PDA

View Full Version : gold coast blues 6/1

OPTI
06-01-2012, 07:14 PM
went out today with kevin from gold coast fishing tackle and greame the skipper of amego,we went 4/3/2 on blue marlin @150kg and180kg dropped the hooks on another around 150kg after ten minutes.the first one tail wrapped and after 1hr45mins it came up dead ,despite our best cpr efforts we couldnt revive him ,so it was into the boat for some happy snaps .i need a bigger boat::).mine took 35mins to tag.it was kevins birthday today so good to see him do something he loves so much.
i lernt so much of these two guys today i just hope i can retain half of it.really good to have a day with so much action.il post pics up when kev emails them to me

kitty_cat
06-01-2012, 07:56 PM
sounds like a great day mate wish i could get one

fish'n'chippy
06-01-2012, 08:03 PM
it was an absolute pleasure mate
your boat is a great to fish out of, but a bigger one would be nice as well.......

skipper is a bit much, i just drive the boat.......

good luck tomorrow

grahame

Smithy
06-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Good one Grahame and boys. Still doing your black/gold slant heads? Few of the boys up here would still buy them. They have a bit of a cult following as a short rigger lure. That is if you don't run a Bobby Brown there.

fish'n'chippy
06-01-2012, 09:49 PM
thanks smithy,
they are as rare as rocking horse 5h!t now.......fish keep eating them
funny enough Kevy still has a set (probably because he doesn't go fishing much), and one of todays fish was caught on that lure......::)......and the other one on the purple......;D
are you coming down for the light tackle comp?

Smithy
07-01-2012, 04:28 AM
Yeh was going to be on Spartacus but Rolfy has pulled the pin or something and maybe on Shaka now instead. If not will be driving Lynch Mob a 31' Cabo from up here or will get on with Mick McKinnon on Privateer the 41' Luhrs Express.

OPTI
07-01-2012, 05:13 AM
dont worry smithy i tried everytrick in the book to buy those lures today ,with no luck::).i did manage to get one on loan.just hope a wahoo doesnt chomp it;D

fish'n'chippy
07-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Yeh was going to be on Spartacus but Rolfy has pulled the pin or something and maybe on Shaka now instead. If not will be driving Lynch Mob a 31' Cabo from up here or will get on with Mick McKinnon on Privateer the 41' Luhrs Express.

looks like you are spoilt for choice
i don't know where we will be fishing, at this stage it looks like we might all be out chasing the blues on 8........
i will definately catch up with you over the weekend

opti
you just haven't reached my price to come out of retirement..........maybe a left nut or a share in the boat, something like that......:o

ps. i will only negotiate while out fishing.........;D
cheers
G

trueblue
07-01-2012, 09:22 AM
what do these lures look like?

Midnight
07-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Well done Dave, good to see you getting a few mate.

I love it when people talk about fishing for Blues on 8! Yeeeeehaaaaaa good luck!
Leave the tagpole in the rack though :)

The Australian 8kg record is currently 59.5kg.

Cheers,
Myles

PinHead
07-01-2012, 02:49 PM

with a name like Shaka..that would have to be an Assegai?

business class
07-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Well done on the blues mate. Pitty about the first fish dieing.... We jumped one off but that was it for us.

OPTI
07-01-2012, 05:52 PM
thanks matty ,yeah that was the one you saw us hooked up to early,was a shame,explaines why it was so hard to get up.i herd you went 3/2/2 on thursday ??toe the line went 2/2/1 as well .i think there were around 10 tagged on friday and at least that number dropped ,awesome bite on atm,was the best day marlin fishing ive had to date,and awesome weather[finally]
there is a guy on gcgfc forum with some pics of your boat and a email if you want some copys??
i hope some small blacks turn up in the next two weeks ,or theres goin to be a global shortage of 8 kg line after the light tackle comp::)
hopefully kevin will get the pics to me in the next few days.the one with the fish across the boat is a ripper.

Smithy
07-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeh Greg the biggest Assegai yet, a 65'er.

Mick you have seen it. The black/gold over purple slant head of Graeme's.

They bit up here yesterdy too. Know of 3 boats in the same area who saw 14 between them and one got 2 and one missed out and the other boat got one. Bit quieter here today but Paddy Dimond got his first for the boat in the same spot and a few got tagged down the Cape. Goldy was a bit quieter but the SCGFC Cabo Lynch Mob got a beerfish and a blue down on your grounds. They were their first heavy tackle ones.

Si
07-01-2012, 07:54 PM
sounds like an awesome trip. well done.

OPTI
07-01-2012, 09:01 PM
heres a couple of pics i took off the computer off the go pro ,sad to kill such an awesome fish :'(,hopefully wont happen too often.the one i got was bigger but have to wait for kevs pics ,no go pro footage of that one.we estimated this one at 150 kg,he also had a long liners circle hook in his jaw

kitty_cat
08-01-2012, 04:33 PM
thanks for your help mate only one dollie for us yesterday but conditions where very ordinary , seen plenty of flying fish and birds.

OPTI
08-01-2012, 05:23 PM
yeah i got up at 3 am and looked at seabreeze,15knt at the seaway so i went back to bed.thats a shame you didnt get a shot at one,know doubt your turn will come.friday was just a special day both weather and action.

outwide1
08-01-2012, 11:03 PM
I was wondering how you went yesterday Wayne.
I was talking to Kev today regarding a couple of 50s,sick of this no small blacks.lol
Mick

Spot82
14-01-2012, 02:43 AM
Hi Opti,

Couple of pics for you I took as we drove past....

Anthony

fisho8
14-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Good stuff Opti jeez I could never get sick of looking at a boat like that good pics Spot82.

OPTI
14-01-2012, 07:04 PM
thanks for those pics anthony ,always wondered what it looked like from the out side.cheers dave