PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Raby Bay ramp?

Scalem
07-01-2012, 08:12 AM
My brother followed me back into Raby Bay Ramp yesterday, it was low tide. You would think that for such a busy ramp, all boats and all sizes, a little 4.0 mtr tinnie with 40hp donk would have no trouble getting through without running into a prop munching bottom.:shocked2: But that's what happened. He followed me in and my Yalta got through OK, although I did notice how shallow it was getting so I trimmed the motor up. Just as well I did buy the look of it.

Another boating etiquette misdemeanour happened... But I want your opinions, I am still in disbelief. On the approach back through the leads, I always felt that when you see moored boats, where passing them at speed more than about 6 knots, if your wash causes those boats to pitch violently you should be going 6 knots or less. So at the last left hand turn before steering straight at the ramp, around 10 boats had all come off the plane, and started falling into a line on approach. Around here is where it gets quite shallow. I heard the roar of another boat on my port side, a massive 6+ mtr platey is overtaking the lot of us, and stays on the plane right up to the boat ramp. A couple of tinnies 2 or 3 boats ahead of me got a roller coaster ride for free when his wash caught up with them.
Is it 6 knots through here? From where? Can't remember seeing any signs, but I was happy to come off the plane and fall into line with everyone else and wait my turn. Not this guy! I should name and shame, can't remember the full name of the boat, "wet xxx"
He had a boat full of people, maybe one of them was having a baby or something really urgent, or got a call to say his house was on fire. Yer, that would be it, nobody would be that stupid otherwise.... The thrills of being a boatie in the holiday season! Love it!

Scalem

Lucky_Phill
07-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Couple of things.

The speed limit through there is not defined. Yes, in general rules 6 knots within 30 mtrs moored vessels.

As it was low tide and have experienced this very shallow channel before, I too would have kept my boat ( 6.2mtrs ) on the plane... to keep it higher in the water column. Once I passed the last green beacon, I'd drop the rpm and glide into the bank.

Having said all that, if I saw other boats in a que heading into the ramp, I would simply pull into line. Yes, common courtesy.

Unfortunately there are no rules which require " etiquette ". Jeez, the best we can hope for sometimes is " common sense ".

This is probably one reason I stay clear of the SEQ waterways during school holiday periods. You will always get the rogue skipper and also the ones that will go by what " they " think is best. As a seasoned skipper Brian, you ( and I and others here ) can only avoid these people as best we can to keep our boat and crew as safe as possible.

There is little use in approaching skippers that are a law unto themselves as they know best and the world revolves around them. Certainly a gentle reminder of manners and or rules to those that would appear to take on board any suggestions or info that may assist THEIR time on the water can be done. Choose carefully and engage the skipper with a friendly introduction.

SEQ is full of " once a year " boaties at this time of year, ever notice the increased number of rescues, breakdowns and accidents ( I'll call them incidents ) that happen over the summer school holidays ? That is no co-incidence and will continue for as long as " commonsense and manners " are left off the skills required to obtain a Boat Licence.

LP.

Captain Seaweed
07-01-2012, 08:46 AM
I take my girls to Raby Bay boat ramp any weekend I am not fishing and we have breaky there on the tailgate of the landcruiser, the girls eat and love the sight of boats, me I sit there in astonishment at some of the sights!!!

netmaker
07-01-2012, 08:58 AM
yep, common sense is anything but.

Scalem
07-01-2012, 09:02 AM
All true Phil, every time I had the radio on ch 21 VMR were involved in a rescue of some kind over the holiday break. Andrew left a bit of paint on some rocks there, so I guess this guy must have had a prop munched here before and wanted to scoot over the top, as you have said. But trimming the motor saved me losing any bark of my motor, so why can't he when there are many other boats in front of him? "The world according to me" is his attitude it seems.

Brian

Crunchy
07-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Interesting, I used this ramp for the first time on thursday, BANG, wtf, hit a rock, luckily going slow but I was surprised as was within the markers. Anyway no damage done so off we went. Two episodes on return, big launch comes screaming out the cannal area and just about swaps us, gives us a wave as he goes by, dipshit. Was on the sand when a platey comes tearing in and beaches on the other, side, black hull, couple of boguns inside, sent a few boats trying to drive on in all directions. I can see this place being pretty tense on a busy W/E!

charleville
07-01-2012, 02:20 PM
This is probably one reason I stay clear of the SEQ waterways during school holiday periods.

