PDA

View Full Version : trailer mods

stevel3
29-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Hi all,
I have a 5.1 Allycraft Islander (see avatar) and I find it a handfull to put back on the trailer. The trailer has skids and a couple of angled skids at the bottom roller to help align the boat as you load it. Unless it is dead still it is a real handfull to load and takes 2 of us. I would like to be able to take it out myself but dont want to be fighting with it when it comes time to reload it on the trailer again. I have tried driving it on but again if slightly rough it is very easy to miss the correct path. My question is would converting it to a roller setup make it much more user friendly. I do like the boat but am thinking of selling it and going to something smaller like 4.5 metre centre or side console with a 60 four stroke. Each time I think I am going to sell I then go out and look at mine and sometimes sit in it and change my mind. If I can make it easy to use by myself without spending a fortune on it I will most likely keep it, what are your thoughts please,
Steve.

Hagar
30-01-2012, 07:18 AM
G'day Steve

Retriever R Mate .I have had these before .They are a good option for problems like yours . Do your homework and go look at it first . They will not always fit all trailers . https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_itemdetail.asp?cat=138&item=71290&intAbsolutePage=1

Chris