PDA

View Full Version : Just like Poodle burgers?...PETA at it again

Crunchy
02-02-2012, 08:53 AM
::)http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/sea-world-stars-in-the-tank-and-on-the-menu-20120201-1qt4b.html (http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/sea-world-stars-in-the-tank-and-on-the-menu-20120201-1qt4b.html)

lucee81
02-02-2012, 09:13 AM
poodle burgers may not be okay but no doubt they sell hot dogs...
Couldnt help myslef.....

Lucas

Black_Rat
02-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Well she should be consistent then and ask for Fruit Loops to be taken off the super market shelves ;D

Oh the thought of eating her constituents ! ;D;D;D

justjack
02-02-2012, 09:15 AM
they should also ban the sale of fish near any beach, creeks, rivers, dam or lake just incase that species is local to the area. they should also cut fish and such out of the diets of the captive animals and make seaworld the first vegetarian feed aquarium.... dear me

Mossy247
02-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Man, if anyone knows seafood it would be sea world would it not? Wouldn't go to an Indian place expecting good fish and chips. Hahah

Crunchy
02-02-2012, 11:14 AM
If serving fish at Sea World makes her mad then she's going to be pretty upset bout this then....looks like poodle burgers are neccessarily imaginary

http://www.theage.com.au/environment/animals/police-raid-finds-dogs-goats-for-human-consumption-20120201-1qtgo.html

fishfeeder
02-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Its not even April Fools Day !!!
I have to say the fish and chips at Seaworld should be Red Emperor going by there prices...

As for the scum who sell dog or buy dog for consumption should all be taken on a one way boat ride to feed a few sharks and I don't care what nationality they are, there is ZERO need to eat dog is AUSTRALIA...

Boat Hog
02-02-2012, 12:31 PM
It's not like you get to pick out which fish you want cooked up for lunch is it?!

PinHead
02-02-2012, 05:47 PM
This Zoe hermans is a nutter..she states she is a vegetarian..well, to grow her veges landwas cleared. By clearing the land animals were displaced and some may have been killed..therefore to protect these animals I suggest she stop eating veges from cleared land.

I have more of a problem with animals being confined in small areas for human enjoyment than eating the things. Certain zoos come to mind on that front.

lucee81
02-02-2012, 06:58 PM
When you go to the rodeo there is steak burgers on offer.

goat boy
02-02-2012, 09:18 PM
they should also ban the sale of fish near any beach, creeks, rivers, dam or lake just incase that species is local to the area. they should also cut fish and such out of the diets of the captive animals and make seaworld the first vegetarian feed aquarium.... dear me
You should read some of the threads on the PETA forums about people making their pet dogs/cats vego.....farrrrrrrr out
But anyway, it was the usual brain-dead drivel from PETA, they don't make any normal people stand up and take notice, rather, statements like these just act as magnets for more loonies :D

MudRiverDan
02-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Who funds these people?

Mike Delisser
02-02-2012, 10:35 PM
The chick that wrote to PETA was on 4BC today and I can sort of see her point. She said she was only complaining about shark being on the menu at Sea World, not all sea food. Seems Sea World has an educational attraction called Shark Bay where visitors are told sharks are over fished and are endangered, but you can then go up to the Sea World kiosk and buy flake, it does sound a little hypocritical. I wish Sea World would explain more to their visitors about sustainable fisheries in stead their constant total conservation attitude, I'm glad some one pointed out Sea World is trying to "have their flake and eat it too"
As for PETA going on about all sea food well thats just their usual BS.
Cheers
MD

Apollo
03-02-2012, 04:23 AM

I have more of a problem with animals being confined in small areas for human enjoyment than eating the things. ...........

What Greg, like fish in home aquariums?;)

Chas & Clarry
03-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Perfectly happy to have them selling fish including flake. I'd only worry if they start selling polar bear burgers at Sea World...