Ditto. All the nongs are out at this time and at Easter. Gotta feel sorry for the VMR guys at these times. :'(

Not long to go before it will be peaceful to go out here. The school holidays finish in just two weeks time. Yippeeeeeeeee!!!!! :D

Then us curmudgeons can have our go. 8-)

Scalem
07-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Then us curmudgeons can have our go. 8-)

Everyone knows your descriptive words Bruce.... but I had to look it up. Good word, I like it:D
A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy. They ease the pain by turning hurt into humor. . . . . . They attack maudlinism because it devalues genuine sentiment. . . . . . Nature, having failed to equip them with a servicable denial mechanism, has endowed them with astute perception and sly wit.

bf90
07-01-2012, 04:14 PM
A friend of mine was coming through the leads at wello point last year doing around 12 knotts so yeah he was just sort of on the plane and was creating a wash bigger than he would have at 6 knotts, mr water police man was there right near the ramp..... cost me mate $300.00 on the spot fine for doing over 6 knotts within the leads ..... proof for thought!!! I often wish they would hang out at raby bay ramp, they would make a killing for their next xmas party and would make a few guys think about others instead of themselves for a change. I have a 5.6 plate and I never go over 6 knots at raby ramp till I outside the yellow marker, and never hit the bottom yet, just trim the donk up, how much longer does it take, a minute?

fishfeeder
09-01-2012, 10:29 AM
I come in there just on the plane if no one is in front of me, even on high tide, there are NO signs saying its 6knots. I come off the plane short of the first markers so there is little to no wash effecting the guys launching and retrieving there boat. :P
Its more amazing how many try to cut the corner and end up on the bank (right hand side heading out) :-?
I saw a boat try and cut across even though you could see there was only about a foot of water, pissed myself laughing when he stoped dead in his tracks, the look on his face was priceless !! :o:o

tropicrows
09-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Like you Brett I see them cut that corner and the other one out from the point and think they must know what their doing or their just dumb. But that whole channel could do with a dredge and a floating pontoon.

netmaker
09-01-2012, 05:41 PM
sunchaser, i'd say your mate was pinched for over 6 knots within 30m of the jetty. it's ok to plane through the leads.

cheers
davo

Speed limits

In boating areas maximum speed limits apply. There are penalties and on-the-spot fines for exceeding a speed limit. For safety reasons, it may be necessary to stay well below these limits depending on the conditions.
Before boating in unfamiliar areas, find out if there are any special speed restrictions. Contact a Maritime Safety Queensland regional office (http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/About-us/How-to-contact-us/Regions.aspx), local authorities or marine parks and obey speed restriction signs.
The following restrictions apply throughout Queensland whether signs are present or not.
A speed limit of six knots:

within 30 metres (m) of

boats anchored, moored to the shore or aground
a jetty, wharf, pontoon or boat ramp

within 30 m of people in the water

within 60 m of people in the water when operating a personal watercraft

in boat harbours and marinas.

Tickleish
11-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Like you Brett I see them cut that corner and the other one out from the point and think they must know what their doing or their just dumb. But that whole channel could do with a dredge and a floating pontoon.

Please no more floating pontoons. Even though this is a busy ramp it flows fast because their is a lot of beach to pull up on.

As soon as they put the pontoon in down at Victoria Point it stuffed it. People think that once their is a pontoon they can tie up for as long as they like. (not suggesting you do this Tropicrows)

tropicrows
11-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Tickleich,

I know what you are saying I’ve see it myself, they tie up and stand around and talk. But on the other hand, I have seen ramps with a couple of pontoons that can take four/five boats at a time on each pontoon. Similar to Victoria Point but much bigger and boy can you get boats out of the water fast if everyone does there bit. Some ramps even have a launching and retrieving system, like until 12 noon 3 lanes for launching and 1 lane for retrieving, then it switches 1 lane for launching and 3 lanes for retrieving. These are private ramps in S.A. and you pay to use them boom gates in and out etc etc, but you don’t get nearly as much ramp rage.

fishfeeder
11-01-2012, 09:03 AM
One issue at Raby Bay is there is limited area after retrieving your boat to put down rods and aerials, put strap on the boat and remove the bungs etc.. There are people who only go to the top of the ramp and go about it and in doing so block that lane from being used anyway.. If its busy I do it on the side of the road near the picnic table.

They should put another 3 lane ramp the other side of the VMR building, one side for in and one side for out.

