PDA

View Full Version : 09 merc 25

Ryan the slayer
09-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Hi everyone i have a 09 mercury 25 outboard i am looking to upgrade it is in fairly good nick has full log book service history and 2 years warranty left on it ll does anyone know what it would be worth? If anyone is interested i will be traveling from cooma to the coast and around to melbourne than over to tassie in the next week. anyone know of a good merc dealer in victoria or tassie im upgrading to a bottom of the range 40 tiller. 0413340836 if anyone is interested

Noelm
09-01-2012, 09:14 AM
so you are saying you are going on holidays and want to buy a new motor while you are away, or you are moving? There will be plenty of Merc dealers around, my local had a 40HP tiller steer in stock when I was there on Saturday morning, so they must be reasonably common.

Ryan the slayer
09-01-2012, 10:31 AM
so you are saying you are going on holidays and want to buy a new motor while you are away, or you are moving? There will be plenty of Merc dealers around, my local had a 40HP tiller steer in stock when I was there on Saturday morning, so they must be reasonably common.
yeah mate was just enough power for the boat before the minn kota on the front and extra battery the hull is 220kg alone will get up on the plane with one in the boat but with a 2nd not a chance. yes i am on holiday new motor will just mean back to work sooner:-[

Blackened
09-01-2012, 10:46 AM
G'day,

Keep in mind that if it's the 2 stroke version it's more than likely the Japanese one. This means that the 40 is actually the same powerhead of the 50 tohatsu and to gain the extra 10hp is simply removing the throttle restrictor.

I got this info direct from the guys at wondall rd marine.

Dave

Ryan the slayer
09-01-2012, 11:25 AM
G'day,

Keep in mind that if it's the 2 stroke version it's more than likely the Japanese one. This means that the 40 is actually the same powerhead of the 50 tohatsu and to gain the extra 10hp is simply removing the throttle restrictor.

I got this info direct from the guys at wondall rd marine.

Dave
woohoo sounds good to me good for insurance reasons if it says 40 on it just hoping to sell the 25 before i get another and have to lug it around with me

Noelm
09-01-2012, 12:00 PM
how much do you want for the 25??? and I am not 100% sure the restrictor is the only thing different on the Tohatsu.

Ryan the slayer
09-01-2012, 12:32 PM
how much do you want for the 25??? and I am not 100% sure the restrictor is the only thing different on the Tohatsu.

$2100 sound ok?

Blackened
09-01-2012, 07:18 PM

I'm pretty sure it is mate, and this is from very reputable merc techs here.

Dave