PDA

View Full Version : ULP To Stay In NSW

Chimo
01-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Noticed a brief report that NSW have responded to complaints about the proposal to outlaw ULP and only sell E10 in NSW.

Many representations were made about the issues and problems that this change would have caused.

This decision has now been reversed. There seems to be some benefit to be had from speaking out. Good to see some common sense prevailing.

Cheers
Chimo

Fed
01-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Smoke & mirrors Chimo.
They dropped the banning of straight ULP but still maintained the 6% of all fuel must be ethanol.
I think they passed the buck to the oil companies to make them into the bad guys.
I have no idea how the oil companies will achieve the 6%, maybe make E10 into E15 or start slipping E into PULP or even cop the flack and do what the Govt proposed and not supply straight ULP without E in it.

That's my take on it so far and it will be interesting to watch it pan out.

DTHCoCo
01-02-2012, 04:01 PM
The 6% will do the same job regular unleaded will still go.I don't believe they even met the previous 4% target.

Lovey80
01-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Government needs to stay the F$%^ out of these sorts of things. Sure mandate that Ethanol must be an OPTION for motorists and then let the free market decide. That way also when a storm or floods take out cane areas you don't have supply problems of ethanol and normal ULP is still readily available.

Makes me sick that the NSW LNP even considered this course of action.

Mike Delisser
01-02-2012, 04:16 PM
The law/mandate is 6% of all fuel sold must be ethanol isn't it? not 6% ethanol in the fuel, if you know what I mean.

Fed
01-02-2012, 05:38 PM
The law/mandate is 6% of all fuel sold must be ethanol isn't it?
Yes Mike, I'm not sure who's 'law' it is though, it could even be Federal for all I know.
It seems like a strange thing for a State Govt to willingly apply.
The fuel companies are saying the only way they can comply is to dump ULP.

stevet
01-02-2012, 05:55 PM
It's a State Law

Stevet