Cheers
Brett

thelump
11-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Please no more floating pontoons. Even though this is a busy ramp it flows fast because their is a lot of beach to pull up on.

As soon as they put the pontoon in down at Victoria Point it stuffed it. People think that once their is a pontoon they can tie up for as long as they like. (not suggesting you do this Tropicrows)

Where is this beach? The only bit I know of is the little bit next to the ramp on the Redlands boating club side. maybe lucky to get 2 boats side by side.

Moonlighter
11-01-2012, 11:10 AM
There are plans afoot, I hear, for an additional 2 or 4 lane ramp on the other side of VMR at Raby Bay, plus a floating pontoon of some kind.

I will follow up with my contacts at Redlands Council to find out where this is at in the planning/ capital works program. Last I heard it was to start construction in 12/13 but with the financial situation at RCC lately may have been put back or even cancelled...who knows. I will try to find out and report back.

Cheers

ML

tropicrows
11-01-2012, 11:14 AM
I suppect if this was to go ahead, the boat club next door would lose a number of its members.

Tickleish
11-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Where is this beach? The only bit I know of is the little bit next to the ramp on the Redlands boating club side. maybe lucky to get 2 boats side by side.

You can get 1-2 boats that side depending on size & 2-4 boats on the VMR side depending on size.

fishfeeder
11-01-2012, 11:25 AM
I wouldn't think it would effect the Boat club members. If anything I would expect it to increase there members with extra people using that general area.
I would join the club there but I am not into fishing competitions and I was told I would need to be added to there LIST as they only allow so many access to the ramp. I could be wrong it was awhile ago that I inquired about it.

Cheers
Brett

Shawn 66
11-01-2012, 11:56 AM
sunchaser, i'd say your mate was pinched for over 6 knots within 30m of the jetty. it's ok to plane through the leads.

cheers
davo

Speed limits

In boating areas maximum speed limits apply. There are penalties and on-the-spot fines for exceeding a speed limit. For safety reasons, it may be necessary to stay well below these limits depending on the conditions.
Before boating in unfamiliar areas, find out if there are any special speed restrictions. Contact a Maritime Safety Queensland regional office (http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/About-us/How-to-contact-us/Regions.aspx), local authorities or marine parks and obey speed restriction signs.
The following restrictions apply throughout Queensland whether signs are present or not.
A speed limit of six knots:

within 30 metres (m) of

boats anchored, moored to the shore or aground
a jetty, wharf, pontoon or boat ramp

within 30 m of people in the water
within 60 m of people in the water when operating a personal watercraft
in boat harbours and marinas.

How many times do you see that happening ?
Shawn

Shawn 66
11-01-2012, 12:00 PM

Thats if you can get near the bastard because of people fishing from it .
Shawn

Captain Seaweed
11-01-2012, 12:04 PM
I hope they dont close the boat club down it would be a shame, not every club is lucky enough to have such a devoted commodore!!!

thelump
11-01-2012, 07:32 PM
You can get 1-2 boats that side depending on size & 2-4 boats on the VMR side depending on size.

Have they filled it with sand? Last time I was there, which was a while ago, it was all rocks and pebbles etc on the VMR side. Not good for glass boats.

bf90
11-01-2012, 07:42 PM
fishfeeder, that is a terrific idea, simple and just brilliant :)

Scalem
11-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Have they filled it with sand? Last time I was there, which was a while ago, it was all rocks and pebbles etc on the VMR side. Not good for glass boats.

Very much depends on the tide Jason, bad ramp to do a solo trip from if you return during anything less than half tide. Expect to add a few more scratches to your keel leaving your boat while you get the car and trailer for the retrieve.

Scalem

Moonlighter
11-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Actually, I think quite a few Redlands boat club members might re- think the value of their $200 p.a. Membership fees, plus levies around $50, if there was extra parking, ramps and a pontoon on the public side of things....many of them are only members because of the pontoon and wash down area, and now with water restrictions meaning the wash down value is quite limited it leaves only the pontoon and " secure" parking. And I heard that the council was considering installing security cameras on the public boat car park too. Starts to make you wonder about the value equation....well it does for me!

ML

Richo1
12-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Hi all,
Something to keep in mind which not too many people are aware of, especially ownerss of large Riviera style cruisers etc.

