PDA

View Full Version : offshore moreton report today 14th/1/12

rosco1974
14-01-2012, 02:44 PM
had a lazy start from manly with my neighbour garry,we left the harbour at 6.15 and headed for the spb.was flat as as we headed out the northern channel.to be honest we sat on 29knts from manly till we hit the 33's ;D.started floatlining and was real quiet took a few hrs to get a keeper snapp in the boat.followed by another a short time later.biggest i got was mid 70's and garry got 1 around 45cm..the strangest thing i seen today was garry catching a cracker of a pencil squid on a pillie,he actually caught the squid through the tenticle with a 5/0 hook:o.i guess u get a slow trip every now and then...the further u went out today the bigger the swell,prob around the 2mtrs of rolling swell on the bigger sets..the northern channel had around.5mtr of swell both on the way out and on the way inn...coming in was on the outgoing tide.hope this info helps the blokes headin out tomorrow
cheers rosco75825

p.s tim d i threw out a nuc chicken today didn't get a touch.will bring the rest of them around for you to have a feed on.lol

TimD
14-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Where was my invite rosco, i cleaned the bloody oven i was that bored today ;D

Good to hear you tried a sp, if you knew how to fish plastics you would probably get some fish on them ;D

Least your getting a few decent size snapper now instead of the little squire you used to post all the time :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

rosco1974
14-01-2012, 03:39 PM
mate if i had of known u could of come for sure.had plenty of room in the boat...pitty the fish didn't play the game

carnster
14-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Ha Ha you guys crack me up. Nice snaps Rosco.

TimD
14-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Ha Ha you guys crack me up. Nice snaps Rosco.

Yeah rosco and i love a bit of online banter ;D

I'm just gonna have to outfish him badly when i do a trip with him :P

rosco1974
14-01-2012, 04:52 PM
come on tim now you are dreaming.

Muddy Toes
14-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Bit of a hard one today mate......did the 33's and 35's for 5 keepers.Weather wise was pretty good I thought.Heaps of fish on the sounder and dragged plenty of baits through them floating and bottom bashing for not much result.....it was pretty frustrating but thats fishing i guess.

rosco1974
14-01-2012, 08:07 PM
i am hearing you mate,some of the best shows i have seen for a while and hardly a touch.but i did drop a few fish and got reefed by a good fish.am looking at doing it again real soon hopefully with a better result

Muddy Toes
14-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Don't take it the wrong way but I'm glad it just wasn't something I was doing wrong.....we had our fair share of dropped fish too, one of our keepers was a dropped fish that surfaced a short while later with the benz and netted....today we would take em any way we could.

rosco1974
14-01-2012, 08:28 PM
all good mate.was just a quiet day out

TREVELLY
14-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Well I spent today putting a new loo in the ensuite and painting and doing lots of brownie point stuff - hope I can cash in these brownie points soon otherwise all the effort wasted - where are the macks?! One small school off GC and reports of them going ballistic in HB and yes off 1770

Nice reddie Rosco - thanks for the report.

Yes I have caught my best squid accidentally on the humble pillie intended for a finny thing - they are a nice conversion - one pillie suddenly becomes salt and pepper squid for the whole family ;D

Tim d - are you likely to get a boat pass after rattling everyones chain last weekend about the fish everywhere title? :)

fisho8
14-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Good Size Snapper there Rosco will be a nice feed that one.:)

rosco1974
15-01-2012, 09:34 AM
sure was a good feed for dinner last nite ,me and the missus will have the other fillet for lunch today

robsue
15-01-2012, 01:47 PM
nice snap Rosco......mate went out to spot x and got 8 sandcrabs this morning, no muddies, male or female

Scalem
15-01-2012, 06:24 PM
I had prawns, calamari, salads, sausages, steak, rum and coke.... spread across two birthday parties I didn't have to cook or catch any of it:P But I would have preferred to.;)

Very reliable technique Rosco, the 33's and floatlining Barrys' glow sinkers. I need to upgrade my gear for plastics, although we are eating chook, that doesn't mean we aren't hooking up::)

Scalem

rosco1974
15-01-2012, 06:32 PM
i know brian,throw a pillie on and see how u go...i think old tim d is the problem.he jinx's every boat he goes out on.going mackeral fishin this weekend unless the weather is too good to pass up another offshore trip
robsue,a nice feed of sandies

BillyT2382
15-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Heya rosco awesome looking fish ya gota love a good feed of snapper ayy...there's a few tricks around that might land those more than often hehehe i would give you those secrets when i find them hehehe awesome fish

Cheers
Billy (The crazzzy kiwi)

rosco1974
15-01-2012, 07:33 PM
1 a trip is all good i recon...i like the 40-60cm range better for chewing on,but is good fun to get the bigger models as well

TimD
15-01-2012, 07:50 PM
although we are eating chook, that doesn't mean we aren't hooking up::)

Scalem

Thats so true Brian, next hutchies session i think i better bring the egrell/saltiga combo and show some of these brutes who's boss. Unless were getting fish on the troll then it will be hard to stop trolling.

robtarr
16-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Might as well add our effort for the same title rather than start a new thread.

Sat was a slow start for us also. Had Brett (Fishfeeder) and Josh (Phantomboy) onboard and put nothing in the esky till about 9:30 after leaving Manly 3:30. Collected a heap of good bait size slimies before we hit square patch - great show but no takers - tried everything. Decison was made to head north fishing marks on the way up to deep tempest. Started picking up the odd fish with a drift or 3 over good shows and slowly put some colour in the box - nothing major but welcome for the effort and kms travelled. The bite seemed to improve the later we got into the afternoon so fished our way back to square patch for a second look. Great bait ball and show so I dropped a livie with Josh and Brett going for the jigs. Instant success with Brett cleaned up by something big with teeth losing the lot and Josh onto a rat YTK. Pulled a few more on jigs for fun but none any size before we headed back through SPB around 4ish. Bar no issue with the worst water we encountered all day between bottom of Rous and Manly marina. Ended up with 8 snapper and lost a few more - only one to a shark though.
Thought we saw you just south of us Muddytoes - tried on 81 but no response if it was you. Someone tried to get us on my Outsider call sign on 21 but no nothing when I responded - can't remember the callers call sign.

cheers Rob