PDA

View Full Version : KAP ( Katter's Australia Party ) policy.

Lucky_Phill
09-02-2012, 09:29 PM
KATTER’S AUSTRALIAN PARTY

3/138 Buchanan Road | PO Box 386 | Banyo Qld 4014 | P: 07 3267 7799 | F: 07 3267 0650 | E: myausparty@ausparty.org.au

1. The Queensland Fish and Wildlife Authority

The charter of the Queensland Fish and Wildlife Authority will be to promote and facilitate safe and sustainable fish and wildlife activities throughout the State. The Authority will:

 Re-establish and manage a licensed duck hunting season in the State.

 Establish a system of using licensed and accredited shooters to provide humane feral pest culling and control on government lands where it is safe and appropriate to do so. The overriding objective of the program will be to avoid the use of poisoning programs wherever possible and ensure government lands are not used to provide uncontrolled breeding areas for disease carrying feral pests. Active protection of native flora and fauna will be central to the program’s ethos.

 Support private organisations with objectives consistent with the Authority’s charter.

 Avoid government-funded culling or eradication programs if volunteer networks can be more cost effectively deployed.

 Support a wild venison industry.

 Support export of wild game products.

 Promote fish and wildlife tourism.

 Establish and promote “Net Free” or “Recreational Only” fishing areas around all large cities and towns on the coast, and smaller communities if desired.

 Manage tailor, Australian salmon and all trevally species as recreational-only fishing.

 Develop freshwater fisheries to a higher standard in order to grow regional tourism.

 Remove existing green zones where there is no evidence-based justification for their existence.

 Implement and promote a “one line one hook” fishing policy in remaining green zones and marine parks where there is no threat to biodiversity.

Initial staff recruiting for the newly created Authority will be sourced from existing Queensland public servants. This will provide new career opportunities for public servants with a genuine passion for fish and wildlife activities, whilst ensuring no additional wage burden for the people of Queensland.

Upon forming government, the KAP will undertake a survey of available Queensland government office space and a final decision will be made on the physical location of the authority based on relevant proximity to key stakeholders, proximity to managed resources, overall benefit to a particular community and the consideration of best value for the Queensland tax payer.

A legislative review team will be established to identify required amendments to existing Queensland legislation and changes to other departmental jurisdictions to ensure the free and effective functioning of the Authority.

LP

Lovey80
09-02-2012, 09:52 PM
^^^^^^ Right there is a fantastic reason for Katter to hold the balance of power over a minority government.

Mike Delisser
09-02-2012, 10:58 PM
KATTER’S AUSTRALIAN PARTY

 Implement and promote a “one line one hook” fishing policy in remaining green zones and marine parks where there is no threat to biodiversity.

LP

Glad to see Katter's mob are listening to anglers. That same piece of policy was also State LNP policy from 28 Feb 2009 right up until March 2011 when Campbel disolved all the LNP policies so he could start afresh. If the LNP drop "1 rod for rec anglers in green zones" from the new 2012 LNP policy (whenever that is released) it will be backwards step and a slap in the face for Qld anglers, plus a cause for celebration amongst the Greens.

28 Feb 2009, LNP letter to fishing tackle industry
The LNP will:1. Increase compensation to be paid to commercial fishers from $15M to $20M.
2. Keep all proposed zones in place while an LNP Government conducts a full independent scientific analysis of the basis of zonings.
3. Provide $3m for the study, to be completed within 12 months.
4. In the interim, limited fishing by recreational fishers would be authorised within zones on the following basis: a. Allow recreational fishing only with one line in ALL green zones. b. No change to the proposed two lines in ALL yellow zones.

goat boy
09-02-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm still not sure on Katter and his party, though everytime I hear him talk on fishing and outdoors related activities, it's like a breath of fresh, rational air. I'm starting to really like the idea of Katter holding the balance of power....

Jakers 69
10-02-2012, 12:20 AM
%€¥><#&@& politics,
What happend about good fishing and boating ,BBQ and beer info.

Sick of personel political ideas on ausfish, ..

Richo1
10-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Well don't read it if it has a political heading then jakers69, just bury you head in the sand and pretend life will get better if you don't bother to do anything about it!
This party holds a glimmer of hope for those who like to hunt, fish and enjoy the outdoors. Not sit in cafes sipping lattes, watching wildlife documentaries on tv and voting green!

Louis
10-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Katters got my vote.

Louis

Jakers 69
10-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Rest my case, out fishing tommorow morning.

BigE
10-02-2012, 08:03 PM
ALP will screw me ..... LNP will screw me ....... Bob will probably screw me after all he is a pollie ......... but at least after bob show me his lovin i'll still be able to go fishin without having to worry about 50 million rules some desk jockey thought up in his lunch break.

BigE

Shawn 66
11-02-2012, 03:01 AM
ALP will screw me ..... LNP will screw me ....... Bob will probably screw me after all he is a pollie ......... but at least after bob show me his lovin i'll still be able to go fishin without having to worry about 50 million rules some desk jockey thought up in his lunch break.

BigE
Bugger ya , I just spat me bloody coffee all over the laptop .
Shawn

Whitto
11-02-2012, 07:01 AM
You will do alot worse than Bob Katter alot worse......He hasn't lasted this long politically because of his Stetson or Akubra.....sensible head ware.....he is consistently re-elected in his seat.......he means what he says (No Bullshite)......his Father was the same......He's got my Vote.

TheRealAndy
11-02-2012, 08:00 AM
^^^^^^ Right there is a fantastic reason for Katter to hold the balance of power over a minority government.

"Right" being the correct word. A little to far to the right for me..

I do like some of his policies though.

PinHead
11-02-2012, 03:48 PM
I am still waiting for Bob to walk backwards from Burke.

Horse
11-02-2012, 10:25 PM
He has scored well with me von this policy. It is the remainder that will win my vote. Given the poor quality of both major parties at the moment I would not mind a hung parliment with Bob and a few independants supporting a LNP government

BigE
11-02-2012, 11:39 PM
KAP is the only party making any of the noises that i like to hear. then again pollies are big on promises at this time of year. I know I'll never vote labour again in my lifetime so that only leave the rest which is not much to choose from. as in my previous post at least Bob wants to let me go fishing and that dont sound to bad to me. was keen on LNP but policy seems to be turning to spin lately.

BigE

tunaticer
12-02-2012, 06:16 AM
After this election I think Bob will hold a substantial balance of power, but not hold office. The chances of him implementing any of his policies or concepts will be minimal but he may be able to squash the other parties bad policies with back room deals. I don't think I want a party to hold power akin to the current independent debarcle federally, I would rather him getting power and keeping clean to achieve results. A very big ask for someone who has a "radical" outlook and history in politics.
Seems to be anything that is good for the family, work or leisure is a radical concept these days. Thew big three parties is more about legislating to create new forms of income via taxes, fees, levies or licencing, none of which actually aids a person in his day to day life, or helps a business to survive or prosper.

hungry6
13-02-2012, 07:23 PM
I wonder if this scenario would happen. LNP win Govt. KAP is the opposition and Labour out on the pasture amongst the greens.
Be an interesting time ahead if this was the case.

Mike Delisser
13-02-2012, 08:35 PM
After this election I think Bob will hold a substantial balance of power, but not hold office. The chances of him implementing any of his policies or concepts will be minimal but he may be able to squash the other parties bad policies with back room deals. I don't think I want a party to hold power akin to the current independent debarcle federally, I would rather him getting power and keeping clean to achieve results. A very big ask for someone who has a "radical" outlook and history in politics.
Seems to be anything that is good for the family, work or leisure is a radical concept these days. Thew big three parties is more about legislating to create new forms of income via taxes, fees, levies or licencing, none of which actually aids a person in his day to day life, or helps a business to survive or prosper.

If either major party needs Katter's Aus Party to form a Gov it will be the best thing that ever happened to anglers, shooters, campers & 4x4 ect, don't know about other important issues though LOL.

I'll bet my last $ Katters mob win at least 1 seat............ Nanango is already in the bag.

frogfuzz
13-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Mike - on 4BC they had a Professor of Politics saying that KAP will win at least Mt Isa without a doubt. I hope he does hold the balance of power - and keeps Can Do in the traditional conservative camp rather than the trendy inner city Brisbane Green (given some of Can Do's Green spending as mayor am I correct to think Can Do is a bit Leftard?).

It would also be great to see Can Do eat some humble pie after categorically ruling out doing any deals with KAP (yet the Lib's do deals with the Greens all the time - look at the last Federal Election and some of the nutter Greens that got elected on the back of Lib preferences - and Wilkie). I also like KAP Coal Seam Gas approach towards the farmers.

Mike Delisser
19-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Katter's candidate in Nanango is Carl Rackamann, he's very popular up there and the LNP is not. They've had the Inependent Dorothy Pratt for the last couple of terms but she's retiring.

Camhawk88
19-02-2012, 12:15 PM
By the look of the polls KAP would need a shite load of seats to hold BOP. LNP look like romping it in so wont need anyone on side to pass anything through parliment. Pity.

Steeler
19-02-2012, 02:58 PM
" It would also be great to see Can Do eat some humble pie after categorically ruling out doing any deals with KAP (yet the Lib's do deals with the Greens all the time - look at the last Federal Election and some of the nutter Greens that got elected on the back of Lib preferences - and Wilkie)."

An inconvenient truth frog . They don't like to be reminded of those decisions tends to go right to the heart of there credibilty and the claims they quite often make to the contrary about there views on the Greens.

Go you mad katter and stick it up the 2 major egotistical parties. Makes you sick to the guts to see em running around paying more attention to there own well being than the people they prance pretending to represent.

PinHead
19-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Best to have a look at some of the backgrounds of the KAP candidates before giving them a vote..how about Aiden McLindon and Peter Pyke for example..hardly trustworhty of standing by their credentials.

Sheik
19-02-2012, 04:30 PM
No, exactly right in keeping an eye on. Big Carl is a straight up and down bloke... a long way striaght up and down, from what I've heard around the traps. I don't think BOP is any sort of chance, but you never know. Some of the others around the traps are real zeros. Mind you, I know personally some of the members from both LNP and Labor and they are members; real members. But of course there are good and bad in all parties.

