PDA

View Full Version : Square Patch Sat 7/1

robtarr
09-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Josh and I got an early start leaving Manly by 3am then through SPB just on light and on the bait grounds by 4:30 to grab a heap of livies incl some nice slimeys. The northern channel was no trouble but conditions outside were fair only with dark clouds looming from the south. We'd come to fish though so made our way out to a great show in about 80m on a reliable square patch mark but the fish had a serious case of lock jaw. Current was running at a couple of knots and wind a good 15+ knots at times which made life difficult but we still hit them up with everything we had - livies, pillies, squid - it wasn't until Josh dropped a jig down things improved. First up was a mac tuna followed by a couple of YFT and a stiped tuna. None of them of any size worth a pic but all welcome and went in the esky except the mac. Didn't see another boat out there all day but from the chatter on 21 sounded like a few were south of us and plenty of activity from a game comp further north and out wide. Didn't sound like too many were finding fish either.

cheers Rob

fishfeeder
09-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the report Rob, I will let you know when I am able to head out for a fish !!

Cheers
Brett