PDA

View Full Version : Beach worms

Just_chips
23-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Not really an instructional video, just a bit of fun pulling a few worms for a quick session with my son. He's 10 and can do it pretty well after years of Fraser trips. For all those that have trouble just keep trying, once you get the first they get easier after that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlE6z2gv-j4&context=C3c11d57ADOEgsToPDskJ3-wPcC9qdtdKzWOGyeh0k

Agrav8_and_Lulu
23-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Great video, everyone makes it look so easy:o. I tried for the first time on the chrissy break at sth straddie, I was shown a different style to what i've seen on the video. One worm in 1.5 hrs on both occasions:'(a lot more practice I think, I will be trying your style next time I do it.

Just_chips
23-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Mate those 3 pro guys in the background were pulling them with one hand whilst they carried their buckets with the other hand and they were getting them in a fraction of the time it took me, I should have asked to film some of that but felt cheeky enough just piggy backing off their teaser bait as it was.......In addition to each of those buckets they were carrying (which were absolutely chockas) were at least 4 x 20litre buckets in the back of their ute all full of worms, I've never seen so many, apparently most were going to Tweed and Bremer bait supplies for frozen cured worms.

Agrav8_and_Lulu
23-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Just wondering, did you take notice of the sand condition where you were worming. I got told you won't find any worms were there is pipies or shells on the beach?

MEG-A-BITE
23-01-2012, 01:30 PM
That’s good fun, I tried this on Fraser last year and we really battled to get the worm to take the bait. They would come out and find the piece of pipie then before you could grab it shoot back in. A pro came alone and said we wasting our time the worms will not come out far enough to get a grip on them because the wind was too strong and as soon as they felt the wind they would retreat. Well don’t know if this was the problem or we were just really bad at it.

Squidlet
24-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Nice one!! Love the song,who sings it?
Cheers chris.

Just_chips
06-02-2012, 05:27 PM
The song is froma Brissy band called 'Butterfingers'.

kingcray
10-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Awesome vid mate. I have seen those pro guys - quite incredible how good they are! Such a shame those worms are all heading to the freezer !

champion
14-02-2012, 05:46 PM
yeah these boys live in brisbane a few doors up from my bro in law... mind you they spend most of their time at rainbow now.
top guys and mad keen fishos as well.
worming used to shit me for years.... but when you get your first you dont want to stop !!

irovefishing
23-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Nice video! damn they are big worms!
I was using the Alvey pliers to catch them, only just started to use my bare hands! You're right, once you start, you can't stop!
I sometimes get carried away with the worming I forget about the fishing! lol

z50man
25-02-2012, 07:29 AM
good stuff , great to watch ,,,,,