Da-Jew-Man
19-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Pinhead is spot on.
Aiden is a serial political party turncoat.
Started out as National then went to Logan Council, then Liberal gets seat then leaves to form Qld party then when Katter comes up jumps on board.
Wonder where he will go next, Greens or another of his own parties.
We all have had a gutful of Bligh and want a change .
Also remember Katter is Federal Politics and not state.
Wish we could fast forward the next 5 weeks as it is going to get very dirty.

FNQCairns
21-02-2012, 05:09 PM
I will probably vote uncle Bob K state and fed, I also live in his electorate and have seen him talk in person a few times to crowds when not needing to put on the showman act for the cameras/hostile partys etc....this bloke is 5 steps ahead of any other pollie out there, listening to him when he has no need for the fire and brimstone persona one would swear they are listening to a very wise uncle who has been there and done that around the traps at every level and is not fooled by the popular inner city zealot ideology's and the frightened little person thoughts so much of the major party's rely upon to get elected these days.

i don't like his ethanol ideas...but in truth they are effectively no better or worse than what the other majors have done or will continue to do on this issue.

Living in his electorate I get to see a lot of him on TV and get to hear about lots that he actually does for the electorate without fanfare, his to the camera antics exist only because he knows that anyone who finds it easily to make fun of wouldn't be a vote of him anyway and it keeps his name out there in the countrys consciousness both hard left and right instead of back there somewhere ignored nationally...5 steps ahead of every polly he is imo and just as many ahead of the rusted on LAB and LIB sheeple yet they don't know it yet.

Very interested to find out what his preference deals are going to be all about, for a party that cannot be newer the numbers he will poll at the booth might make everyone sit up and take notice.

time will tell.

frogfuzz
27-02-2012, 01:49 PM
FNQ - I also hope he does well (I have been a rusted on LNP voter all my life). My bet is though, the ALP-Green / LNP will want to squash him quicksmart. Neither of the two monopoly coalitions want another 'One Nation' senario whereby they both lose 20-30% of their votes. So my bet is they will not hold back in destroying KAP.

It is good to see some good people running like Karl R, if Katter gets some good talent, hopefully the party will attract more talent and grow from there. Let's face it - it wouldn't be hard to "out talent" the current ALP-Watermelons or the LNP.

Pinhead - yes I can see why people think that about Aiden. But then look at Can Do's response to Mr Caldwell. On one hand according to Can -Do it's OK to have homosexual marraige, yet it's not OK to have hetrosexual sex (eg as in Caldwell's case?)?? Seems Can-Do also can't make his mind up as to where he stands on issues. Is he of the Right (hetro sex) or the Left (same sex)? If Can-Do is this confused over moral issues (who's business is Caldwell's private dealings anyway??), how confused will he be over Fishing Issues??? If Can Do is happy to dictate what a canditate can and can't do in his own private sex life, sheesh!!! - what will he do to the electorate?? As for the ALP-Watermelon's; well they will screw us all either way.

PinHead
27-02-2012, 02:42 PM
big difference FF..Mc Lindon was elected to represent a Party..he reneged on that. My belief is that if an elected Member does not want to stay as a representative of the Party he stood for and was elected under then quit the seat completely.
the other bloke is merely a candidate..not an elected Member. From 2010 until now McLinden has been an LNP member, Independent, Qld Party Member and now KAP member...only leaves the ALp and he will have them all.

frogfuzz
27-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Pinhead - I Agree re members changing parties / not sticking to their word - I have the poor fortune of living in Slippery Pete's electorate and would dearly love it if he was honourable (fat chance) and stepped down. At least the people in Aiden's electorate can get a chance to vote come March 24.

Lovey80
27-02-2012, 06:57 PM
See all this party crap is just that crap. IMO this party system is what's eating away at our country like a cancer. Time for a complete political revolution.

Tumbo59
27-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Personally I believe that the LNP will stab fisho's in the back just like they did to shooters!!

SUQ was present in the public gallery at parliament house to watch the vote on the Weapons Amendment Bill last Tuesday. We had earlier been in touch with one of the Independents and several other politicians. Both the Katter's Australian Party representatives in parliament came up to have a chat on a couple of occasions. All of those we were in contact with on the issue were asked about calling for a division when it came time for a vote and all agreed.
To explain, as a general rule, when a vote is taken in Parliament, it's by show of hands and it's so quick that nobody knows who voted for what. When a division is called, the vote is taken much more graphically. If the bill is presented by the government, those who wish to vote FOR the bill cross the floor to the government's side of the House. Those who wish to vote AGAINST the bill cross the floor to the opposition's side of the House. If there are 5 or more to vote against the bill, the names are recorded in Handsard. This is the process that occurred when the Weapons Act was originally voted in and when registration was voted for as well. On that occasion (1996), the only one who voted against the bill was Liz Cunningham.
Last Tuesday, there were six who voted against the bill: the Independents Liz Cunningham, Dorothy Pratt, Rob Messenger and Chris Foley and the two Katter's Australian Party members Aiden McLindon and Shane Knuth.
Whilst some of the opposition spoke during the debate, ALL of them crossed the floor to vote with the government - again! Only those six stood up for shooters.
Of the debate on the individual clauses that followed in the evening, there was only one item where a division was called again. This was on the penalty for theatrical ordance suppliers without a licence. Your local high school production could very well be in breach of this clause, if they use "replica" firearms in their production and they don't have a theatrical ordnance supplier with a licence to supply the replicas. Yes, really!
Remember the names of those who voted against this atrocious piece of legislation. They are the only ones we as shooters, can rely on to stand up for us. The rest of the parliament let us down. You can read the whole transcript of the debate in Handsard. Follow the link below and access the record for Tuesday 15th November.
http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/en/work-of-assembly/hansard (http://www.thewebconsole.com/process/link.php?lId=5261369&cId=2296313)
Happy reading!

After voting for the National Party since 1976 I no longer can distinguish the LNP from Labour or their green friends.

If you want to protect your rights to fish, camp, 4WD, shoot or most other outdoor activity, then there is only one choice that offers any chance of that..........http://www.ausparty.org.au/

Tangles
27-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Tumbo,

now thats a good first post on behalf of KAT...

PinHead
27-02-2012, 09:32 PM
hehe Mike..I wonder which candidate ????

Tangles
27-02-2012, 09:39 PM
enuff said

Tumbo59
27-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Just to clear the waters........ At this stage I have no affiliation with the Aus Party what so ever. I have not even met my local candidate(Peter Pyke) yet.

PinHead
27-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Just to clear the waters........ At this stage I have no affiliation with the Aus Party what so ever. I have not even met my local candidate(Peter Pyke) yet.

please tell me you would not vote for him.

Lovey80
27-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Please tell us that are not savvy with individual politicians why you would not vote for Pyke Pinhead?

PinHead
28-02-2012, 04:43 AM
do a search on him Chris..from memory..was an ALP member..then lost..started his own party..then Qld Party I think..now KAP..plus some other dramas tossed in the mix.
I am dubious about those that swap and change parties...would much rather have a candidate that has ideals they stick to, even if I don't agree with them but at least you know where they stand.

Tumbo59
28-02-2012, 06:35 AM
please tell me you would not vote for him.

You seem to be some sort of psyco analyst without knowing the facts so please tell me why I shouldn't vote for Peter Pyke?

While you are at it, please tell me which candidate's in my electorate that are likely to look after our interests better than Peter Pike?

Camhawk88
28-02-2012, 08:02 AM

"At this stage" hmm speaks volumes.

do a search on him Chris..from memory..was an ALP member..then lost..started his own party..then Qld Party I think..now KAP..plus some other dramas tossed in the mix.
I am dubious about those that swap and change parties...would much rather have a candidate that has ideals they stick to, even if I don't agree with them but at least you know where they stand.

Do a search, from memory- sounds like you are not entirely well versed Pinhead and if the worst he has done is cange parties- well hardly damning behaviour from a pollie. I know nothing about the man but just because he has changed parties does not mean his ideals have changed. It is pretty well agreed by most that the ideals of both majors have changed. So swaping parties may be a way to stay true to ones ideals as those of the party change.

Gazza
28-02-2012, 03:11 PM
PH , which part of the LNP fishing policy , beats KAP's ::)
Camhawk88.....I "say" hmm ;D

PinHead
28-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Personally I believe that the LNP will stab fisho's in the back just like they did to shooters!!

After voting for the National Party since 1976 I no longer can distinguish the LNP from Labour or their green friends.

If you want to protect your rights to fish, camp, 4WD, shoot or most other outdoor activity, then there is only one choice that offers any chance of that..........http://www.ausparty.org.au/

what is wrong with that amendment?

PinHead
28-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Camhawk..I reckon it is pretty obvious that Mr Pyke does not care what Party he represents..he is just looking for a job as a pollie.

Kevin Ferguson
28-02-2012, 06:09 PM

BigE

Bugger ya , I just spat me bloody coffee all over the laptop .
Shawn

And that there is funny and I don't care who you are.

Cheers Kevin

Triple
28-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Just heard that the electoral commission don't want to allow the name " Katters Australian Party" on the ballot papers but want it to be "The Australian Party" which is very similar to "The Australian labor Party". KAP are looking into the legal aspect of it now. Seems if people aren't careful thay may tick the wrong box >:(
http://www.ecq.qld.gov.au/elections/state/State2012/candidates.html

Make sure which box is which when you vote.

FNQCairns
04-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Yeah smacks to me, first they didn't want to allow the aus party because it was too close to the others and now that the brand has a footing as 'not so much of a micro party' they now want the Katter reference removed.......love living in an officially un-corrupt county...'officially' of coarse lol

kc
06-03-2012, 10:29 PM
I have, due to variuos reasons, been off this site for a while but nice to see here, what I am hearing everywhere I go. Some very positive comments about KAP that might not show yet in opinion pollls but will in the ballot box. Nobody gave Hanson a chance of winning a seat. Katter will win plenty, particularly if he gets the "Katter's Australia Party" on the ballot paper, and less if he doesn't. I have been on the "inside" for some months, and our local candidate is a star who may well win the seat of Whitsunday. The "beauty" with the party is that it will attract 2nd preferences for both sides. Any electorate which does not secure 50% outright for either of the big 2 is in danger of falling to KAP on preferences. I would love to see a significant 3rd force in politics. Even if they don't hold balance of power the winner will be forced, just be the threat of voter reaction, to accept some of their agenda. A balance of power would be the ideal. Bob has shown in the federal parliment that neither "side" has a monopoly on good policy and has voted both for and against the government, depending on the policy. Bob will announce a major and radical "fix tourism policy" in the next week or so, indicative that he is both listening and prepared to think outside the square. Clearly, there is, and has to be, more to life than just fishing but by any meassure, fishing/shooting/personal freedom issues have been under threat for years and he is the ONLY politician of note to both make a stand and have a chance of actually making a seriuos difference. Our little "The Fishing Party (Qld)" experiment made a point, but KAP can actually serve it up to the old 2 party system. Bob Katter is NOT Pauline Hanson. He is a political heavyweight with professional backing and media smarts. I can't wait for election night...."Can do" is losing some bark over his family business and any anti Labor leakage only has one place to go. Our local LNP candidate spent last weeks media cycle bagging the KAP candidate.....a good sign!

