PDA

View Full Version : Favourite landbased spot?

Tristo
01-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Just wondering where everyone's favourite landbased spots? I normally head to Lota creek, or Norman creek at the kayak launch ramp, haven't had much luck at either of them lately though. Where's your favourite spot? Might give a couple of them a look on the weekend to change it up a bit!!

nathank
02-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Devils gorge north headland of Jervis bay.. (cant fish it anymore) have to be one of the most spectacular rock fishing spots you can imagine..... snapper, yellowfin, kings, marlin, longtails etc etc etc etc

grinner2
02-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Breaky creek hotel (cold beer & a steak)

Mossy247
02-02-2012, 12:44 PM
That is an interesting question and Nathan's response. I wonder how many favourite landbased spots are no longer fishable for what ever reasons. I used to have a ball land based in the pine river man years ago getting plenty of fish. Now I don't bother in my boat as the spots are so over crowded. I don't really like fishing shoulder to shoulder to others. I only really fish landbased when throwing out pots around cabbage tree creek.

nathank
02-02-2012, 12:59 PM
i hearya mossy 82% of the best landbased game fishery arguably in the world (jervis bay) is now closed for a marine park... ridiculous when it is almost purely platforms to target pelagic species......Im just glad i was lucky enough to fish some of these breathtaking spots..

Blythy
02-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Spot X would be my #1, followed by spot Y then spot Z

apart from these, some of the little creeks up near cairns chasing jungles and snake heads, no problem with over crouding there

dallas90
08-02-2012, 07:08 PM
when i was 10-11 years old about 10 years ago now i use to live accross the road from 19th ave lake in palm beach. when tide was comin in you could see meter long giant herring and barracuda, huge gts and queenies and the odd jack sitting in the current infront of the pipe. the fishing was unbelievable now that i think about it, as good as the tropics. but because its so popular and crowded it has pretty much turned to shit compared to what it use to be.

Funchy
08-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Deer Creek Utah, Always get nice fat rainbow trout there in the colder months and bass in the warmer months.

Google Maps GPS Mark - 40.425634,-111.498388

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did mate ;D::)

PS. I have posted some reports of another spot a bit closer thats not bad either!:D

Marlin_Mike
08-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Devils gorge north headland of Jervis bay.. (cant fish it anymore) have to be one of the most spectacular rock fishing spots you can imagine..... snapper, yellowfin, kings, marlin, longtails etc etc etc etc

When we were young and stupid, and lived at Culburra, we would drive round to the uncles place at Currarong. Man some good spots in JB. The Eves, Devil’s Gorge, The Docks, The Tubes, Big Beecroft, Little Beecroft, and Moe’s Rock. Many Many years ago.........

Crookhaven River and rocky headlands at Culburra/Penguin Head used to yield some good fish. Luderick, jew, leather jackets, bream,

Mike