to the general public in attendance there..

WARNING: DO NOT GET IN THE WAY OF TOL AND AIGUTSO AS THEY STAMPEDE TO A STALL.
Personal injury or even worse could occur.

dayoo
07-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Barry,

Im ready for another assault,, keep some of those 12 balls aside for me and also a good strong bag, on the way out last time i had sinkers and hotlips going everywhere....is Frankie going to be there?

Yes mate Frankie, the Owners Of "Alexander" and Popgun 19 will be there.
We will have a large collection of good quality rods and reels to sell to pay for the Furuno 295 sounder that was just acquired for "Alexander".
I have plenty of 12 ball sinkers which are very popular at the moment. Good for getting the bait down to 70+metres in a current or throwing at boats that come too close;D
I have managed to acquire the last bulk supply of Owner 7/0 saltwater jig hooks with cutting point from the US (not available in Australia) and will have these hooks in jigheads as well as hotlips for the really big snapper and red emperor.;)

Cheers
Barry

Pero
09-03-2012, 04:44 PM
We all are indebted to the VMR .They do a great job.
They are volunteers, and rely on us people to help out and give our time where possible.
They must use a tonne of fuel keeping us boaties safe
on the waterways.I am pleased to say I was asked to donate a cast net to VMR and hope they sell all tickets
available. The net is a 3.7 metre chain cast net.
Top pocket only. just under 6kg. 15 metres of braided hand line.
Best quality Haverford monofilament netting, I have no problem selling these for $350.I wont be there as I want to be out prawning
When you purchase tickets you are buying for a good cause.
And if you end up winning its a small bonus. Be sure to buy a ticket and donate.
Help those that help us-VMR