KC

Tangles
06-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Kc, a significant 3rd party would have candidates in all seats irrespective of their policies....aint one in Redlands, an electorate that includes a lot of Moreton Bay..

NAGG
07-03-2012, 05:26 AM
Just heard that the electoral commission don't want to allow the name " Katters Australian Party" on the ballot papers but want it to be "The Australian Party" which is very similar to "The Australian labor Party". KAP are looking into the legal aspect of it now. Seems if people aren't careful thay may tick the wrong box >:(
http://www.ecq.qld.gov.au/elections/state/State2012/candidates.html

Make sure which box is which when you vote.

It doesn't say too much about those who may vote for KAP ........ If you have to worry about the difference between the name "Katters Australian Party" or "The Australian Party " ...... If people dont take the time to know who they are voting for or care enough - so be it!!!!
There will be party members at the polling stations handing out flyers anyway ....... all with a photo of Bob Katters hat & smiling face on it .

Chris

Tumbo59
07-03-2012, 06:38 AM
It doesn't say too much about those who may vote for KAP ........ If you have to worry about the difference between the name "Katters Australian Party" or "The Australian Party " ...... If people dont take the time to know who they are voting for or care enough - so be it!!!!
There will be party members at the polling stations handing out flyers anyway ....... all with a photo of Bob Katters hat & smiling face on it

I am sure it would be the Labour Party in court if the Australia Party was above the Australian Labour Party on the ballot paper.

As for the fliers, well I am going to have to wear my reading glasses to make sure that I maake the right choice.

I am also sure that there will be some older voters who will have difficulty making the distinction unless this is resolved.

Kc, a significant 3rd party would have candidates in all seats irrespective of their policies....aint one in Redlands, an electorate that includes a lot of Moreton Bay..

Considering that the Aus Party has only been around for about 12 months, it is a fantastic effort to have 76 candidates up and running for this election. Given a little more time I am sure they would have had candidates running in all electorates.

kc
07-03-2012, 06:44 AM
It would be ideal to have candidates in every electorate but I am aware that the selection process was pretty intense and the party has not selected candidates just to "fill the numbers". One of Hanson's undoings was some of the idiots who ended up candidates. It's relatively easy for the major parties to get candidates as they all have a chance at winning, far more chance than a minor party. Anyone prepared to have a go, on a hiding to nothing, and stand on principles deserves support. The greens run just to get the election money with NO chance of winniing a seat. Katter is running and will win seats and has not just chased dollars by standing in every electorate. Once again, principles before politics.

As to voters knowing the difference between Katters party and the Australia party, Chris, with respect, you give the average voter too much credit. Most of them will never have even heard of "the australia party", but almost all of them will have heard and know of Bob Katter. If you think it will make no difference, I think you are dead wrong!

Regards

KC

FNQCairns
07-03-2012, 07:55 AM
"It doesn't say too much about those who may vote for KAP"

Yes katters electorate and the upper state proper has a large sum of non urban abroiginals the katter brand actually matters this time if they are to have a say, could be argued their first ever say in any state election ever all things considered.

NAGG
07-03-2012, 09:23 AM
As to voters knowing the difference between Katters party and the Australia party, Chris, with respect, you give the average voter too much credit. Most of them will never have even heard of "the australia party", but almost all of them will have heard and know of Bob Katter. If you think it will make no difference, I think you are dead wrong!

Regards

KC

Come on KC ....... the average voter (if they really care) will know the difference. ...... be it someone from the middle east , asia or regional Qld.
The ballot paper will not have a photo of Bob Katter on it :cowboy:- or anyone else , will it ? .... so if someone cannot read , it wont make a difference - will it ?
The mention of the aboriginal vote making a difference ..... and then being influenced by not having BK's name on the party amuses me ........ So the Qld Indigenous population have the political savvy to know what a difference Katter might make but yet are too illiterate to know the party and their name :-? ..... sorry that makes me chuckle! ........
The only thing that ever gives one party a (slight) advantage is the position on the ballot paper (donkey vote).

Chris

FNQCairns
07-03-2012, 09:55 AM
The mention of the aboriginal vote making a difference ..... and then being influenced by not having BK's name on the party amuses me ........ So the Qld Indigenous population have the political savvy to know what a difference Katter might make but yet are too illiterate to know the party and their name :-? ..... sorry that makes me chuckle! ........
The only thing that ever gives one party a (slight) advantage is the position on the ballot paper (donkey vote).

Chris

Trouble with your para above is it shows true ignorance of base reality...a provincial level of personal depth, best to respect these boundary's IMO because the risk of advertising ones self as nothing more than your own planet and satellite with all neon flashing arrows pointing at all times at back at yourself..sorry!, the aboriginal activists depicted on TV do not at any level reflect the ones living their life on land and being considered here.

anyway outside of the above grass roots on the ground wider understanding necessary the game is politics and politics is as politics does, any advantage is an advantage if believed to be....it doesn't care if....or often ever know the advantage made a difference,,,that's not the point...it's just part and parcel of the game and Katter is the master of this game bar none.

The KAP is going to amaze many, mostly only those that didn't care or bother to build a deeper knowledge of them about them already.... still I to cannot wait for this election...probably the first one ever i can truly bsay that about.

A take no common political drivel , strutting, loud and un-selloutable cat set amongst the painted pigeons..giddy up! :)

Shawn 66
07-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Oi Tumbo ,
I may have missed it , however , can you please tell us in which seat you are standing ?
Shawn

NAGG
07-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Trouble with your para above is it shows true ignorance of base reality...a provincial level of personal depth, best to respect these boundary's IMO because the risk of advertising ones self as nothing more than your own planet and satellite with all neon flashing arrows pointing at all times at back at yourself..sorry!, the aboriginal activists depicted on TV do not at any level reflect the ones living their life on land and being considered here.

anyway outside of the above grass roots on the ground wider understanding necessary the game is politics and politics is as politics does, any advantage is an advantage if believed to be....it doesn't care if....or often ever know the advantage made a difference,,,that's not the point...it's just part and parcel of the game and Katter is the master of this game bar none.

The KAP is going to amaze many, mostly only those that didn't care or bother to build a deeper knowledge of them about them already.... still I to cannot wait for this election...probably the first one ever i can truly bsay that about.

A take no common political drivel , strutting, loud and un-selloutable cat set amongst the painted pigeons..giddy up! :)

I am talking about the indigenous people living in rural communities ....... Seisa , Palm Is , Weipa etc etc - not the ones we see on TV .
Hell - Would they really know who Bob Katter was anyway - or even care ? . I wouldn't have a clue but I would doubt that it would make 1 iota of a difference to their vote ....... if they even choose to vote! whether it had Katters name or not (we can only guess !!)

Chris

Tumbo59
07-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Oi Tumbo ,
I may have missed it , however , can you please tell us in which seat you are standing ?
Shawn QUOTE]

Hi Shawn,,

Peter Pyke is running for the Aus Party in my electorate.

I have absolutely nothing to do with the Aus Party.

However, I did take the time and effort to thoroughly research eachy party and their candidate running in my electorate to see which one supported my interests best. Considering my interests are hunting, fishing, camping, boating and 4WDing it was no brainer at all to work out that the Aus party was by far the best choice for me.

I also researched thoroughly what each party offered the State and concluded:

ALP: On past record, dont piss on any of them to put them out when burning.

WaterMellons(Red on the inside, green on the outside): No fisho with half a brain would vote for them.

LNP: Once the election is over will carry on where Labour left off and shaft fisho's. Might be different if the old National party was still around but the current LNP will roll over us Fisho's just like they did to shooters.

[QUOTE]SUQ was present in the public gallery at parliament house to watch the vote on the Weapons Amendment Bill last Tuesday. We had earlier been in touch with one of the Independents and several other politicians. Both the Katter's Australian Party representatives in parliament came up to have a chat on a couple of occasions. All of those we were in contact with on the issue were asked about calling for a division when it came time for a vote and all agreed.
To explain, as a general rule, when a vote is taken in Parliament, it's by show of hands and it's so quick that nobody knows who voted for what. When a division is called, the vote is taken much more graphically. If the bill is presented by the government, those who wish to vote FOR the bill cross the floor to the government's side of the House. Those who wish to vote AGAINST the bill cross the floor to the opposition's side of the House. If there are 5 or more to vote against the bill, the names are recorded in Handsard. This is the process that occurred when the Weapons Act was originally voted in and when registration was voted for as well. On that occasion (1996), the only one who voted against the bill was Liz Cunningham.
Last Tuesday, there were six who voted against the bill: the Independents Liz Cunningham, Dorothy Pratt, Rob Messenger and Chris Foley and the two Katter's Australian Party members Aiden McLindon and Shane Knuth.
Whilst some of the opposition spoke during the debate, ALL of them crossed the floor to vote with the government - again! Only those six stood up for shooters.
Of the debate on the individual clauses that followed in the evening, there was only one item where a division was called again. This was on the penalty for theatrical ordance suppliers without a licence. Your local high school production could very well be in breach of this clause, if they use "replica" firearms in their production and they don't have a theatrical ordnance supplier with a licence to supply the replicas. Yes, really!
Remember the names of those who voted against this atrocious piece of legislation. They are the only ones we as shooters, can rely on to stand up for us. The rest of the parliament let us down. You can read the whole transcript of the debate in Handsard. Follow the link below and access the record for Tuesday 15th November.
http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/en/work-of-assembly/hansard (http://www.thewebconsole.com/process/link.php?lId=5261369&cId=2296313)
Happy reading!