Crunchy
03-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Like drinking a beer on brewerey tour, how do all the other beers feel seeing that?

pipifin
03-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Surely Polar Bears taste awesome....... like Panda, but more fishy and not as minty as koala..... koala is more what you have after your polar bear main.... everyone knows that.

samson
03-02-2012, 10:28 AM
They must still have a stock pile of flake from the last bunch of grey nurse they killed changing tanks, but then again Trevor long that runs the joint used to get great enjoyment out of sticking a power head into a grey nurse sharks he just dosent like it when someone else kills them.

albey
03-02-2012, 05:44 PM
I wish PETA would do something actually helpful,like join the fight against whaling or protest the Japanese Dolphin slaughter,or ,and heres a real challenge,complain about our own aboriginals cooking turtles alive,they might then gain a few brownie points from the general public,instead of grabbing the easy marks.OK so you wont eat anything with an arsehole,thats your choice,just remember carrots have feelings too,think about the pain youre inflicting on that poor vegetable when you sing your fangs into it-and dont get me started on celery

Crunchy
03-02-2012, 07:22 PM
We should start a "meatatarian" movement, we don't eat vegetables due to the cruelty inflicted on them.

pipifin
06-02-2012, 09:09 AM
But without the vegetable "culling", they may take over the country...... wait a minute..... :-? :-X

chris69
07-02-2012, 07:13 AM
I thought PETA meant .......people eating tasty animals......

lucee81
07-02-2012, 09:12 AM
It does but they really dont have a brain between them so they dont realise it..

garman1
07-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Eat a fillet from a noah now and again and be happy...........or eat a vegetarian and save a forest ?????

This lady voted with her purse and doesn't spend money on meat that's her decision................... then let people vote with their wallet and not buy flake at sea world if that is their choice. Children are so sheltered nowadays and really need be told/shown that they are in a food chain and to appreciate what nature provides.................go to sea world and enjoy the creatures in our universe but understand that there has to be a balance in nature and have some fish and chips if you want to or just have a salad, while we still have a choice.

frogfuzz
13-02-2012, 09:55 PM
As Pinhead points out - there is no such thing as a bloodless meal. Animals (eg feral pigs) are culled to protect the crops. Insects are "murdered" so that PETA types can feel self rightous that they haven't 'killed' anything to eat. Millions of bacteria die in our stomach every day so that we might live. Who are these animal snobs to say that a fish is more important than a single cell animal?

Next time you come across these types and you really want to annoy them - remind them that Hitler, one of the world's greatest mass murderers of all time - was a nut job vegan. Maybe a lack of meat starts to screw with your brain when you look at the PETA types along with Hitler (& Bob Brown??).

Not that I am an evolutionist - but I also like asking the PETA types (who generally do believe in evolution) to explain to me why have I spent millions of years evolving to the top of the food chain to now go back down to the bottom?

lampuki
16-02-2012, 10:21 PM
This green madness has to end. It would be funny if this organisation wasnt so well funded and influential, and didnt have our past time in their sights.

Please watch this, it will make you laugh, and give you an insight into the insanity that exist within this organisation.

http://vodpod.com/watch/16093304-seaworld-of-pain?u=reechard&c=droppod (http://vodpod.com/watch/16093304-seaworld-of-pain?u=reechard&c=droppod)

garman1
17-02-2012, 08:52 AM
This green madness has to end. It would be funny if this organisation wasnt so well funded and influential, and didnt have our past time in their sights.

Please watch this, it will make you laugh, and give you an insight into the insanity that exist within this organisation.

http://vodpod.com/watch/16093304-seaworld-of-pain?u=reechard&c=droppod (http://vodpod.com/watch/16093304-seaworld-of-pain?u=reechard&c=droppod)

After watching that video, well it looks like i have to let all my aquarium fish go, they like the orca are a slave fish and need to be freed............... mind you they were bred in captivity and are domesticated as much as a fish can be, mmmmmmmmm what to do, release them to be free or keep them in slavery. I could free the fish and my cats and let them both be free at the same time and place and then the food chain would be complete again.

I can't believe that there are people who probably get paid to do such bizarre things, yet there is still whale hunting, so far I have not seen a PETA action on the whaling issue.