PDA

View Full Version : QF3 Coast Guard Redcliffe | First Aid and CPR Certificate Courses

QF3 MROCP
01-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Another fundraising event to take place for the year is our new Applied First Aid (AFA), CPR and Refresher course for both streams.

They are being run throughout the 2012 year and presented by one of our volunteers who in her normal work life has been teaching it all for the last 4 years.

Be taught by the Person whose trained us to Save Lives!

"Hello I'm Gayle Guthrie, the QF3 first aid trainer.

Whether your out on the water or at home it can be a daunting time when your dealing with a suddenly sick or injured person.

I love training people to have the first aid skills needed in an emergency. I have been a professional trainer for 4 years and I volunteer my time to help out at QF3 Coast Guard.

My first aid experiences are varied from minor sea sickness to helping out at major car accidents.

My aim is for others to have fun while they learn or refresh there first aid skills.

The courses are very practical and hands on so come along as you just may learn how to save a life."

So when can I attend?

CPR & AFA Refresher:

Feb 11th
May 5th
June 3rd
August 18th
October 6th
December 1st

CPR & AFA:

April 14th
July 21st
September 15th
November 3rd
How much is it going to cost me...? We're not fancy, but we're cheap!

CPR $50.00
AFA $100.00

Refresher Course:

CPR $40.00
AFA $80.00

Where is it at?

QF3 Coast Guard Redcliffe training room - Scarborough Harbour

I want to book now?

Contact QF3 Radio Room on 07 3203 5522 and leave your details

or better still;

email Gayle: firstaidqf3@coastguard.org.au

remember this old thread from last year? (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?172723-First-Aid-and-CPR-Can-you-look-after-your-Family-and-Crew)

fat-buoy
02-02-2012, 11:22 AM
My certificates are all in date but I think this a great idea. Anyone who has not ever been trained in first aid or CPR should invest a few $$ and just do the course.. The course is stress free and may well save your life or the life of someone close to you.