PDA

View Full Version : how accurate are the cheap sounders ??

softplasticsdude79
07-01-2012, 06:51 AM
i have a eagle cude 128 on my boat,i know its botttom of the line,but i am not upgrading until i get my next boat,Are these still accurate,i hate the fish symbols but are they actually true,or could they also be debris and the like.It seems to be accurate as far as the depth goes,just a little concerned as it always shows fishies but i dont seem to catch them there,and where i dont see little fishies is where i usually catch them - go figure.

ooops wrong catergory,sorry mods,please move to correct section

FishHunter
07-01-2012, 06:55 AM
The fish id function on any sounder is garbage most of your fish will no doubt be weed. There have been a few posts about reading sounders on this forum if you use the search function you will find a wealth of information

Prowl n Wolf
07-01-2012, 08:08 AM
i've got the same sounder on the tinnie. mines always tell'n me the fish are there including the last 3 very ordinary outings. i just use it to find drop offs etc. regards, tony.

tunaticer
07-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Use it for bottom contour imaging and depth, I would pay very little attention to the midwater things it shows. Often times you will not see fish on the sounder whilst you are catching them.