PDA

View Full Version : HELP NEEDED has anyone had transom strenthed or knows a welder

sizedoesmatter
02-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Hey everyone
Just wondering if anyone has had there transom streghtned on there boat before and if so who done it or if you no of a marine welder that does it could u please let me know
thanks heaps

wirlybird
02-02-2012, 11:20 AM
a bit more detail like where are you and what your boat is made of would help get some more answers mate

sizedoesmatter
02-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Oh sorry mate I'm located at beenleigh so either goldcoast or up upwards brissy and its a alloy boat

nigelr
02-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Had the old one cut off and a new one made and fitted to my alloy 5.3m. a couple of years ago.
Cost a couple of grand from memory; did a great job and am very pleased.
Shouldn't be to hard to find someone to do it for you up on the goldy etc.

wirlybird
02-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Can you put a pic up of what you need done i may be able to help you out

sizedoesmatter
03-02-2012, 05:06 AM
Well im wanting to put a bigger motor on my boat and I've had a read and they say strengthen the transom and ull be able to put the bigger motor on like I don't no like what they mean strengthen,

wirlybird
03-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Yeah i have done that before to put a 50 hp on a 11ft boat. But i would have to see a pic in order to see what needs to be done. it could cost $50 to $10,000 it just depends on how much needs to be done and how much HP your adding. Also how bad the condition of the alloy is, and how thick the keel plate is and so on and so forth. You really need a place to start from and what you expect to do. PM me if you want to chat via email and send pic's that way.