PDA

View Full Version : Haines Signature 550le, Owners, review

kind_cir
21-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Still deciding on a boat, and have got it down to a short list. I have come across the Haines Signature 550le, and liked what I have seen so far but can't find too much info on them, even though it won trailerboat of the year.

Any owners out there that can give us some info on this rig, or point me towards a review or something ?

PADDLES
21-01-2012, 08:07 PM
mate, google is your friend, there's a marinews review for starters. search for any sites that have boat reviews and work your way from there.

we had a 1992 550BR for a while as our family boat and whilst i will never own another bowrider i couldn't fault the hull or the 135 blackmax motor hanging off the back of it.

in that late 80's early 90's era the haines models changed designations a bit so also have a look at 1550LE, 1750L/LE as they are very similar hull/topside arrangements. good luck.

upstart
22-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Hey Paddles. Just curious as to why you'd never own another bow rider.

PADDLES
23-01-2012, 01:38 PM
just not suitable for the northern bay where i go boating, if i lived down the goldy or southern bay it'd be a bit more viable. we had a number of trips back from moreton where the waves were over my head when driving and it wasn't nice. for pleasure boating i also found the bowrider section to be pretty much unusable whilst on the move as it was too cold without protection from the wind.