Katters Aus Party: Well if we get enough members voted in to controll the balance of power it will, stop the introduction stupid unnecessar leglislation like from the ALP in the past, then perhaps the State of Queensland will have a big win for the first time in many years.

The important thing is to research, research and research, dont just vote for a candidate because or party because you have done so for years, or you like their coloured flyier etc.

Shawn 66
07-03-2012, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE]Oi Tumbo ,
Shawn QUOTE]

Hi Shawn,,

However, I did take the time and effort to thoroughly research eachy party and their candidate running in my electorate to see which one supported my interests best. Considering my interests are hunting, fishing, camping, boating and 4WDing it was no brainer at all to work out that the Aus party was by far the best choice for me.

WaterMellons(Red on the inside, green on the outside): No fisho with half a brain would vote for them.

LNP: Once the election is over will carry on where Labour left off and shaft fisho's. Might be different if the old National party was still around but the current LNP will roll over us Fisho's just like they did to shooters.

Katters Aus Party: Well if we get enough members voted in to controll the balance of power it will, stop the introduction stupid unnecessar leglislation like from the ALP in the past, then perhaps the State of Queensland will have a big win for the first time in many years.

The important thing is to research, research and research, dont just vote for a candidate because or party because you have done so for years, or you like their coloured flyier etc.
No problems mate , thanks for the clarification . I was somehow under the impression you were intending to run . Oh well would not be the first time I have been mistaken .
Shawn

Black_Rat
07-03-2012, 01:51 PM

Around a year ago to date (how time flies !) Mark Robinson along with the then LNP fisheries minister introduced a disallowance motion to parliment against Snapper Bans and snapper fees.

Every Labour Party member voted against the disallowance motion and to keep the Snapper bans in place, every LNP member supported the disallowance motion.

Liz and Shane from memory supported the disallowance motion as well, not sure where the others were.

I'd like to think the LNP had some influence in dropping the proposed $90 Snapper fee during this period.

Whilst I like Katters Fishing Policy for me the LNP have the runs on the board in opposition :) and I eagerly await to see if there mentality / vision for Rec fishing in QLD has changed in the last 12 months when they release the LNP Fishing Policy :-X

kc
07-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi Chris,

There are some pretty experienced heavy hitters in Katters corner who think it is vital to have the Katter brand on the ballot paper and they are going to as lot of trouble before the courts to try to get it there. With respect, I still think your position that it makes no difference is dead wrong and the majority of experienced political experts would not support your position.

I have manned enough polling booths and witnessed first hand how disconnected from politics a lot of people are. Without the Katter name on the ballot paper it will have a dramatic impact on their vote. They know it and are fighting tooth and nail to get the name on the ballot. I think this speaks for itself.

KC

Steeler
07-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Where the bloody hell have you been Timi, geez dead set missed ya.

Mike Delisser
07-03-2012, 03:58 PM
I just saw that too ;D

Black_Rat
07-03-2012, 04:07 PM
I am TimiBoy ! :o

PinHead
07-03-2012, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE]Oi Tumbo ,
Shawn QUOTE]

Hi Shawn,,

did you base your selection just on your recreational activities? Lot more to running the State that rec issues...but we are all entitled to our vote or not on election day.

Steeler
07-03-2012, 04:34 PM
No way, Timi is way to tough to need a alter ego.

He calls it how it is even when he is wrong ( which is most if the time ) ya still gotta love him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Tumbo59
07-03-2012, 05:11 PM
did you base your selection just on your recreational activities? Lot more to running the State that rec issues...but we are all entitled to our vote or not on election day.

Read the post Pinhead.

PinHead
07-03-2012, 05:18 PM
?However, I did take the time and effort to thoroughly research eachy party and their candidate running in my electorate to see which one supported my interests best. Considering my interests are hunting, fishing, camping, boating and 4WDing it was no brainer at all to work out that the Aus party was by far the best choice for me."

I did read it

Black_Rat
07-03-2012, 06:26 PM
No way, Timi is way too tough to need an alter ego.

He calls it how it is even when he is wrong ( which is most if the time ) ya still gotta love him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

TimiBoy pulls you up on your gramma error :P;D

Tumbo59
07-03-2012, 07:13 PM
There are a fair few out there who think that a vote for Katters party will split the conservative vote, well have a read here.

With every New Year, new challenges appear - 2012 will be no exception. One challenge that will have to be faced is the upcoming State election and its effect on the proposed changes to the Weapons Act.. We will attempt to keep you, our members, fully informed of the gyrations of the political scene.
As a step in that direction, we have some comments about an opinion that circulates every time a new political party or an independent appears on the scene. The opinion is that if two conservative candidates stand in an electorate the conservative vote will be split, resulting in a win for the current Government. On the surface, it sounds quite logical. However, the truth is that if those conservatives swapped preferences the conservative vote would be maximised. The only way that multiple conservatives will split the conservative vote is if either one of those Conservatives refuses to swap preferences and advocates a policy of 'Vote One' only. By voting one, the voter runs the risk of having no say whatsoever in the following rounds of counting. By allocating preferences, voters use the full power of their vote to influence the outcome of the election.
To maximise our chances of bringing in a government that will take on shooters' issues in a positive and reasonable way, we would suggest that members allocate all of their preferences and thus gain maximum value for the vote they cast.
For those interested the Katter Australia Part is holding their Inaugural KAP convention in Brisbane in February. Further information at https://www.ausparty.org.au/my-ausparty/events (http://www.thewebconsole.com/process/link.php?lId=6018221&cId=2296313)

So think very carefully what you do with your preferences when you vote.

PinHead
07-03-2012, 08:08 PM
afer reading the 21 core values of The Australian Party, I could never dream of voting for them. Way too socialist for my likings.

Tumbo59
07-03-2012, 08:34 PM
afer reading the 21 core values of The Australian Party, I could never dream of voting for them. Way too socialist for my likings.

So, please fill us in Pinhead, who will you be voting for, next state election?

Seems like the current NSW Liberal Govt is going real well, or are you voting Labour or worse for the WaterMellons?

PinHead
07-03-2012, 08:38 PM
So, please fill us in Pinhead, who will you be voting for, next state election?

Seems like the current NSW Liberal Govt is going real well, or are you voting Labour or worse for the WaterMellons?

I have made it quite clear on here previously..the quality of candidates standing in my electorate is appalling. I am not voting for any of them.

Lovey80
07-03-2012, 10:02 PM

4. Governments should develop and promote policies which maintain and advance a modern mixed economic system that will ensure economic growth, full employment, equitable distribution of income, rising living standards, prosperity, opportunity and equality of access to such opportunity for all Australians, to ensure:

This one had my eyes widen very quickly. Considering the KAP have blossomed from conservative roots, i found this quite alarming. Now one may say that one comment could mean anything but we know how politicians like to spin. Going on how modern Labor has become a spin machine, if the KAP won power at a federal level and only spun half as much, they could spin that one point into a mandate for turning Australia communist lol.

On a more serious note. Some family members were around on Sunday and it seemed that the majority of the gathering were intending on voting KAP. It urged me to send a letter to my area KAP representative (Glass House) to get a clear answer to the KAP ethanol policy. Of course I haven't received a reply yet.

Dear Peter,

In considering my vote for the upcoming QLD state election, I have been looking for an alternate vote in lieu of the main parties. In looking at the KAP website I noticed this policy: " AusParty's Roadmap for the Future includes maintaining the government’s support for Australia’s domestic ethanol industry and mandating the use of ethanol (as was successfully done in Brazil)."

Can you please confirm for me if the "mandate" as stated on the KAP website means that the KAP plans to make the use of Ethanol mandatory for all fuel in QLD? Will standard unleaded petrol still be freely available without extra taxes or pressure from a KAP led government?

Kindest Regards

Lovey80
07-03-2012, 10:21 PM
I forgot to add. I could never vote for the KAP just based on points 20 and 21 of their core policies alone.

I find it highly hypocritical of the party to play the libertarian hand on one point. Point 15 = Government interference in people's lives must finish at the family fence or property boundary. Legislation overriding all other laws must provide that intrusion and interference upon that household can only occur where human health and life is in serious and immediate jeopardy.

But three points later: Point 18 =Because it is in the economic and social interests of the community, laws in their enactment and application must support and uphold marriage. Marriage is the union of a man and a woman, ideally for life It is in the best interests of children that they are nurtured by their father and their mother and laws concerning children should be based on the best interests of children.

So when it suits them the role of government ends at the property boundary but if two women want to get married the government needs to tell them that they can't? This is what I can't stand about hypocrites in politics. You can't have your cake and eat it too if you want to have any intellectual integrity.

We all want a third major player in politics, but we can't get one with any consistent integrity to stay out of our lives on all fronts.

Mike Delisser
07-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Arn't both the LNP and Labor also mandating a level of ethanol that is imposible for fuel companies to reach without adding ethanol to standard / oct91 fuels? Would that also rule them out for you as well Lovey? I'm sure that's what I've read and I believe the Coalition Gov in NSW could be implementing that right now.
Cheers

Lovey80
08-03-2012, 12:51 AM
This is news to me Mike, but I am aware that NSW LNP have backed down over the Ethanol mandate. A search of the QLD LNP site shows no hits at all for the word Ethanol.

Tumbo59
08-03-2012, 06:26 AM
I have made it quite clear on here previously..the quality of candidates standing in my electorate is appalling. I am not voting for any of them.

Hey Pinhead,

You seem to be an armchair mouth piece on politics yet not willing to back it up. What are you, a Troll?

but we are all entitled to our vote or not on election day.

Wrong. It is against the law not to vote!

preso
08-03-2012, 06:47 AM
Interesting read. A small point to remember is that we are all on this site due to our love of fishing, camping, 4 wheel driving etc. Not our interest in gay unions, immigration policy or CSG etc.
Vote accordingly.
Cheers Preso.

Chris Ryan
08-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Tumbo, just because someone said they are not voting for any of his candidates, doesn't mean they aren't voting mate. Every election, not matter what level of Government, the invalid/donkey vote is quite high. Those people voted, they just didn't fill in the form properly. ;)

NAGG
08-03-2012, 07:58 AM
Hey Pinhead,

You seem to be an armchair mouth piece on politics yet not willing to back it up. What are you, a Troll?

