PDA

View Full Version : Whats this fish???

Tezza Lamb
12-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Hi Guys

Can anyone tell the name of this fish?

It was caught off Seaforth. Awesome fun getting it into the boat.

And what are they like eating?

Cheers boys

Tezza Lamb

chop
12-01-2012, 05:02 PM
image doesn't work mate

Back In Black
12-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Tezza, I can't open the attachment,
Tony

Yellowjack
12-01-2012, 05:05 PM
It looks like one of those invisible fish, I catch them all the time.

ThePinkPanther
12-01-2012, 05:50 PM
That's one of those very rare Invisible Black Spotted Rock Cod!

Tezza Lamb
12-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Sorry guys...bloody novices.

This one work?

Cheers
Tezza

Tezza Lamb
12-01-2012, 05:57 PM
You can tell I'm new to this..haha

krazyfisher
12-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Why kill a fish you dont know what it is???

it is a protected fish with a fine of $10,000 if caught and you have just put up a photo!!! good work

krazyfisher
12-01-2012, 06:27 PM
ok so its not protected.... but it could be.

my point is if you dont know what it is dont take it.

It is a blubber lip bream and they taste like crap..

Tezza Lamb
12-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks for your OPINION krazyfisher, but i just wanted to know if it was a blubber lip bream or a mother inlaw fish. I know my rules regs so dont go preachin your 'no need to kill' crap to me.

choppa
12-01-2012, 07:14 PM
great response from a "Platinum Member" to a Newby,, krazyfisher,,

why KILL it,,,

this is part of the reason why i,, and many,, don't post any more on catches,,,

your 1st response had me in fits of laughter,, 10k fine

your 2nd found you in reverse gear,,,

the written word effects people,, differently than that of the verbal word,, you know what i mean,,, BUT IT COULD BE,,,

people on this site pick on my (,,,,,,,,,) between saying stuff,, but i just try and say it as it is,,

if you think 6:25 and 6:27 in time means bugger all to you ,,, maybe it means something to a "Newbie" who is asking a simple query

OH,, by the way,, research querys on some (or all) of "platinum" members ,, then respond,,, i've asked a heap of em for starters

googarra
12-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Painted Sweetlip
Slatey Bream
Mother in law fish

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_8870.htm

Contrary to most beliefs, they are just edible if cooked right. I run a few biggens through the deep fryers crumbed and fed 4 adults just to prove this point. I think if you try and fry them in a pan they turn to rubber.

I tested small pieces crumbed and very hot fryed and most people said thats good, what is it?

You cant freeze it, most times tastes like crap

In the book I have on fish it says something like "while edible, there is far better fish to be had"

True

pescados
12-01-2012, 07:29 PM
great response from a "Platinum Member" to a Newby,, krazyfisher,,

Thanks Choppa, had a similar experience on another site and needles to say, haven't been back since.

sprocketman
12-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Terry, Choppa was sticking up for you buddy, ease off.

krazyfisher
12-01-2012, 08:05 PM
if I offended well so be it, but come on I have seen the same questions for years. Here is a photo of a fish killed and kept and now you ask what is it???
if you don't know what it is take a photo and ask the question so NEXT time you can keep it or not, if this would have been done the response would have been its a.... and they taste like....
what if it was a protected or under-size fish, what would the response be if booked because of the photo???? what if the do gooders now write an article about fishers taking fish and not knowing what they are.

Choppa
a Newby he has been a member since 2008 not new just has not used ausfush alot. Platinum member or Newby makes no difference its only the time on this board not age, experience or knowledge And yes I have asked many stupid questions and I am sure I still do.