PDA

View Full Version : Half nighter

Daintreeboy
18-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Finally got the missus out for a fish outside after having two kids!! She's not fished for over a year out the reef so we took here out for a few hours in close to get her arch enemy, the Large Mouth Nannygai. We fished for 4 hours and got 33 fish which included a lot of Small mouth nannys but did get 5 reef Jacks which Narelle also seems to get a lot of, 5 spangleds and some quality largies. Narelle got one over 7 kilos so with the 2 spangleds, 2 jacks and countless Small mouths she outfished the lot of us after having a year on dry land. I'll try and get some photos and video up soon.

By the way she used a Ryoga Bay jigger with her Shimano Jigwrex and boy is that a sweet rig. It's a baitcaster type of reel but built like a saltiga (only much smaller) with 10 kilos of drag. I want one.......

Pazz01
18-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Sounds good mate. Good to hear they are still biting abit. I was keen to get out last weekend, I heard they got stuck into them, but unfortunately didn't make it.

The small mouth are usually in plague proportions this time of the year in close.

Pazz

XtremeBoony
19-01-2012, 09:12 PM
bring on the pics and vid mark, well done. Always good to see the ladies getting in on the action.

cheers from boony

TREVELLY
20-01-2012, 05:33 AM
Always good to see the girls showing up the boys - makes for some healthy competition in future trips and some good value in the meantime.

I would only manage to get my bub to fish estuary otherwise she would be green.

Ryoga Bay jigger eh? Will look at that one - got the jigwrex which is going to lose its saltist soon so . . . .hmmm I did get Okuma rod and reel - V sytem which is a nice solid outfit for deep water, but for the jig-wrex? A $700 reel - should be good too. So that's what you have to do to get the missus fishing - $1k setup of fishing bling :).

Want to see the pics - the report sounds like real good results - thanks for posting.

castamasta
22-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Cheers for the report,those ladies tend to do that a bit.Look forward to the pics.
cheers,Gav.

odes20
23-01-2012, 06:55 AM
Reading your posts lately DaintreeBoy - you certainly carry some good gear in your arsenal. I like it. But in reality when you go offshore up here in the north you do need to be loaded for bear. Also keen to see the pics

Cheers
John

odes20
23-01-2012, 06:58 AM
Always good to see the girls showing up the boys - makes for some healthy competition in future trips and some good value in the meantime.

I would only manage to get my bub to fish estuary otherwise she would be green.

Ryoga Bay jigger eh? Will look at that one - got the jigwrex which is going to lose its saltist soon so . . . .hmmm I did get Okuma rod and reel - V sytem which is a nice solid outfit for deep water, but for the jig-wrex? A $700 reel - should be good too. So that's what you have to do to get the missus fishing - $1k setup of fishing bling :).

Want to see the pics - the report sounds like real good results - thanks for posting.
Hey Trev what size V-System Okuma did you end up with and do you think it is a serious offshore reel?