No ... it is not against the law not to vote ! - It's against the law not to turn up & get your name crossed off .......... after that you can do what you like with the ballot paper .

chris

Tumbo59
08-03-2012, 10:31 AM
No ... it is not against the law not to vote ! - It's against the law not to turn up & get your name crossed off .......... after that you can do what you like with the ballot paper .

chris

It is my understanding that donkey voting is ilegal, its just almost impossible to get caught.

Either way, Pinhead has stated that he is not voting so he has lost any right to be taken seriously here as far as I am concerned.

Black_Rat
08-03-2012, 10:50 AM
A little off topic however don't we have to go back to the polls a month later for local elections ?

Fafnir
08-03-2012, 12:16 PM
So when it suits them the role of government ends at the property boundary but if two women want to get married the government needs to tell them that they can't?

You're right, this is just wrong. If both women are hot then marriage should not only be allowed, it should be encouraged.

Fafnir
08-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Either way, Pinhead has stated that he is not voting so he has lost any right to be taken seriously here as far as I am concerned.

So if he can't find any candidate that he feels are worthy of his vote, he should still vote for one of them?

If he refuses to vote for people that he feels are not suitable for whatever reason then his comments and opinions should be ignored, they are no longer valid?

Interesting because I would have thought the opinions of someone completely disillusioned with his local candidates would be highly relevant. I also would have thought that if enough people in a particular electorate took a leaf out of the 'Don't vote for anyone' book, that eventually one or two politicians, seeing the potential to access the votes of these disgruntled voters, might actually take the time to find out why they aren't voting and then modify their policies or behaviour accordingly.

Gazza
08-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Look ...BACK-OFF....our beloved PinHead..... :P

He's re-located to Old Peoples Island , he probably won't remember who he voted for , even if he did :-*

PinHead
08-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Hey Pinhead,

so I disagree with you and I am a troll..amazing how people cannot debate without name calling..pathetic really.

I will turn up and get my name crossed off the roll and walk out.

PinHead
08-03-2012, 02:39 PM
haha Gazza..not there yet.

so tumbo you are going to vote for a bloke that changes parties at a whim..and for a party representing some very sociailst views...I wonder how you will react when Bob gets more people in the country and makes them move to live next to you...and forces Coles and Woolies to increase their prices which makes your cost of living higher..and makes you use E10...you get shot going into someones yard...etc etc..that is your prerorogative to vote for whatever candidate you want.

Can you please ask Bob when he is going to walk backwards from Bourke..have been waiting a long time for him to carry through on that one.

Good ol' elections..gotta love em.

PinHead
08-03-2012, 06:11 PM
]It is my understanding that donkey voting is ilegal[/B], its just almost impossible to get caught.

how can that possibly be illegal? You are usually required to fill in every square (except with the Qld tick one box routine)..a donkey vote is where you just start at the top and go down the list in numerical order..perfectly legal.

Oh. did you take me seriously? No one has ever done that..thank you for your brief seriousness of myself.

Tumbo59
08-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Oh. did you take me seriously? No one has ever done that..thank you for your brief seriousness of myself.

Ahhh!!! the confessions of a troll.

You are henceforth ignored.

PinHead
08-03-2012, 07:41 PM
ty...ignore away...I am now shattered..your fault..my ego may be damaged beyond repair.
Instead of being the new boy and criticising others you should try and do some things for others members of the site...that may make you feel good.

kc
08-03-2012, 08:12 PM
I see Bob lost the court case.....pity. It will cost him seriuos votes. One thing experience tells me is that even if you don't get "up" the percentage you poll. i.e. quantifying the disaffected and people prepared to change their vote as a consequence of specific policies, is a giant reality check for the majors. I remember posting here years ago....maybe 2006, (after pictures appeared in our papers of both Bush and Kerry having photo ops with the "good old boys" out hunting, guns in hand) that one day, the "fishing vote" would be so important, that both sides of the fence would have the obligitory "photo op" with fishos at every election. Low and behond the front page of the courier mail this week (was it Monday?)....Anna, in a tinny, with a fishing rod in hand. Can Do's "photo op" must still be to come. But mark my words....IT WILL!!

My personal opinion, if you want to really stir the pot. Vote one for KAP and then vote 2 for the candidate you would expect will form the government you and think will do the best job. It is a "Bob" (pun intended) each way. Most likely outcome.....an LNP Government....and a Government which will know Katters party pressed some seriuos buttons in the electorate....other outcome...a Katter party candidate gets up in your electorate...and then both sides know he is dead &#$& seriuos and they need to get with the program and understand why people are voting for a 3rd alternative.
I take a view that one of the big 2 will win and our vote, personally, isn't going to effect the outcome.....so why not use it to maximum effect as a fisho. A vote for KAP is the most obviuos opportunity to say....I've got the sh!ts with both sides and wish one of you bast$#s would listen. I'm part of the organisers of a big trailer boat ralley here on Saturday in respect of getting better boat ramps. We will have at least 100 boats in convoy, and after lots of lead up work the pollies are all over "us". Protests work, especially at election time. Katter will be at our ralley, along with ALP and LNP and Council. Your vote is the easiest protest you can ever be part of......don't waste the one chance you get in 4 years. We actually get a chance to protest...without having to give up work, grow dreadlocks and smoke pot =)

Go one, do something radical =)

Kev

STUIE63
08-03-2012, 08:19 PM
how to win friends and influence people should be required reading

PinHead
08-03-2012, 08:22 PM
3 years Kev..not 4.

holy crap..I wish I had enough hair to grow dreads...but kc..that growing hair and smoking dope is old..need a new rebellious issue.

how about t shirts printed with:

I HAD AN AFFAIR WITH ANNA
or
I RANG THE CAMP BELL
or
IF I MARRY BOB'S BROTHER WILL BOB ACCEPT ME AS HIS BROTHER IN LAW

Mike Delisser
08-03-2012, 10:24 PM
This is news to me Mike, but I am aware that NSW LNP have backed down over the Ethanol mandate. A search of the QLD LNP site shows no hits at all for the word Ethanol.

Smoke and mirrors from the NSW gov Lovey, yes Barry O'Farrell removed the banning of unleaded that was due to come in this July, but he didn't alter the mandated 6% ethanol across all fuels sold in NSW. He comes out as the good guy but motorists & boaties still loose unleaded because to reach the 6% target accross all fuel sales (inc desiel), fuel companies have to ditch std unleaded and force E10 on everyone. Also keeps Manildra happy (the monopoly ethanol supplier in Australia), they have donated big bucks to both Labor and the Coalition in NSW.
From "The Age" Jan 31 2012
Already the oil companies are accusing O'Farrell of sleight of hand in today's decision — they argue that enforcing the ethanol mandate will give them no option but to turn all regular unleaded into E10 in NSW to achieve the 6 per cent target of all fuel sold.
In other words, despite today's decision, regular unleaded fuel will still disappear from the bowser and those 750,000 motorists whose cars are incompatible with ethanol blends will be forced to pay more for premium fuel.

The fact that the word "Ethanol" doesn't appear at all on the LNP web site (same as Qld Labor) should be a clear indication nothing will change and it will be full steam ahead with E10 and phasing out Std unleaded after the election. Why else would the monopily supplier of ethanol donate $290.000 to the ALP and also $336,000 to the Coalition in 2010/11 (the last year reported to the AEC). It's not an issue for them as both parties are on the same page as far as ethanol is concerned and I'm sure they'd love it if we (public) just forgot all about. It will be interesting to see what they gave Katters Party when those donations are reported later in the year.

Steeler
08-03-2012, 10:45 PM
^ This. The only people Barry fooled with this slight of hand are those with little more than a passing interest.

Lovey80
09-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Interesting read. A small point to remember is that we are all on this site due to our love of fishing, camping, 4 wheel driving etc. Not our interest in gay unions, immigration policy or CSG etc.
Vote accordingly.
Cheers Preso.

Yes we are all on this site because of fishing etc. These are all (as you mention them) individual liberties/rights. But they are never ever "Rights" in Australia because we don't have a defined Bill of Rights in Australia and certain "rights" are only ever "implied" in the constitution. You can't fight for individual Liberty and do it half arsed. It has to be 100% individual Liberty or nothing. If you don't, your integrity goes out the window. So IMO a golden rule should be brought into politics..... Does this law or right that we are about to enact, impinge or impede anyone else's life/Liberty/freedom? If the answer is no, then no other group or individual should (even by weight of numbers in a vote) have the right to impinge on that.

KC, as a supporter of direct democracy (as opposed to the representative democracy we have now, even though I would be happy with a direct democracy still tied to the Monarchy) I am a little disappointed with the court decision. Having said that, i would hope that enough people are voting for Katter because they are so disgusted with the alternatives that they could distinguish (after the media that will follow the court decision) who is who in the Zoo! Having said that also, there are a few policies of KAP that are totally deplorable. What if enough people voted for them that they either won power and or held enough balance of power that they managed to get their idiotic Ethanol, distort markets, intrude into your bedroom, policies through to legislation???? These political C0cks take every bit of power they get as a mandate!

Mike, thanks for the filler..... I didn't dig any deeper into the NSW LNP back flip because it really doesn't effect me. Just because they even contemplated it put them into the "lesser of two evils" category for me because fundamentally NSW Labor needed to go for a good couple of decades. Please don't get me wrong, NSW LNP is not the be all and end all of political leadership for me.

FNQCairns
09-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Hi nagg way back there re the on land aboriginals...........I suspect that me living in the same fed elctorate I get to hear more of relevance + I have other closer means of obtaining said info (not from Katter or anyone affilaiated either) just within a certain industry anyway Katter is widely recognized ( if one minuses the urban aboriginal activists from the equation) as the only hope the true aboriginals have to be treated fairly...no one else on the face of australia fights for them and theirs in true unselfish regard but Katter...actually he astounds me in this because there are effectivly no good majority of votes in it....votes lost most probably if the media ran with it, yet he does and he actually represents for them what they want him to not what he wants them....astounding in this day and age such basic character from any politician.

anyway wider on katter it's all guff in a society as sophisticated as our is....without direct personal or emotional gain a politicians policy cannot exist...I like how Katter is the only one bucking this psychological type.

