PDA

View Full Version : Allison 4.95 Arafura

troy
21-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Need to upgrade my tinny so opinions needed on the Allison 4.95 Arafura.
Thanks
Troy

hooknpull
21-01-2012, 06:03 PM
I don't know if they have fixed it but they had a problem with them porposing. I was told by a friend who is a dealer of them. They were in the process of moving the fuel tanks more to the front to stop it. Just ask if they have changed to a new position. Cheers
Aaron

troy
21-01-2012, 07:42 PM
I don't know if they have fixed it but they had a problem with them porposing. I was told by a friend who is a dealer of them. They were in the process of moving the fuel tanks more to the front to stop it. Just ask if they have changed to a new position. Cheers
Aaron

Thanks Aaron,
But i am really asking people to tell me which is the best tinny and it is a impossible question to ask as members have their own opinion and rightly so.
Just wanted to cover my options on a tinny up to a range between 4.5 to 5.00 mtrs.
Troy

Smithy
23-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Sounds like you should have kept the sons 445F and been prepared to live with the dings. Glass is stronger than people think. Just hit it with a bit of gelcoat repairer every now and again.

troy
23-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Not enough room for my needs as i spend most of my time at our beach place and need something a bit bigger for supplies.
Troy

Camhawk88
23-01-2012, 03:08 PM
A review here:
http://cruisecastcatch.com/495-arafura-bordering-perfection/

I reckon I would take it with a grain of salt. Very little about the ride apart from it being dry and if you look at the video the water is pretty flat. That said it looks a good boat for a 5m ali.

troy
23-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Sounds like you should have kept the sons 445F and been prepared to live with the dings. Glass is stronger than people think. Just hit it with a bit of gelcoat repairer every now and again.
Sounds like maybe you are not big enough to let go of the past and move on just ignore my threads.

fisho8
23-01-2012, 08:24 PM
I like the Allison Alloy boats I think they are a good rig for the money. Northside marine have just done a deal with them to stck their boats I have looked at the ones they have down there and am quite impressed by the over all finish. If I was looking at another tinny I would take them into consideration for sure.

Si
29-01-2012, 12:27 PM
whats peoples opinions regarding motor height. i looked at a tiller steer today and noted that the recess in the transom to allow for the motor seems really low. maybe its just me.

troy
29-01-2012, 12:51 PM
What would be the better riding boat between the arafura and 5.1 noble.
Thanks
Troy

nigelr
29-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Hey Troy, I've seen the ara and it looked quite good to me.
Haven't had the pleasure of seeing the Noble, does it have a steeper deadrise angle? Would be my pick if it did. They have a pretty good rep.
Isn't there a fair bit of $ difference between the two?
If so, you might be opening up your options quite a lot.
Cheers.

troy
29-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Hey Troy, I've seen the ara and it looked quite good to me.
Haven't had the pleasure of seeing the Noble, does it have a steeper deadrise angle? Would be my pick if it did. They have a pretty good rep.
Isn't there a fair bit of $ difference between the two?
If so, you might be opening up your options quite a lot.
Cheers.
I think the noble has a lot deeper v.
Hard to get pricing up here down south is cheaper but then you would have to factor in freight that the dealer pays.
Troy

DTHCoCo
29-01-2012, 08:00 PM
I have an Allison amazon 4.7m Centre console 80lt tank with an etec 60, the boat rides very smooth and as that review said stays very dry inside. Until last week never took it offshore took her across the bar a mooloolba weather was rubbish as it was flooding it handled it like a piece of cake and the conditions where far from ideal. I'm personally very happy with it and their build quality is great.

Skusto
30-01-2012, 02:28 PM
thought it was interesting was down at northside marine this morning and they had hydrofoils standed on there 4-5 metre set ups must be having trouble kepting the nose down and staying on the plane at slow speeds

Adz seajay
03-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Iv'e got a good mate with a 5.45m Arafura and it's got to the smoothest, buoyant, most stable, quietest hulls iv'e been on. Not so dry though, but any open boat with a cross wind over one of the front quarters will end up wet punching into it.
I was listening to a bar crusher at rest in slight chop and was clanging and banging and comparing it to this Allison, it was not far of the sound deadening quality of a glass boat.