PDA

View Full Version : Left Plastics in Tackle Box ;)

Dicktracey
11-01-2012, 01:34 PM

Headed out from Moolooaba last night to try to catch a feed, equiped with the finest smelly bait I could find. Conditions where better than expected and forecast so we were in luck.

The mozzies though :-[ How can you be off shore and still get carried away ? my theory was they where heading for the full moon and stopped for a rest and top up on the way.

Nobody tell Mossy I left plastics in the tackle box, as good as they are sometimes you just need to catch a feed ;)
Mrs wanted to have a bit more of a fish before we headed in so we hit the gneerings, rods in water and I laid down up front,just checking forecast darl ;) "we had been on water since 10pm it was now 7am" 1 Just under legal Pearlie was the only fish to be brought aboard >:(

I woke up to find rods stripped down ready for trip over the bar and home,just cleaned boat had one beer now about to trip to idol ;)
Stopped for coffee on way home and Mrs said how about Moreton ? What now I said, yeh we still have bait !
Sorry darl I'm done will be lucky if boat gets cleaned,think I have created a monster !!!!!!!!!
cheers
Dick
I did entertain myself for a while using 8lb braid on the reef at night,45cm sweetie gave quite a good fight, just like landing a Mack on 50lb.;D
To be honest it is so quiet up there, the fish where on the bite for only about 2hrs out of 10hrs fishing :'(
cheers
Dick

netmaker
11-01-2012, 02:21 PM
maybe you should have used the zmans dick;). i fished bait for 7 hours last night for sharks and catties and 1 tiger squid. 2 hours plastics work this morn = 4 snaps +1 cod.;D

Mossy247
11-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Busted. Hahaha good catch mate persistence is the key with plastics. I'll have you on plastics soon enough LOL

Dicktracey
11-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Busted. Hahaha good catch mate persistence is the key with plastics. I'll have you on plastics soon enough LOL
using bait I dont need to find Mossy's reef the fish come to me :)
BTW Mossy the noise my Reel made when the sweetie grabbed my smelly bait was ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ;)

Mossy247
11-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Sounds like more the noises you were making up the front of the boat while your better half was catching all the fish. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz snooze.:P
Looks like you guys had a blast and i think the saying is be careful what you wish for I think you have created a monster I'm glad my wife prefers the ponies to the fishing or I would be importing directly from Zman.;D
Nice work - See you on the water, oh and guess who's getting a new sounder/plotter on the boat? Should I start the bidding on the hand held inc marks? hehehe
tight lines - mossy

Dicktracey
11-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Sounds like more the noises you were making up the front of the boat while your better half was catching all the fish. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz snooze.:P
Looks like you guys had a blast and i think the saying is be careful what you wish for I think you have created a monster I'm glad my wife prefers the ponies to the fishing or I would be importing directly from Zman.;D
Nice work - See you on the water, oh and guess who's getting a new sounder/plotter on the boat? Should I start the bidding on the hand held inc marks? hehehe
tight lines - mossy
He champ give me a call if you need a hand to fit it up ? Made just about all the mistakes you can fitting mine, Very happy with HDS-5 mate brillant night vision settings as well.
Dont worry about your Mrs Mossy I'm sure she would be man enough to use bait ;)

Mossy247
11-01-2012, 08:52 PM
He champ give me a call if you need a hand to fit it up ? Made just about all the mistakes you can fitting mine, Very happy with HDS-5 mate brillant night vision settings as well.
Dont worry about your Mrs Mossy I'm sure she would be man enough to use bait ;)
Cheers Mate thanks for the offer it sounds like a good reason for a few brews I think?
tight lines - mossy

Yellowjack
12-01-2012, 03:27 PM
I saw those pirate flags for sale at BCF :P

Great work mate, shoulda stuck with the plastics though haha. ;D

Cheers,
Jack