PDA

View Full Version : Goldy offshore, lucky it was a nice day!!

Dazzler2
07-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Hey guys, had a good run out to the 36's a beautiful morning, dropped the pillys down for a handful of squire, all undersize. Call was made to bring out the lures and we set off for the 50s with a couple of laser pros and the jet heads on the top. Didn't turn a reel on the way out. Got to the 50's then that nasty beep started we all dread. Engine was overheating and no water pumping. Checked out the water inlet no blockages, let it cool down and tried again it started but no telltale and nasty rattly noises. Made the call to VMR Southport and they organised a tow in. Thanks again guys.
Had a visitor while we were waiting, a big tiger shark 2-3 mtrs made a few laps around us fin out of the water about 50 mtrs away, then one of the boys put his hands over the side and splashed around a bit within 2-3 seconds the shark was cruising under the transom from the opposite side of the boat. Were pretty happy we didn't go for that quick dip to cool off.

RAGINGBULL
07-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Unlucky Darren..
Was it the water pump, catch up during the week...see what the weather turns on for us next week

Cheers Mark

Spaniard_King
07-01-2012, 04:09 PM
not a good way to end the day, whats the verdict on the engine??

FINICKY
08-01-2012, 04:51 AM
It gets the blood going having a large shark come to the boat. I had a 3m or more Mako shark come to the boat off Moreton about 2 months ago. Thought it was a dolphin till it came to the surface and circled us a few times.

Dazzler2
08-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks Mark, we have booked for 3 days camping at Rainbow Beach, next Wed, Thurs, Fri, but if the Mac's arrive before then give me a yell.

Hey Garry, Luckily I was able to pick up a new pump impeller yesterday so I will be pulling it down today hopefully thats all it is. I have a Suzuki DT115 95 model, if I have any more trouble I may need your services, I have your number in my phone now.