PDA

View Full Version : Quote on suppy & istall Aluminium fuel tank

gruntahunta
08-02-2012, 10:04 AM
I have just received a quote of $1980.00 to make and install an aluminium fuel tank in my 475 Quintrex Coast Runner. How does this amount sound to you guys?

I was told the quote applies to the largest tank he can fit...I know they come new with 95 Litre tanks, so this will be the minimum and I assume maybe up to about 120 Litres.

If you know where I can get another quote please let me know. I do want someone who knows what they are doing with both making and installing.

gruntahunta
08-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks Lucee81 ... Called Aluvan.....$480 fitted with sender and guage..... now that sounds a whole lot better.

frankgrimes
08-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Geezus! Thats a huge difference in price? Sure it's for similar product?

The Woo
08-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Dare I say we're not comparing apples with apples here?

Although, the original quote does seem a bit excessive.

I recently had two new tanks made for our boat @ 450L each. 3mm aluminium with fuel tanker spec paint outside, and commercial style inspection ports. A bit of cost was saved because I drafted the design and fitted them, but regardless, they're quite substantial. These tanks came to about $2,300.

I'm not trying to sway you either way, just giving you some perspective.

lucee81
08-02-2012, 12:17 PM
http://www.aluvan.com.au/
Take a look at their website, i dare say they know what they are doing.
also The Woo you state yours has tanker spec paint commercial style inspection ports. so this is not really apples with apples is it.
Anyway i have no financial interest with Aluvan had some work done with them, very happy with the work they did.

gruntahunta
08-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Same specs from both quotes. 3 mm marine grade aluminium...baffles, 2 breathers, sender and gauge, wiring installed.... no paint from either...Aluvan also knows the quintrex millenium hull as well where the original quote did not know anything about the boat!

The Woo
08-02-2012, 01:08 PM
It's a no brainer then, Aluvan is the winner.

theangryangler
09-02-2012, 12:42 PM
B2B alloy in redcliffe did me a 95 L tank installed with level sender wired up 2 breathers no paint $750 in a 5M brooker

Stuart
09-02-2012, 12:54 PM
I have just received a quote of $1980.00 to make and install an aluminium fuel tank in my 475 Quintrex Coast Runner. How does this amount sound to you guys?

I was told the quote applies to the largest tank he can fit...I know they come new with 95 Litre tanks, so this will be the minimum and I assume maybe up to about 120 Litres.

If you know where I can get another quote please let me know. I do want someone who knows what they are doing with both making and installing.

Does this guy need to pay the BMW off? Thats a joke mate,dont touch it for that price unless of course that includes 12 months of free fuel.

gruntahunta
09-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Ben from Aluvan is picking boat up on sat morn to install...hows that, even comes and gets boat from my house!

Thanks for advise guys.