PDA

View Full Version : Broadwater Bingle

Argle
05-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Coming home yesterday I found myself in an unusal position of being in a traffic jam, nothing too unusal I suppose except this was while I was still on the water! We had left Tipplers channel at the southern end and headed north, at the top end there is a really tight little channel where you can go left to Jacobs Well or keep going North towards the Pin bar. At low tide it is VERY tight. Coming towards the channel markers It looked like a parking lot, I follwed a cruiser through who was following a sailboat who was following something else etc etc. The main reason for the hold up was there was a dredge doing some dredging (as they do) and a houseboat and a fifty odd foot cruiser all parked in the middle of the channel.
The houseboat and the dredge had come together at some point - major crunch marks on the houseboat, and it looked like the cruiser had tried to avoid the pair of them and ended up on a sandbank.
The cruiser had his bow and stern thrusters going flat out trying to get off the sandbank but it looked like she was pretty stuck, lucky the tide was coming in so he would get off later I guess, hopefully without doing much damage to the drive gear.
So we moseyed through what was left of the channel the best we could and kept going, was going to try and get a couple of pics but it was pretty busy and didnt want to get mixed up in another collision.

Anyone else see what happened before or after? Be interested to see what actually happened?

Cheers
Scott