PDA

View Full Version : Caloundra Water (and "no marco pollo" rule)

Chas & Clarry
04-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Popped up to Caloundra this morning to do a bit of business related to our possible move up there next year.

Took two photos, one is of the line of fresh water off Kings Beach...quite distinctive but only what we expected to see after the rain we have had (sorry not a great photo, it was much clearer to the naked eye). No one fishing it.

And another photo of a pool with a rule that I have never seen before ::) I laughed out loud when I saw it then was afraid that I might get in trouble fo rmaking too much noise :P

kind_cir
04-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Only in Clowntown 4551.

I had em put that sign up as it was scaring the Bream away, with all them kids shouting Marco,.. Pollo.

BillyT2382
04-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Wow mate sounds like you guys are going to love it up there...and you will be able to catch up with funchy hehehe hunt him down...lol good luck guys on the move when ya do...and don't forget your friends :P

Cheers
Billy

Jono_SS
04-02-2012, 05:03 PM
And another photo of a pool with a rule that I have never seen before ::) I laughed out loud when I saw it then was afraid that I might get in trouble fo rmaking too much noise :P

No worries about signs like that - you just play the slightly lesser known "Christopher Columbus"!

Matt_Campbell
04-02-2012, 05:45 PM
No worries about signs like that - you just play the slightly lesser known "Christopher Columbus"!

Didn't he direct Home Alone?

Chas & Clarry
04-02-2012, 06:29 PM

;D that is actually exactly what I thought at the time...

Funchy
04-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Wish I had one of them signs at my place in Manly when i had a pool. Four kids singing out marco polo for hours on end every bluddy day of the school holidays...... still, if thats the worst they get up to we dont have too much to worry about hey?

Chas & Clarry
04-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Wow mate sounds like you guys are going to love it up there...and you will be able to catch up with funchy hehehe hunt him down...lol good luck guys on the move when ya do...and don't forget your friends :P

Cheers
Billy

Thanks Billy...I think we know where to find Funchy pretty much any morning at 3.30am ;)

The big move is shaping up, but there are a few things that need to fall into place yet...it won't be happenning for about 12 - 18 months at best, but we cannot wait.

HeadBanger
05-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Better than a sign saying 'keep a close eye on your valuables'Cheers,Kaidon

pipifin
06-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Were you staying at Norfolk Pines at Moffat LOL pretty sure I have noticed it while walkin the dog (the real dog not casting lures).

Chas & Clarry
06-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Were you staying at Norfolk Pines at Moffat LOL pretty sure I have noticed it while walkin the dog (the real dog not casting lures).

We were just walking past after a coffee and breakfast but yep, it was at Moffats...not sure of the name of the motel.

lifestyle
07-02-2012, 05:42 PM
gotta be from a retirement village

TREVELLY
07-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Moffats is cool - very VW Combi orientated - just have to play beach boys whenever I drive through there.