If your wash causes damage, you are responsible regardless of the distance you are off a jetty, anchored or moored vessel, shore etc.
The speed limit doesn't refer to wash only a designated safe speed. The amount of wash generated varies depending the type of boat your on, for some boats 6 knots is still too fast - the only way to tell is by looking to see what your wash is doing. Wash will also vary depending on the depth of water your in..

Here is an extract from the QLD Transport Operations Regulations refering to a ship's wash.

128 Speed limit for ship if wash can cause marine incident or shoreline damage;
1) a person must not operate a ship at a speed at which the ship's wash is reasonably capable of causing-
(a) a marine incident; or
(b) damage to shoreline
Maximum penalty - 200 penalty units
2) Subsection (1) applies even if a speed limit is fixed under section 206A of this Act.

I'm not sure what the penalty units are, but 200 of them don't sound good.

Cheers Richo

Triple
12-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Was there at hightide on tues and It has sand bags on the vmr side of the ramp.. Been there awhile by the looks of it.. Unsure if it still sandy enough at low tide but?

Moonlighter
12-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Ok, some preliminary news from the Redlands Council. This is all "on the record" info.

Plans have been drawn up for 2 things to be done at the William St ramp at Raby Bay and these are funded by State Government and scheduled in the 12/13 financial year and are expected to be done in that year.

1. New 2 lane boat ramp on the other side of VMR facility.

2. Additional boat trailer parking area to be opened up, adjoining the current car park, to the south. I am awaiting details of how many parking spaces this will be for.

I hope to get a copy of the approved plans for the above and if possible will post them here.

Some other interesting info:

The state won't fund pontoons in what they consider to be unprotected areas, and they consider the William St ramp to be too exposed for them to support $ for a pontoon. However, Council could fund a pontoon from their own funds if they wanted to. Maybe this is something we could press candidates for the upcoming council election to support?

Council would also like to extend the rock wall from the boat club out further along the channel to provide further protection to the ramp and VMR areas from NW and W winds in particular. But again, the $ need to come from the State as it is too much for the council to fund, so this would be something we need to get onto Cleveland MLA Mark Robinson to seek his support for, since he will be the new Fisheries Minister once Capt Bligh gets kicked out sometime early this year.

Hope this info helps, will post further if/ when I get more info.

Cheers

ML

tropicrows
12-01-2012, 02:45 PM
ML, I'm sure Mark will have seen this thread already but you could send him your post as a PM just to be sure and get a response.

Moonlighter
12-01-2012, 03:01 PM
TC

Good idea. PM has just been sent to MR directing his attention to this thread and seeking his support for $ for the necessary work. Hopefully he will reply here for all to see.

Cheers

ML

Mark Robinson MP
15-01-2012, 12:04 AM
ML
I am happy to look into what needs to be done and to work with interested parties and the council to get the best outcome should the LNP form govt.
Re the current state govt funding any of these projects, that is the first I have heard and i wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. There were many boat ramps, pontoons and other marine infrastructure projects that were promised all over Qld at the 2009 election that the govt cancelled after they won the election. It wouldn't surprise me if they make an announcement about it during the election due in March. But it is a commitment that will not be worth the paper it is written on.
So, ML, can I suggest you call my office 32862726 and make a time to discuss the options and look at it at the ramp. I am happy for others to come to if a suitable time can be arranged.
Regards,
Mark
PS: Only a Vote 1 LNP will secure rec fishing rights in Moreton Bay

finga
15-01-2012, 08:44 AM
There were many boat ramps, pontoons and other marine infrastructure projects that were promised all over Qld at the 2009 election that the govt cancelled after they won the election. It wouldn't surprise me if they make an announcement about it during the election due in March. But it is a commitment that will not be worth the paper it is written on.
Regards,
Mark
So when Labor say they are commitment to do something it's not worth the paper it's written on but when the LNP say they're committed it means something else??
How can the one word...committed....mean two different things when used in the same context and out of the mouths of the same classification of people ie politicians??

Lucky_Phill
15-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Labor have a very recent and proven track record of " bare-faced-lies ". Know a gal called Juliar ?

Maybe we should cast our vote for things that were promised and NOT achieved, rather than those that are promised ? If ya know what I mean. ;)

I see another Labor MP has quit. Does that bring it to 8 sitting MP's opting out of the sinking ship at the upcoming election ? :o

LP

Mike Delisser
15-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Labor have a very recent and proven track record of " bare-faced-lies ". Know a gal called Juliar ?

