PDA

View Full Version : Best Fishing Option in LaNina downpour

Si
25-01-2012, 09:08 AM
gday, doesnt look like I'll be going fishing on the weekend and or even longer. Might have to resort to freshwater soon.
What would be the best bet - glenlyon might be goer :P

Any other options?

BLOOEY
25-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Jew! Probably give them a crack tonight off the beach if it is fishable. Ben

Si
25-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Jew! Probably give them a crack tonight off the beach if it is fishable. Ben

good luck!!

bar raider
25-01-2012, 05:56 PM
good thread, i was about to ask the same.

me being on the goldy, the seaway is supposed to fish good after rains. but since this is around all week where should i fish with this muddy water all around??

bar raider
25-01-2012, 06:02 PM
so what fishing is out there in this weather????

?????

Linedropper
25-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Dunno mate I'm new to the Goldy so going to experience what could be crap fishing first hand. Gonna head out on the Broadwater on Saturday as long as it looks like I wont get zapped by lightning.

sambino
25-01-2012, 08:14 PM
i was just about to ask the same thing i live at annerley and usually fish at redland bay or manly/wynnum but my spots have been off for a couple off weeks and now this wind is killing me i dont mind the rain and a bit of a breeze. what rivers and creeks would be worth a crack where i can get out of this wind i only fish landbased too.

BLOOEY
26-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Well it was fishable but the bream were in plague proportions in the filthy, foamy washing machine. Whole sides of mullet stripped in secconds. Maybe next trip. Ben

tunaticer
26-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Get out into the bay half a km out from the rivers and creeks with your crab pots this weekend for the muddies.
You might also find a higher salinity level spot that will harbour fish out there too. You do not need any structure showing on the sounder at all, just a saltier area. Just after last years floods we found good muddies off Clontarf to Woody Point area. Did have problems with float lines catching hyacinth tho and had to put three floats to a pot.

tunaticer
26-01-2012, 09:19 AM
gday, doesnt look like I'll be going fishing on the weekend and or even longer. Might have to resort to freshwater soon.
What would be the best bet - glenlyon might be goer :P

Any other options?

I have always wondered about trying to locate the rainbow trout population near Warwick on Spring Creek after a flush..........maybe one of these days that might occur. (from what i have researched there are still a few living there plus in another creek closer to cunninghams gap too all on private property)

rod millward
29-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Funny you should say that Tunaticer. Last year after the great flood downstream from Warwick on the Condamine and from memory think it was after Easter saw a filleted carcass of a dead brown trout about a kilo on the bank. Knew what I was looking at as caught them down south. You can just imagine the person that caugth this on a worm and have it banging all over the surface.

Kevin Ferguson
30-01-2012, 03:02 PM
"Go fish" with the kids ::D ::D
Cheers Kevin