On fishing he follows he fishermans needs.
On basic lost freedoms he follows the peoples needs
On ethanol he follows the sugar growers needs
On farmers he follows the farmers needs
On aboriginals he follows the aboriginals needs
On AGW he follows the peoples needs
On environmental zealotry he follows the people's needs.
On the environment he follows the environments needs
etc
etc
The people actually always did know best as shocking as that sounds today.
Don't think there has been a politician at this level and with this depth of character for since around the second world war??

I dunno if I will vote for him federally yet but state I probably will do exactly what KC mentions above vote1 katter 2 LNP? 3etc whoever 'might' do the least damage if they see any power...this is the hardest bit imo.

kc
09-03-2012, 02:38 PM
& as an aside I talked to our Katter candidate today about ethanol. She was already very well versed, knew about the phase seperation issue and the water absorbtion and even knew about its corrosive properties in fibreglass fuel tank.....must say, pleasantly impressed.

She assures me KAP is reviewing its overall position on ethanol and will make a definative statement in respect of the need for the marine industry to have continued access to regular fuels. How they do this, I don't know and not up to me but suffice to say they are up to speed with it. I am sure we will get a typical no BS comment from Bob soon.

KC

kc
09-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I’m physic, there’s "Can do, right on cue", having the photo op today with the boaties =)

All because, a few short years ago, "we" made the fishing vote count.

Mike Delisser
09-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Hey KC,
do you remember what I told you 3 months ago about a preference deal....::)

kc
09-03-2012, 10:24 PM
remind me!! Something about ashgrove, or was it Beaudesert?

I forget....which is part of growing old and having too many balls up in the air at once.

KC

PS : An old guy walks into a bar and after a while fronts up to this good sort and says......so...tell me.....do I come here often =)

Mike Delisser
10-03-2012, 10:21 PM
remind me!! Something about ashgrove, or was it Beaudesert?

Before Xmas I told you there will be a deal between Katter's mob and Labor to preference each other in Beaudesert (McLindon) and Ashgrove (Jones), old mates from Qld youth parliament.

PinHead
11-03-2012, 06:04 AM
how to win friends and influence people should be required reading

I think he has read that..vote against the pokies legislation and the pokie kings throw money at ya.

FNQCairns
11-03-2012, 10:04 PM
We probably don't get the frequency of political adds as the SEQ feed lots do but anyone seen Katters Advert? :-X There might be others but I have only ran across one so far.

Saw also that John singleton has given Katter some good funds as has Packer and someone else rich and interesting forget who? pinhead possibly??:D

Steeler
11-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Good ol PH, second only to big Clive as the richest QLDer eh.

Mike Delisser
13-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Hey has anyone noticed all of Katter's advertisments and flyers are marked "authorised by Luke Shaw"....................yes that's him, the one and only.

kc
14-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Adverts are a bit of an "own goal" IMO. What was suppossed to be an attack on "Can Do" has ended up backfiring. Considering Katter has always maintained the gay issue was a "non event" it is strange he has gone with this campaign. I thought Labor was doing enough mud slinging at Newman for everyone and he would have benifited by staying out of the gutter. Oh well! It may have got the party plenty of airtime but I don't personally think it was smart politics.

As to "Luke Shaw"...he was "outed" in the courier mail 3 months ago as the "joh's jury" guy.....no news here.

Bob has certainly fired up the gay lobby....they were never going to vote for him anyway but they do have friends within the media and have come at the party like a pack of wolves. Be interesting to see how it plays out in the long run. "No such thing as bad publicity"?....hmmm! Not so sure.

I feel for our local candidate.......nice lady who has been a very hardworking and moderate voice during the campaign and has stayed well clear of attacking anyone and talking up the issues.

FNQCairns
14-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Gotta hand it to the bloke, the advert hit every mark the party wanted it to, from being able to defend it as solely an attack on the LNP/newman to the understanding that it was always as well an attack on the current wider political ideology of gay expectations....i just cannot bring myself to say 'rights' otherwise it opens up a massive further socially engineered arena of rights in human behaviors.....but hey i don't have a real voice anyway.

Dead right those that offered threats and abuse as a result of the advert would never have voted for Katter anyway...probably vote for the bobble head in the advert.

I do love to see such psychologically targeted advertisements...put the party in the face of a gross number of new now more probable voters and didn't loose a single one from those who got politically 'shocked'::).

A master stroke in party advertising.... a political leaf taken directly out of the greens and getup/environmentalist type lobbyists behavior....the harder left in general.

good enough for the goose.... good enough for the gander.

charleville
14-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Ain't this a great election with all of its twists and turns?

It started out to be a boring old affair but, now, every day throws up a new dilemma for someone.

kc
14-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Not so sure FNQ. I think it was a mistake...then again, as in life, nice guys come last.

I would hope, personally, that the gay issue was not a vote winner either way. We have far bigger fish to fry, particularly relating to economic and employment issues.

The greens are the party of the gay lobby...leave them too it and leave them marginalised. It is an important issue only to the 7% odd (no pun intended) of the population who are full on out of the closet.

I just don't think Katter should even go there, however, the cunning old bugger certainly got some airplay.

I think he should stick to his strenghts. Personal freedoms, re-regulation of some industry and banking systems and food security. Enough in those messages to reach a pretty big block of voters without "poofter bashing".

KC

Tumbo59
14-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Gotta hand it to the bloke, the advert hit every mark the party wanted it to, from being able to defend it as solely an attack on the LNP/newman to the understanding that it was always as well an attack on the current wider political ideology of gay expectations....i just cannot bring myself to say 'rights' otherwise it opens up a massive further socially engineered arena of rights in human behaviors.....but hey i don't have a real voice anyway.

Dead right those that offered threats and abuse as a result of the advert would never have voted for Katter anyway...probably vote for the bobble head in the advert.

I do love to see such psychologically targeted advertisements...put the party in the face of a gross number of new now more probable voters and didn't loose a single one from those who got politically 'shocked'::).

A master stroke in party advertising.... a political leaf taken directly out of the greens and getup/environmentalist type lobbyists behavior....the harder left in general.

good enough for the goose.... good enough for the gander.

Yeah, sounds like there is more to come, have a read here: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/state-election-2012/mclindon-warns-newman-theres-more-to-come-20120313-1uy70.html

kc
14-03-2012, 01:30 PM
More bloody attack adds. What is it with the state of politics these days? Newman is coming across more and more a decent guy by not fighting back in the gutter. Hope he has a thumping victory so as to show that being decent can work! The way he responded when Bligh admitted (Channel 10 news) she had no evidence of any wrong doing, just inuendo was a credit to him.

KC

Mike Delisser
14-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Gotta hand it to the bloke, the advert hit every mark the party wanted it to,

A master stroke in party advertising.... .

Spot on FNQ, Spend a 10 grand on a few controversial adds and get millions of $$$ worth of free advertising. Just like when they stuffed up the party's registed abbriviated name, they were never going to win the court case or the appeal, but they sure did get on every news bulletin and front page for a few days.

More bloody attack adds. What is it with the state of politics these days? Newman is coming across more and more a decent guy by not fighting back in the gutter. Hope he has a thumping victory so as to show that being decent can work! The way he responded when Bligh admitted (Channel 10 news) she had no evidence of any wrong doing, just inuendo was a credit to him.

KC

Do you know the CMC requested all the paper work on the $72,000 Campbell got from the developer over a week ago don't you. It came out earlier in the week they're already looking into it.
And if the adds weren't factual they couldn't show them, I'm not saying what Campbell did was illegal and neither does the adds, just that it happened, they were all in the news papers and the add quotes which papers and when. Also if they weren't factual the LNP would take out in injunction (which your decent guy did look into).

Mike Delisser
14-03-2012, 04:10 PM
It is an important issue only to the 7% odd (no pun intended) of the population who are full on out of the closet.

KC

I think at this stage every party would kill for another 7%

Tumbo59
14-03-2012, 06:56 PM
I think at this stage every party would kill for another 7%

I think there is probably going to be far more than 7% of the voting population out there that don't support gay marriage.

PinHead
14-03-2012, 07:02 PM
I think there is probably going to be far more than 7% of the voting population out there that don't support gay marriage.

do you think there are that many bigots around? pretty sad really.

Tumbo59
14-03-2012, 08:31 PM
do you think there are that many bigots around? pretty sad really.

Opinions are like arseholes , everyone has one, just like this forum;D.

Tangles
14-03-2012, 08:59 PM
well takes one to know one hey Tumbo as they say...

goat boy
14-03-2012, 09:53 PM
I think it has more to do with trying to get the religous/church vote. Don't underestimate the power (votes) or money that can be potentially gained from that. I don't agree with the advertisement, in fact, I'm pretty disappointed in the KAP for going through with it...but....
They got some serious media/gossip time from it, and the hardcore conservative types have got someone out in public declaring where they stand, right or wrong (don't underestimate it)!

Mike Delisser
14-03-2012, 10:00 PM

Of course, but that's not what KC said was it.

frogfuzz
15-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Seriously I don't know what all the fuss is about. The Gay Lobby and PC types tell us that two men getting together is "normal" - so why all the fuss about an add that shows two men doing "normal" things? It is only bringing out what Can Do believes - and how his Green leaning ideals are in conflict with his said 'conservative' ideals. So what will he be like when he gets into power? Will he please the left to hold Ashgrove? If so - kiss your fishing rights goodbye.

As for the allegation by some media types (eg Andrew Bolt) that it insinuates peadophilla because of the age gap between the men... well all I can say is what a load of rubbish. The add shows two adult men - two consenting adults. So the whole peadiphilla thing is rubbish and clutching at straws.Heck- close your eyes if you ever go for a walk along Noosa's A-Bay and similar type beaches; grown men of all ages don't even try to hide 'it' regardless of the age of the men (or multiples thereof) involved. Those who decry the age gap in this add - why haven't they jumped up and down at the age gap by many top Hollywood movie / pop stars? Are they also peadiphiles because some of them are 20 years older than their consenting adult partners? What a load of crock!

Yet if Katter puts an add on, showing what those who critize him over his gay views declare as 'normal' (that is two men being homo) - he is labeled a bigot, homophobie etc? Why? Because those with the labels have nothing of substance to argue the point - so they attack the man.

If being homo is so normal - then there is nothing offensive about the add. Far worse happens in broad daylight at Noosa A Bay - yet Katter uses far less of a "sexual" add to get his point about Can Do's inconsistency about his family values - and he is crucified. There is nothing "yuk" about the add - leftards tell us its "normal" and if you think otherwise you must be a "bigot" or a "phobe".