Maybe we should cast our vote for things that were promised and NOT achieved, rather than those that are promised ? If ya know what I mean. ;)

I see another Labor MP has quit. Does that bring it to 8 sitting MP's opting out of the sinking ship at the upcoming election ? :o

LP

That's cause their as dead as a dead dingo's donga, and they know it.

In fairess though Phil the other side is just as loose with the pre-election truth, Tony Abbott has lied through his teeth to the public before previous elections, and he has no excuse as his party had total control of Parliament afterwards and could do what they wanted. Just have a look at Campbell's record on election promises, anyone paying rates in Bris will know what his words are worth, esp inner city unit owners. I could also start with our own MP Mark but the last time I pointed out one of his lies on Ausfish my post disapeared off the face of the earth Phill......
If we wanted to reward parties that are honest with us we should also note that there's been 3 Coalition State Governments elected in the last 3 years (WA, Vic, NSW) and each went after the anglers vote with promises before the elections, and every one of them, 100%, have lied to the anglers who helped put them in, and now the anglers in those states are worse off. Many of those anglers now have increases in Green Zones, increases in regos, and new rec fishing licences, and pre election they were told they wouldn't get these if they voted for the Lib/Nats. Live and learn anglers.
So with both sides just as bad as the other and each with a clear track record of doing the dirty on anglers, I sincerely hope Katters mob get enough support to force whoever wins the next election into giving anglers (& boaties, 4x4s, shooters, horse riders) a fair go.

Moonlighter
15-01-2012, 02:56 PM
ML
I am happy to look into what needs to be done and to work with interested parties and the council to get the best outcome should the LNP form govt.
Re the current state govt funding any of these projects, that is the first I have heard and i wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. There were many boat ramps, pontoons and other marine infrastructure projects that were promised all over Qld at the 2009 election that the govt cancelled after they won the election. It wouldn't surprise me if they make an announcement about it during the election due in March. But it is a commitment that will not be worth the paper it is written on.
So, ML, can I suggest you call my office 32862726 and make a time to discuss the options and look at it at the ramp. I am happy for others to come to if a suitable time can be arranged.
Regards,
Mark

Thanks Mark, I will be in touch. Anyone else who would like to join me to talk to Mark re boating and fishing facilities in his electorate (Redlands) please pm me.

The list I will raise with Mark will be some essentials at Raby Bay including:

1. Dredging the channel to the William St (Raby Bay) ramp - this matter has been flick passed between the Council and the State Government for years now, enough is enough, it needs to be done properly and soon before lives are lost because rescue craft can't get out or in

2. Increase boat trailer parking at Raby Bay, so that on any half decent day cars and trailers don have to be parked on footpaths and miles up the road.

3. Additional ramps on other side of VMR and revamp of the current ramp, with addition of pontoons, and if this means extending the break wall out from the Boat Club to the first red beacon or thereabouts to provide protection, then that has o be done as well.

4. Improvement to the beach adjacent to the ramp so that boats can be beached without damage to property or people on sharp rocks and stones.

Cheers

ML

Triple
15-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Add a decent entry queue rigging and exit de-rigging zone while your at it..

Mark Robinson MP
16-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Thanks Mark, I will be in touch. Anyone else who would like to join me to talk to Mark re boating and fishing facilities in his electorate (Redlands) please pm me.

The list I will raise with Mark will be some essentials at Raby Bay including:

1. Dredging the channel to the William St (Raby Bay) ramp - this matter has been flick passed between the Council and the State Government for years now, enough is enough, it needs to be done properly and soon before lives are lost because rescue craft can't get out or in

2. Increase boat trailer parking at Raby Bay, so that on any half decent day cars and trailers don have to be parked on footpaths and miles up the road.

3. Additional ramps on other side of VMR and revamp of the current ramp, with addition of pontoons, and if this means extending the break wall out from the Boat Club to the first red beacon or thereabouts to provide protection, then that has o be done as well.

4. Improvement to the beach adjacent to the ramp so that boats can be beached without damage to property or people on sharp rocks and stones.

Cheers

ML

Thanks for the heads up ML.

Mark Robinson MP
16-01-2012, 12:46 AM
That's cause their as dead as a dead dingo's donga, and they know it.

