PDA

View Full Version : Good Sesh off cape moreton

tinsanity
10-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Hi all.first time posting a thread,long time reader.Headed out from manly on the 4th at 3.00am headed for shallow tempest.nice ride over, little bumpy round combie but nothing to big got to shallow tempest around sunrise to fish it with plastics for 3hrs for 1 spangle about 50cm.It has been really quite there for a while apart from the occasional xos kingy.so we headed wide from there out to the 80m line where we proceeded to fill our bag of squire between 45to55cm leaving our bag a couple short for some bigger models later in the day.we also pulled a couple of good pearlies from there also.from there we proceeded trolling the 80m line north towards flinders with skirts and bibbed minnows,well no luck apart from a black marlin swimming through our spread wide of flinders in 80m.We then proceeded to troll around hutchies once all the boats had left and hooked up solid just north were all the bait has been.after about a 2 minute fight it won its freedom straightening a treble on my xrap 30.i beleive this was a large gt as i have caught them in this area before.We gave up trolling a little while later and floated some whole gar down the same bait school we hooked up trolling around 35metres of water,Bang every gar we sent down got slammed we proceeded to land solid snapper and spangle to around 7kilos and loosing about every second fish to bust offs and pulled hooks some bigger models are definately there to!We also threw some plastics down into them for a bit of a laugh and scored a 80cm job on a gulp.after the sun went down and wind picked up a we went back inside and anchored up at bulwer which the water was red from the glow of the fire hope they get it under control.Also have video of all the captures will try and upload some soon cheers!

Captain Seaweed
10-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Nice report mate and great fish caught!!!

blue_rogue
10-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Great report mate... Good effort on the snapper

Horse
10-01-2012, 02:48 PM
A nice bag of fish and a good report.

Franco
10-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Great report mate

Shame the fish weren't there on Sunday though! Trolled Hutchies and East of Moreton on the 80m line for only 2 stripeys and 1 Dolphinfish. Doesn't sound like much was out there on Sunday at all!

Fishing_Freddy
10-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Some quality fish caught there. Well done. Thanks for the post :beer:

3rd degree
10-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Thats a cracker session.... great work!

Cheers
Jim

TimD
10-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Awesome session there :thumbsup:

Good to see someones getting fish on plastics, what size jigheads you using out there ?

cheers tim :)

Aussie123
10-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Awesome lot of fish there.
Congrats
Lance

Funchy
10-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Was that it? Hardly worth writing up a post mate............ ;DNOT!!!!! ;D

GEEEEZ what a great session. Hope we see many more reports from you. Also can't wait for the video!

tinsanity
10-01-2012, 06:02 PM
hi tim d we were using 5/8 ounce jig heads the current is still very slight in close,probably could go lighter i reckon!

BillyT2382
10-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Nice fish guys...love the SNAPPER!!

Cheers
Billy

Wax_head
10-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Now thats the way to do it.

tinsanity
10-01-2012, 10:30 PM
any tips on how to upload video onto this thread and how long should it take?

Funchy
11-01-2012, 05:47 AM
any tips on how to upload video onto this thread and how long should it take?

I find best way is to upload to youtube then create the link in your post mate.

TREVELLY
11-01-2012, 06:00 AM
Some great fish there - would be good to see a pic of the whole catch.

Dropping whole gar did you try pillies and squid or mullet as well and found only one bait really working - just wondering if they are fussy or if gar was all you had?

Thanks for posting report.

tinsanity
11-01-2012, 04:23 PM
We usually only use x-large pillies for the bigger snaps,but lately the bait shops in my area have only had small pillies so we decided to give them a go! they definately stop the smaller ones destroying your bait to a degree.we have also been using the gar on a float and wire for spanish mackerel.we did also catch them on pillies though but generally smaller fish.