Where is the outcry when this 'normal' community have a public soft porn show every year in the Sydney Mardi Gra? Where is the outcry when this 'normal' community in that 'festival' mock Catholic nun's and Christians (why don't these cowards mock the Muslims for their views on Homosexuality? Or the budhists?) If you think Katter is a bigot because of his add - yet you are not offended by the sexuality or mocking of Sydney mardi gra (by these 'normal' people running around Sydney half naked who demand the same family rights as hetrosexuals) then I say you are being hypocritcial - with double standards. I remember channel surfing once and saw the mardi gra on televised on TV - bums and boobs hanging out everywhere - far worse than Katter's add - yet that's OK because it promotes homosexuality - whereas Katter condems it. How To Stifle Democracy and Free Speech : resort to labels and name calling. Yep - really intellectual.

Tumbo59
16-03-2012, 08:34 AM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8435068 (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8435068)

Fafnir
16-03-2012, 09:12 AM
and what Mr Katter called the unfair market dominance by Coles and Woolworths would be rebalanced.

Read the article Tumbo59. The quote above grabbed my interest. Does he indicate anywhere exactly how he's going to achieve this 'rebalance'? Would be interesting to see how he thinks that could be done.

Tumbo59
16-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Read the article Tumbo59. The quote above grabbed my interest. Does he indicate anywhere exactly how he's going to achieve this 'rebalance'? Would be interesting to see how he thinks that could be done.

http://www.ausparty.org.au/issues/fair-food.html

PinHead
16-03-2012, 08:40 PM
I can see it now..on the pA in Coles.."hurry shoppers..we have reached our bread sales of 20% , only 2% left and we have to stop selling..hurry to aisle 9 now".

I really do have to thank Bob for that one..he has really brought some comedy into the election campaign. But I guess Bob has been doing that for many years.

What a socialist attitude that is..dictating where people shop..Phill would be most distraught.

Tumbo59
17-03-2012, 10:13 AM
I can see it now..on the pA in Coles.."hurry shoppers..we have reached our bread sales of 20% , only 2% left and we have to stop selling..hurry to aisle 9 now".

I really do have to thank Bob for that one..he has really brought some comedy into the election campaign. But I guess Bob has been doing that for many years.

What a socialist attitude that is..dictating where people shop..Phill would be most distraught.

Hey pinhead, If you are ignorant enough to interpret this:
Any individual chain's share must not exceed 22%. This will restore competition, particularly encouraging owner operators and independent retailers. the way that you have then I guess you chose your member name on here very intelligently indeed.

FNQCairns
17-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Yesterday the Cairns chamber of commerce hosted a meet the political heavyweights here in Cairns, the KAP was invited to speak as was the other mainstream party's but not the Greens or the Queensland party?(is it?) they stood outside looking in lol

Not sure on the QP but hopefully this will be the way of the future for the greens splash in pan.

Katter now has CSG adverts on TV, largely a dead horse IMO but there will be good votes in it....the blokes a legend politically....and the media has not the guts to try and tear him down for being different ...yet.

Up here the KAPs candidates are getting equal or better airtime than any of the others....and the party is 6 months old! crazy stuff

MudRiverDan
17-03-2012, 04:37 PM
America needs our money and has large investments in Australia.

However I don't believe the industries they are involved in sympathise with the plight of Australian primary producers.

This is why Katter grabs attention.

Tumbo59
17-03-2012, 06:37 PM
http://www.ausparty.org.au/page/attachment/36/reconstructing-queensland

PinHead
18-03-2012, 06:35 AM
Hey pinhead, If you are ignorant enough to interpret this: the way that you have then I guess you chose your member name on here very intelligently indeed.

care to enlighten with how Bob proposes to achieve this in a capitalist system?

PinHead
18-03-2012, 06:36 AM
Yesterday the Cairns chamber of commerce hosted a meet the political heavyweights here in Cairns, the KAP was invited to speak as was the other mainstream party's but not the Greens or the Queensland party?(is it?) they stood outside looking in lol

Not sure on the QP but hopefully this will be the way of the future for the greens splash in pan.

Katter now has CSG adverts on TV, largely a dead horse IMO but there will be good votes in it....the blokes a legend politically....and the media has not the guts to try and tear him down for being different ...yet.

Up here the KAPs candidates are getting equal or better airtime than any of the others....and the party is 6 months old! crazy stuff

I wonder who originally gave miners the right to enter freehold property????

frogfuzz
18-03-2012, 07:12 AM

And Can Do dictates the sex life of his candidates - who they can and can't sleep with eg Gold Coast Candidate: it's "bad" because it was with multiple hetro partners at one time; my bet is that it would've been OK if it was (multiple?)Gay partners, as to say otherwise would see you labeled a "phobe" and bigot. As for the ALP and Greens they are intent on destroying familes and are one of the same. Did this man break any laws? If not - then why was he disendorsed? Is Can-Do, The Greens, and the ALP the new Orwellian Moral Thought Police?

Funny - Can-Do condems Katter for saying homo families are bad for society and that according to Can-Do; Katter has no right to tell adults whether to be hetro or homo; yet Can-Do thinks its OK to dictate to his MP's which adults they can or can't have sex with and how they are to have it. Considering both Can-Do and the ALP-Greens condemned the Gold Coast canditates antics - they are hypocrites to then label Katter "Homophobe" and "bigot" simply because his views on sexual lifestyle concerning adults differ to the Cafe Latte set that Can-Do, The ALP -Greens represent. Just one more example of city people in concrete jungles telling other people how to think.

Katter just says it's bad. Can-Do's actions say "do as I say in the bedroom or I will punish you" - prime example: the Gold Coast candidate. Or was it just a case of doing "whatever it takes" to win office??? In which case, how 'Green' leaning will Can Do be to save his own hide in Ashgrove??? Fair dinkim Pinhead - if you think you will hear a PA system in Coles / Wollies telling you when you've reached 22% ; will we hear the same from Can-Do when we buy a pack of "party hats" asking us what type of activities we intend on enguaging in whilst using them? :P

Big add in the CM yesterday basically saying "The ALP-Watermelons will protect the reef; vote for us" ; which translated from their double speak is "we'll screw your fishing rights". People are blind if they think Can Do won't bend to the Cafe Latte set in Ashgrove when it comes to our lifestyles. My bet is far less of the Cafe Latte set in the snobby western suburbs of Brisbane go fishing as much as those in the Moreton Bay - eastern suburbs. There is a reason the Greens do well in the neighbouring electorate to Ashgrove (Mt Cootha; the Green voters here have more dollars than cents or they work in "industries" that suck the taxpayer funded "green" teat).

Yes Pinhead - Katter's former LNP drafted the laws with Katter at the helm of that particular ministry. If you want a perfect canditate - then pray for the second coming of Christ. If Katter fought the laws back then; people would be saying today that Katter is "not a team player". Voting is always chosing the lesser of evils. Ultimately those laws you refer to were LNP laws and have been fully supported by the ALP (and thus the Greens in a defacto way). The ALP, Greens and LNP will keep, and have kept these very, very National Socialist laws in place when it comes to CSG. IF you have no property rights - you have no freedom. Just ask the Aboriginals.

If you haven't noticed Katter is no longer in the LNP for good reason. Neither LNP or ALP-Green Watermelons will repeal these laws. The Greens say they will, but that is an absolute joke seeing they support that other branch of their Party - the ALP, neither will they preference KAP on this very important CSG issue (I would have thought, when you purport to represent the environment, "The Greens", you would preference a party whose policies also have the same desire as you (eg repeal the laws); yet it seems destroying the family is more important than the environment to the Greens. In other words; the environment is just a front for their Communist views).

I'd say taking a farmers property forciably for the "greater good" of the State is VERY National Socialist. Bob is against this - and this this regard - property rights are at the heart of Capitalism and a free and democractic society. Am I saying KAP is the bastion of Capitalism? Not at all - KAP has some socialist polices and some Capitalist policies - just like the ALP- LNP.

But the LNP and ALP support these socialist laws (stealing a farmers property) LNP and ALP (supported by the GReens) want to keep the National Socialist mining laws in place. OH - and CSG will be a huge issue out SW QLD and I doubt too many farmers will fall for the Green's lies and hypocricy (eg just another branch of teh ALP). I will be very interested to see how they vote come next weekend.

FNQCairns
18-03-2012, 09:33 AM
I dunno, who did pinhead? is it relevant to today....very little in 'era' is anymore, the great barrier reef rezoning as an example, would have been quite a while ago enacted I suspect?, same as in other developed countries....use the riches or become a 3rd world economy understanding of times past and proved correct in history.

I don't invest in Australia underground resources because of the sovereign risk in such a fundamentalist in ideology driven society as driven by politicians pet interests.

Good post frogfuzz

Matt_Campbell
18-03-2012, 10:12 AM
I don't invest in Australia underground resources

Interesting. Where is your Superannuation?

FNQCairns
18-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Interesting. Where is your Superannuation?

In an SMSF as is my wife's and my mothers...anything less is an incompetent joke today.

PinHead
18-03-2012, 01:24 PM
I dunno, who did pinhead? is it relevant to today....very little in 'era' is anymore, the great barrier reef rezoning as an example, would have been quite a while ago enacted I suspect?, same as in other developed countries....use the riches or become a 3rd world economy understanding of times past and proved correct in history.

I don't invest in Australia underground resources because of the sovereign risk in such a fundamentalist in ideology driven society as driven by politicians pet interests.

Good post frogfuzz

Bob did........................

FNQCairns
18-03-2012, 06:48 PM
OK in the early 90s http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Katter

One would think the legislation would be older than that? All the way back to gold rush's etc, perhaps Qld (bob) added to it..somehow?

FNQCairns
24-03-2012, 02:36 PM
KAP looks set to get a few seats!! Thuwingowa (sp) in townsville might be a cert? from reading around the traps.

frogfuzz
24-03-2012, 03:01 PM
KAP looks set to get a few seats!! Thuwingowa (sp) in townsville might be a cert? from reading around the traps.

I hope so FNQ - but don't get too excited about it until it happens. Personally I hope KAP does win a few regional seats - might send a message to the LNP & ALP. I also hope Carl Rakemann gets in. It will be interesting to see how the LNP, ALP - Greens try to smeer him.