In fairess though Phil the other side is just as loose with the pre-election truth, Tony Abbott has lied through his teeth to the public before previous elections, and he has no excuse as his party had total control of Parliament afterwards and could do what they wanted. Just have a look at Campbell's record on election promises, anyone paying rates in Bris will know what his words are worth, esp inner city unit owners. I could also start with our own MP Mark but the last time I pointed out one of his lies on Ausfish my post disapeared off the face of the earth Phill......
If we wanted to reward parties that are honest with us we should also note that there's been 3 Coalition State Governments elected in the last 3 years (WA, Vic, NSW) and each went after the anglers vote with promises before the elections, and every one of them, 100%, have lied to the anglers who helped put them in, and now the anglers in those states are worse off. Many of those anglers now have increases in Green Zones, increases in regos, and new rec fishing licences, and pre election they were told they wouldn't get these if they voted for the Lib/Nats. Live and learn anglers.
So with both sides just as bad as the other and each with a clear track record of doing the dirty on anglers, I sincerely hope Katters mob get enough support to force whoever wins the next election into giving anglers (& boaties, 4x4s, shooters, horse riders) a fair go.

Mike, you certainly have an interesting interpretation. You seem to sing very often from the Labor hymm-sheet - but maybe that is just a co-incidence? And accusing 'MP Mark' of lies and then conspiracy stories about posts disappearing is out-there stuff. Wrt minority parties, all you will do is return Bligh to govt (and her anti-fishing policies). Only vote 1 LNP can actually restore the balance to recreational fishing.

finga
16-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Mike, you certainly have an interesting interpretation. You seem to sing very often from the Labor hymm-sheet - but maybe that is just a co-incidence? And accusing 'MP Mark' of lies and then conspiracy stories about posts disappearing is out-there stuff. Wrt minority parties, all you will do is return Bligh to govt (and her anti-fishing policies). Only vote 1 LNP can actually restore the balance to recreational fishing.
How do we know. What are LNP's fishing policies??

Na. Stuff the policies and commitments and all that crap. They all mean didly squat when they come from a politician
What is LNP going to do at a State level for those of us who like to have a bit recreational time outside the lounge room. That's those who fish, camp, 4 wheel drive, hike, shoot and anything else people enjoy doing in the great oudoors.

Mike asks some very good questions and the reply is take your rose coloured glasses off.
Maybe you should take your rose coloured glasses off Mark and answer questions other then those you want to answer.

As a representative of the area in question in this thread you should have known there is a huge problem and what needs to be done at that boat ramp and every other boat ramp in the Redlands area. The problem has been there for donkey's years and there has been so much said about it in forum, the local papers and every other avenue of communications I reckon even all the Koala's would know there is a huge problem with boat ramps in the Redlands and near everywhere else in Brisbane. You should already know the problems especially so seeing your always harping on about fishing matters here.
Actually talking to constituents in these areas (in this case just the constituents of The Redlands area) would have drawn attention to the fact there is a huge problem with boating and fishing facilities.

Moonlighter
16-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Add a decent entry queue rigging and exit de-rigging zone while your at it..

Absolutely correct, Triple, will definitely add that to the list. The current arrangements bare dangerous. A redesign of the whole top-of-ramp area is needed to screws this.

Cheers

ML

Mike Delisser
16-01-2012, 10:23 PM

Yet I'll still be helping out some LNP mates at the March BCC elections, go figure. Maybe I just don't like people trying to pull the wool over our eyes, that's why you lost me with the post below Mark.

Mark Robinson MP said "To start with, Campbell is a BCF bloke - into boats, camping and fishing. He may be an inner city Brisbanite, but he loves Moreton Bay and camping and fishing with family and mates."

At the time I replied to your clanger above then shortly after my post was removed, and not by me.

Now if you'd said Campbell was a "Barbara's House & Garden" sort of guy, then you'd be telling the truth Mark. According to Campbell's own bios (and backed up in inteviews with Lisa), Campbell is into jogging, cooking Italian and Thai dishes, cleaning, genealogical research, and with what little spare time he has, he likes to build up computers or garden. Never any mention of boating, fishing or camping anywhere.
The closest Campbell has come anywhere to even mentioning boating, camping or fishing as something he is "into or loves" (your words Mark but I'd settle for a simple enjoys) was to a reporter for Engineering Australia Magazine, Campbell told him one of his favourite things to do was to take the family on a train ride down to the bay and buy a fresh seafood lunch.
Anyone who knows even a little about Campbell the man knows he's no BCF guy at all.

ozscott
16-01-2012, 10:31 PM
With more lanes at the public I will make sure I keep paying the club fees next door. Cheers