PDA

View Full Version : Glen Lyon Dam help

halfmanhalffish
09-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Hi all ausfishers. Taking the family out to glen lyon dam weekend after this mainly for getaway with friends but will have some time for a fish as well. Never having fished this dam I was curious as to whether anyone had some hints or advice on the place? Is it known for large cod or numbers of smaller fish? I've heard it fishes well for yellowbelly also. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Scott:)

Feral
10-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Take your shrimp traps for bait, use the seagull principal to find the fish. Mor elikely to get a few yella's than get on to a cod, but you never know.

aussiebasser
10-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Have a talk to Brian Dare when you get there. You'll normally find him in the Kiosk. He'll give you some good advice.

killitfillit
10-02-2012, 08:49 PM
limestone caves, the waterfall, the tank stands, straights near the wall or head up the river until it looks like a river.
Big hardbodies trolled close to the boat.

halfmanhalffish
13-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the info guys. That will get me started. Not big on bait fishing but will take the shrimp traps and fish bait with the kids and fish lures the rest of the time. It will be nice to just get away for a few days! I'll ask around when I get there also. Again thanks for the help.

killitfillit
13-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Put your shrimp traps under the concrete bridges on the way in and by the time you get settled you will have some bait.
Cheese is the best bait and a bunch of wet weed keeps them alive better than water alone.

halfmanhalffish
14-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks K/F for the inside info. Sounds like you've got the place worked out. Cheese hey? Never tried it but will do that. Camembert or tasty cheese? Haha. Great of you to help out. Will let you know how we go! Cheers