PDA

View Full Version : Mooloolabah 5/1/12 Busy as.....

Angla
06-01-2012, 05:06 PM
5.45 and I had to park like a km away from the ramp. I wish just a few of the single cars would go a little further.

Anyway, leaving the Kawana ramp and all the christmas worries behind was a great feeling. Straight to the Banks to try the new sounder / GPS. I took a while to find a fish but eventually found more than a few. The snapper were illusive and only under size pearlies on this trip. Went all the way up to the Hards with no big fish found there.
Dolphins were a plenty on the Hards but too big to fillet.
I went back down the Banks and found the current had picked up there and the fish scattered.
Finished a Murphies for a final snapper and a Jew (i think)

Happy with the tally and the whole trip

A special mention to Jtpython for causing me to change my old tactics like anchoring instead of drifting and rig changes too as well as bait changes. Anchoring and fresh bait worked best all round on the paternosta.

Cheers
Chris

TREVELLY
06-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the report Chris - a few nice reefies - you did some miles.

Some iodine bream? If so did you fillet some and return them on a big hook?

Assume you like your new toy?

Angla
06-01-2012, 05:28 PM
I sent probably a dozen of the critters back on the Fillet and release program. quite a few of the fish were caught on this. I had no problems at all with current until I came back to the bottom of the banks.

Cheers
Chris

outta line
06-01-2012, 05:31 PM
cheers for the report nice fish....you will love your nss so easy to use.i have 8' just running as a plotter for now. do you have fuel flow hook up to it?

Vitamin Sea
06-01-2012, 05:35 PM
A nice feed there Chris, have not seen from the banks of late, have not seen a southern fusiler for yonks either, good eating, don't think much of the Iodine bream though:P

Top catch well done

Cheers

VS

Lucky_Phill
06-01-2012, 07:13 PM
From reports I have been getting from the Sunny Coast area, it appears you have done really well.

Nice work.

LP

castamasta
06-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Nice work Chris,thanks for the report.
Cheers,Gav.

Wax_head
06-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Hey I was wondering about all of the single no trailers cars/4x4's parked at the ramp also, there is actually a sign there saying that only cars and trailers to be park in the boat ramp car park I think.

If I take a couple of mates with me they park in the next car park up the road so that there is less time for boats to be stuck at the ramp while a driver has to go and get car and trailer etc. I guess these days people don't read!!!!!!!

Good to see you got some good fish, there were quite a few boats at murphys but then again there were heaps of boaties out fullstop.

Safe boating.
Bicko

Angla
06-01-2012, 10:47 PM
I don't have fuel on it due to the smart gauges with the Verado.
Have you thought of the side scan for your Simrad. Seems a little exy given what mine has already cost. I'm thinking about it a little more.

Cheers
Chris

Stu Dows
07-01-2012, 10:57 AM
I was down at mooloolaba cg ramp an noticed a lady taking regos and I politely ask what she was doing she said she had be been employed to conduct a survey and didnt know who was to colate or use the information she was friendly but i can't help but be concerned what would be the motivation behind the survey. I bet that land is worth a mint and I doubt they a thinking of putting a multi storey car park in for boaties.

outta line
07-01-2012, 12:21 PM
cheers chris....i only ask about fuel flow as i am having trouble with the ep 60 flow sensor i am waiting to here back from simrad tech support seem like it has the same software problem the hds has...did look at structure scan when i first got it and would be nice to have but not a must for me so think i will add radar first then get a 1kw trans as i would like to be able to scrol back and save waypoint on the school of fish, ledge, etc . i am running a 585 as sounder at the moment .
cheers mick

nigelr
07-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Great looking sounder, love that first split-screen pic!

Angla
07-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Scrolling back and marking fish and stuff is just plain easy. I also have the 1Kw Through hull Transducer (installed by Grand Marlin) because I could not bring myself to cut the hole and it is perfect right up to WOT
Cheers
Chris
cheers chris....i only ask about fuel flow as i am having trouble with the ep 60 flow sensor i am waiting to here back from simrad tech support seem like it has the same software problem the hds has...did look at structure scan when i first got it and would be nice to have but not a must for me so think i will add radar first then get a 1kw trans as i would like to be able to scrol back and save waypoint on the school of fish, ledge, etc . i am running a 585 as sounder at the moment .
cheers mick