Speaking of smeering: I got told I was "excrement" by a "how to vote" ALP person today. As I approached these two clowns they insisted on shoving their properganda under my nose despite the fact I purposfully tried to avoid making eye contact with them (heck - it worked for ALL the other parties).

I wasn't in the mood and retorted to ALP Hack #1 "I'll eat my own excrement before voting for Anna and the ALP" (merely stating the honest truth);

to which ALP Hack #2 said (as I was walking away with my back to him, neither was my initial comment towards him) "You are excrement".

I turned around, walked up and asked him to repeat it to my face. He refused. I told him that he was a coward and a liar - just like Anna.

Yes, my initial comment was a tad crass and contraversial (guess I was just following Anna's lead with Campbell) - but apart from all the stuff ups this ALP gov't has done - which both me, my wife and my kids will be paying for in years to come; one of my biggest gripes is that the ALP has shut down access to my road and refused to build an overpass over the Bruce Hwy saying they have "no money" because of the floods (so much for the flood levy I had to pay as a "rich person" - what happened to that??). Yet they have money for the Cmwth Games (same price as an overpass), money for fat contracts to ALP spouses in the Public Service, money for a dam that never was, money for footy stadiums, money for computer payroll systems that don't work etc etc. Recently my young child had a major medical incident soon after they shut access down to my road. It meant a 40KM extra trip to an already distant hospital>:(. My child could have lost body parts as a result of the accident combined with the extra distance. My child was in extreme pain. They had to dope my child's little body out on morphine. Another local needed urgent medical attention recently and the consequences for this local also could have been dire.

The ALP hasn't given a s$%t about people where I live (and I bet if you are outside Brisbane your experiences are probably similar to mine). For instance they could have left the Hwy open to emergency vehicles only - but no - that would be common sense.

And then to have this ALP Hack refer to me as "excrement". Get stuffed I say! As it is I had to drive a round trip of 60+kms to vote - seen the price of petrol thanks to Anna and her ALP Hacks??? Or better yet - it's a six cyl car - rego due next week!>:( Save the planet from man made global warming - what a load of croc when they make everyone in my local area drive an extra 40KM per day on gazetted roads.

I should be able to express my opinion to these ALP Hacks at how disgusted I am with Anna and her pack of taxpayer teat sucking liars. But for them to turn around and say "You're excrement" simply because I refuse to share their political views - Well I won't cop that. If they said "You're comment is excrement" I would have ignored them and kept on walking. I'm entitled to free speech as are they. Personal insults however - are not free and if you are going to insult somebody - at least have the balls to do it to their face, and then face the consequences. IF the ALP is full of idiot bully's like ALP Hack #2; it's no wonder the Limp Wristed Greens are walking all over you.

The ALP seem to think we have to suck up whatever it is they lump on us cash cows. I'm sick of it. In fact I am sick of any politician who treats us with utter contempt.

PinHead
24-03-2012, 05:12 PM
"BOB Katter says his fledgling party is now a "huge, powerful machine", with last-minute polling indicating it could win five seats in the Queensland election. According to a Newspoll published today, Katter's Australian Party will receive nine per cent of the state's primary vote.
Mr Katter, who was handing out how-to-vote cards with his son and Mount Isa candidate Rob, said he was impressed (http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/national/katter-australia-party-is-now-a-huge-powerful-machine/story-e6frfku9-1226308941974#ixzz1q0JCnEB1) with the progress his party had made since it was formed less than a year ago."

don't get too excited Bob..Hansen's mob had 11 seats at one stage.

Homer_Jay
24-03-2012, 06:23 PM
The problem with Hanson was that she had too many people behind the scene pulling the strings.
She had some good ideas, just not the smarts to go with it, so she had to rely on the "string pullers"
I reckon Katter has been in the game long enough and has some smarts to go with it.

I think his party will do better that the "fishing party" ever did, and probably be around a lot longer than "one nation" ever was

We probably don't want them to ever hold power (no t the they ever will), but we do need someone to challenge the 2 useless majors!

Lovey80
24-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Carl Rackerman looks toast. I voted LNP against Anna in south Brisbane. It looks real close and would be hilarious If she lost. I would love to see Katter get more seats than ALP that's for sure.

Homer_Jay
24-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Labor loosing Ipswich
Bligh loosing her seat

Joanne Miller might be leader of the opposition at this rate!

Lovey80
24-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Looks like Katter will only get 1 or 2, the leader Mclindon got smoked by the LNP. Looks like Katter JNR will lead KAP QLD. Too early to call South Brisbane. Hard to see Anna loosing it.

Labor looks like it will need KAP and the independents to form a coalition just to be able to form an opposition.....

Best news out of all of this???????? EASILY that the greens look like they won't win a seat. GOLD!

tunaticer
24-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Best news out of all of this???????? EASILY that the greens look like they won't win a seat. GOLD!

Yes but it is still quite a lot of people that cast their votes for them when tallied up, they will reform and they will have a candidate at every seat come the next election. Where does the Green party get enough funds from to stand so many candidates every election in every state?? Sure must cost a packet to keep losing so much.

FNQCairns
24-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Astounding success for the KAP! multitudes of 20% ers and a handful of 30%ers. a couple of 40%ers? and 2 seats...3?

Watch out federal labor with the federal voting preferential system the KAP might hold just as many seats you do!

How sweet seriously is it to see that extremist loving zealot drum banging Queensland Labor party get squashed like a bug!;D

We told them at the time of the last election but they where to manic aggressive to listen:-[

Horse
24-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Yes but it is still quite a lot of people that cast their votes for them when tallied up, they will reform and they will have a candidate at every seat come the next election. Where does the Green party get enough funds from to stand so many candidates every election in every state?? Sure must cost a packet to keep losing so much.
They still got a fair few votes so they will get a nice funding package. They don't run elaborate campaigns and basically turn up on the day and grab votes in many cases

lampuki
24-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Just watched sky news.....the arrogance of Craig Emerson is astounding.

He stated there is no link between the qld election, and how queenslanders will vote federally. I agree there is a seperation of issues, however his argument that the same thing happened when we had libs federally and labor at state level is rubbish - this is a result the likes of which I have not seen before. Landslide does not describe this.

And with the introduction of the Australian Party, to combat the effect of the greens federally, i think Labor, federally are in for a rude shock! Thank God...i hope this is the end of the Green madness.

Homer_Jay
25-03-2012, 06:34 AM
Let's hope julia gets the sameb treatment!
Unfortunately it will be too late to get rid of the carbon tax though

tunaticer
25-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but was not Qld the last standing state Labor party in power?

frogfuzz
25-03-2012, 07:56 AM

WotIf.com recently gave the Greens a massive donation. In fact Bob Brown was against all donations from big business at one stage.....up until he received the biggest one off donantion in politcial history. Of course he went all quiet afterwards about corporate donantions to politics soon after. There was also some sort of contraversy about a logging mill in Tasmania soon after invloving the Greens and one of their corporate donors - but I didn't really follow it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-01-08/record-greens-donation-no-longer-a-wotif/1898404

Now when ever I have to book my staff accomodation - I refuse to use WotIf and I refuse to book any rooms my staff find on that site.

Start boycotting business that support the Greens.

PinHead
25-03-2012, 08:47 AM
don't get confused on that donation, it was not from wotif..it was from Graeme Wood as an individual. He has also donated to UQ for the building of their solar array institute.

FNQCairns
25-03-2012, 09:15 AM
The CIA too I believe :).......the green want for not much, plenty of organizations and simple individuals out there with the end aim to have us back living in caves Chairman Mao style.

frogfuzz
25-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Yes - but would he be able to give so much, if it were not for his involvement with Wotif?

PinHead
25-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Yes - but would he be able to give so much, if it were not for his involvement with Wotif?

understand the point FF..but would the unions be able to donate without members..would clive be able to donate without his businesses. How someone spends or donates their money is their business.
I don't think GW controls wotif as he sold many shares in it..and added to his personal wealth. Cripes..Clive does not like soccer yet he bought a soccer club..LOL

MudRiverDan
25-03-2012, 01:05 PM
All the Hicks coming out of the bush, banging their Jam tins and playing their Banjoes.. ;D

PinHead
25-03-2012, 01:12 PM
All the Hicks coming out of the bush, banging their Jam tins and playing their Banjoes.. ;D

funny thing is..most of the wealth of this State is generated from where those "hicks" live..perhaps you need to spend some time in the country to appreciate what it is like...I gues it is better than some places like Indooroopilly and Toowong and St Lucia..infested with Uni graduates that have little or no life skills or work experience..just professional students.

MudRiverDan
25-03-2012, 01:17 PM
funny thing is..most of the wealth of this State is generated from where those "hicks" live..perhaps you need to spend some time in the country to appreciate what it is like...I gues it is better than some places like Indooroopilly and Toowong and St Lucia..infested with Uni graduates that have little or no life skills or work experience..just professional students.

Yes Pinhead you are quite correct.. (Though I did live in the Country for 34 years).

I am just adding some humor to the discussion.

However you stereotypes are a bit off key, wealth of the state etc etc, not quite correct...

Dan

PinHead
25-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Yes Pinhead you are quite correct.. (Though I did live in the Country for 34 years).

I am just adding some humor to the discussion.

Dan

well..there are dentists in the city than can make you look like the rest of us..nothing wrong with your banjo playing either..don't mind that..ya just have to learn to keep the pig sounds down to low decibel levels.

PinHead
25-03-2012, 01:28 PM
it is all humurous MRD..politics these days is nothing but a laugh. There is not one "leader " amongst any of them in any party

MudRiverDan
25-03-2012, 01:32 PM
well..there are dentists in the city than can make you look like the rest of us..nothing wrong with your banjo playing either..don't mind that..ya just have to learn to keep the pig sounds down to low decibel levels.

Some would consider Katter a pig for some of his social policies.

Free forum mate or does Bob Katter own Ausfish now?

Dan

PinHead
25-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Some would consider Katter a pig for some of his social policies.

Free forum mate or does Bob Katter own Ausfish now?

Dan

Katter is not a pig..don't believe in labelling anyone like that in a serious note.

Not a free forum..at the pleasure of Mr Brown.

trymyluck
25-03-2012, 02:33 PM
katter is not a pig..don't believe in labelling anyone like that in a serious note.

Not a free forum..at the pleasure of mr brown.

what............bob brown owns us!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............