PDA

View Full Version : moreton 33's day 2 and smashed them

rosco1974
05-01-2012, 04:17 PM
after yesterday gettin a few squire i made plans to take a few family friends out for a fish today again at the 33's.now the 2 blokes i took out this morning where novice offshore fisho's at best so i knew it was going to be a struggle. i new i could get them a few fish.i left manly bout 5 and picked u my fellow fisho's off the amity point jetty on the way out.conditions where a bit worse than yesterday but still well and truely fishable.we got to my spot and after a bit of a lesson on float lining i let them have a crack.after bout 5 minutes my youngfella had a squire in the box and the others had dropped a fish each::).they deployed the pillies just as we hit a good show with all 3 fishing hooking up to keeper squire.we did a few drifts for bugger all then i went back over the groung had from the day b4 when the gps did work and instantly we began to hook up.by this stage i was sick of playing deckie so started fishing as well next 3 drifts we finnished our bag off of 16 squirey snapps and a lonely old pearlie again.was a great day out with the catch of the day being a 71cm snapp to 1 of the novices.snapps sized between 36 and 71 cm not big fish but good chewin...again i used a 2hook snelled rig with a 1 once dayoo special glow sinker.pillies again for bait..was good to see novice fisho's get a few fish and can tell u the bloke who got the 71cm snapp was rooted when he got it in;D the poor bugger had every bit of 200mtrs of75322 line out when he hooked it...we drifted a 2knts most of the day.i find around this speed perfect for floatlining this area...back at amity around 1175321
cheers rosco

TimD
05-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Good work rosco and crew :thumbsup:

And you even got a "Snapper" this time :P

cheers tim :)

rosco1974
05-01-2012, 04:48 PM
nah mate i didn't.the big bloke got it.was the biggest fish he has ever caught so was a very special day for him he will talk about it for the next yr till i take him out again.was a great day out.biggest i got was 55cm.the youngfellas still leadin the comp between us but i did make him sweat when i hooked it
cheers rosco

liltuffy
05-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Hey Rosco was that you I saw at the sevens about 8:30, we were in the V-Sea with the empty esky.

Craig

fisho8
05-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Good feed there Ross well done mate also good to see your guests got a feed to.:)

rosco1974
05-01-2012, 05:53 PM
nah craig wasn't me.didn't leave the 33's
fisho8,
they got more than a feed as they are leaving straddie tomorrow so i left 12 there for the 3 families to share.brought 4 smaller ones home for the bbq tonight cooked whole.
cheers rosco

fisho8
05-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Ahh ok well you are a kind hearted fellow then looking after your guests like that good to hear everyone got a feed then. Keep the reports coming mate always good to see them.

liltuffy
05-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Rosco was the current roaring on the 33's as well - unfishable east of the group

robsue
05-01-2012, 06:16 PM
another successful trip outside Rosco, you learnt the ropes quick

rosco1974
05-01-2012, 06:35 PM
was a bit there craig but not to bad .easily fishable.
yeah robsue think i just found a purple patch out there...how did u go on the tings get many

fisho,i get out alot so i dont need alot for a feed as always got a few fillet in the freezer if i miss out on a trip but seem to be gettin a feed every trip now.